Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2014, 06:00 PM   #2866
GaryAK
Easy Going

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Heya Q~

Wow ... you must have xray vision to see the splinters and sorry they hurt your eyes , lucky they didn't hurt my bum ...think it is my woolie protective layer

Cheers Andi

Geez Andi - I would give $50 to unsee that...
GaryAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #2867
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,487
Rio De Janeiro To Itacoatiara

The road up from Paraty very scenic along the coast, the tail end of the cold spell still playing with us and the road damp in places but as the day grew older the temperature climbed again.

Coastal was the order of the day sneaking into Copacabana the back way which was easy given our hostel was just off the main drag in.

We had organised to meet up with Sheldon and Ev and they had already booked in to the hostel.

On our arrival our booking had been mucked up, the manager who was not there had dropped the ball completely and was quite offensive, we then got the owner involved who stepped in and sorted it out working everything out to keep everyone happy.

We spent the next day going for a tour with Sheldon and Ev who were local enough to know there way round ...outstanding!!!!

At the top of the hill in the plants Ellen spotted a green butterfly, hadn't seen these before

Me Kiwi, Ellen Chiwi, Ev Polish & Sheldon Ozzie ....slightly international in Rio

Dodgy bemma riders

Some interested people at the famous stair in Rio

We decided to hit it the next day and head north along the coast line, getting out of Rio was interesting with traffic jams and serious heat, poor ol Maya still runnin rough from the crappy fuel so I will have to clean the carbs.

Ev and Sheldon

We only made it 33 km (big day) ....nearly as far as Itacoatiara when a Suzuki car pulled up beside Sheldon and said where you going?, Sheldon says talk to the guys up front cos they are leading, so the Suzuki pulls up and the dude says where ya going, I replied and said dunno but north and we are turning right here.

A quick conversation before the lights changed he said, there is a nice beach etc follow me so we did, we pulled over further down and he said there is a nice beach etc and if you want you can come and stay at my house .... done deal!!!

So the beach appeared with scenery walking everywhere .... Sheldon and I stoked at the scenery, Eve and Ellen stoked to be a in a nice place but there was chickie eye candy too so everyone was happy.

Paulo (our new found host) took us to back to his house, under the cover was a new 12 Tenere, he is a rider too, and we found out later he met the world wide ride Sara and Dan in Agentina.

Ditching the bikie gear we turned into humans and took a walk back to the beach and their local clubhouse which saw us rehydrate and have to go for a swim ... hard times.

A walk along the beach netted some great views and the sun warming our backs and to finish a walk to the supermarket to get sushi supplies.

There is nice sand here too

Ev gettin frisky .... (sorry chick you need different parts for that)

The sand was a different colour at this end of the beach

I like yello

Some real talent here, if I get into this position call me an ambulance

Ellens section, apparently this is good swimming sea

More on Itacoatiara ...... no more beachkini shots though

....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us

Two Moto Kiwis screwed with this post 08-17-2014 at 02:51 PM
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:10 PM   #2868
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryAK View Post
Geez Andi - I would give $50 to unsee that...
Heya Gary

I will take ya 50 bucks ....... ......just push the undo button and see if that works ....save some coin

Cheers Andi
Old 08-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #2869
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 15,893
hi andy and ellen....i'm back again and renewing my subscription.

those pics got my attention.....

great to see you guys are in a good and happy swing again! cheers!

that sheldon guy, i could not believe the luck he has with women...
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #2870
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,406
I tought I'd catch up, couldn't see the pics at work so I am way behind. And now the old computer with the cracked screen is overheating. Must be them hot beach pics.....

Still early here time to cool off the computer, get off here and get back to my mail, time to fill you in on our local happenings and maybe a bad pic of some Beear fur on my bike......

Looks like you are in good company.....the only other thread on here I am following sporadically.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #2871
CHECOSO
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Brasil is the best country on Earth... i think is far away from a country, it´s another dimension!!!... girls, beaches... sun... heat.. friendly and happy people... they only need less corruption to be perfect
CHECOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:29 PM   #2872
mettalique
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
I'm happy to report your camera is working fine...unlike Sheldon's who only kept taking photos of KTM's...
mettalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:55 PM   #2873
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
hi andy and ellen....i'm back again and renewing my subscription.

those pics got my attention.....

great to see you guys are in a good and happy swing again! cheers!

that sheldon guy, i could not believe the luck he has with women...
Heya Joel

Yeap back into a place where people are happy and that makes a huge difference eh, when bashed with so much negativity it brings you down, Brasil is up there with Colombian for friendliness and helpfulness.

That Sheldon guy ..... yeah he is a complete bastid Ev is the balancer on the wobbly wheel

Cheers Andi
Old 08-18-2014, 05:02 PM   #2874
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
I tought I'd catch up, couldn't see the pics at work so I am way behind. And now the old computer with the cracked screen is overheating. Must be them hot beach pics.....

Still early here time to cool off the computer, get off here and get back to my mail, time to fill you in on our local happenings and maybe a bad pic of some Beear fur on my bike......

Looks like you are in good company.....the only other thread on here I am following sporadically.
Heya Pierre

Yeah some of those beaches were hot alright ... ... nearly buggered our camera and computer

Thanks for the big catchup, reply coming back but I have 1.13 hours left on our battery, our new charger went south in 3 weeks ....bugger, gota geta new one again tomorrow ....nutha $150 bucks!!!

Bear fur???? ... lets see that one?

Yeap, good spaces, good places, good people here so enjoying it and loving the warmer weather too after being at 4000 - 4500 meters, great to be at sea level breathing easy with sun on ya back watching the world go by.

Cheers Andi
Old 08-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #2875
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer: 3,299
Good to see you bums are still having fun! Some neat looking spots along that Brazilian coast, the different varieties of sand are indeed very interesting keep up the good work.

Just had the MMMMM midwinter ride here - was a bit warm really, no frost, no rain, no snow. (2 days earlier we would have been in a blizzard though) Great couple of days riding & some hard work put in supporting NZ's country pubs

Cheers
Clint

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:09 PM   #2876
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECOSO View Post
Brasil is the best country on Earth... i think is far away from a country, it´s another dimension!!!... girls, beaches... sun... heat.. friendly and happy people... they only need less corruption to be perfect
Heya CHECOSO I would have to agree this place is awesome, slightly better than the neighbours eh

Beaches, chicas, sun and nice people ..... it awful ....quite l i k i n g it to be honest.

The corruption thing seems to be rife in Politics by the sounds of it, also in big business so yes trimming that back would improve it to near perfect ... also their bikinis are too big

Cheers Andi
Old 08-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #2877
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by mettalique View Post
I'm happy to report your camera is working fine...unlike Sheldon's who only kept taking photos of KTM's...
Heya mettalique

Yes the problem seems to be heat related and really come into play at beaches ... strange but we will work our way around it.

Secretly Sheldon is riding an orange BMW because he couldn't get the full monty orange KTM, there are always dispensations to be made

I will pull him aside and have a talk about the envy streak , one day when he grows up he might be able to get a KTM too, I will help him through this harsh time

Cheers Andi
Old 08-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #2878
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintnz View Post
Good to see you bums are still having fun! Some neat looking spots along that Brazilian coast, the different varieties of sand are indeed very interesting keep up the good work.

Just had the MMMMM midwinter ride here - was a bit warm really, no frost, no rain, no snow. (2 days earlier we would have been in a blizzard though) Great couple of days riding & some hard work put in supporting NZ's country pubs

Cheers
Clint
Heya Clint

Yeah man the sand is interesting here ...will be sure to take more pics to compare grain size and colour

MMMMM sounds like it was easy this yeah, mum nature changes her mind quickly eh, good ol NZ weather eh and good onya for keepin the economy heading north.

Next year will see if we can join you for the MMMMM, actually we may be flying back via AK so a NI tour might be on the cards and do a victory lap home .... sounds like an opportunity for riding and

Cheers Andi
Old 08-21-2014, 05:11 AM   #2879
vabuckaroo68
Gnarly!

Oddometer: 1,131
Scenery

Looks like they have nice scenery down south
Good to see you folks doing OK and the 9fiddy rockin on !
04 KTM 950 ADV ~ "BEASTIE", '08 KTM 450 XCR-W, Husky 360 WR/CR, Bultaco Frontera 250
vabuckaroo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:26 AM   #2880
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabuckaroo68 View Post
Looks like they have nice scenery down south
Good to see you folks doing OK and the 9fiddy rockin on !
Heya vabuckaroo68

Scenery ... lots

Bike going well and taking us to some outstanding places

Cheers Andi