Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #541
garrydymond
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 218
Wow that was quick. I´d still be sitting by the side of the road crying over the damaged bike. Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

Garry
Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #542
roscoau
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
We have joined the coul club now,
How the heck to you wreck a bike in the middle of nowhere and within two days get yourself something like that to continue on?

Ural - speed limits aren't a restriction, they are an achievement!
roscoau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #543
Baggi'tard
Assventure rider

Oddometer: 685
Yo! Nice "recovery" welcome to the Dark (orange) Side. That 950SE is going to be one wicked choice for continuing. Looking forward to the trip and hearing that Ellen is doing well. Will be interesting to see the pictures and perspective from being the passenger now.

"Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff." Bob Lee Swagger.
KTM 640E, KTM Duke II, Ducati Multistrada 1100S

Baggi'tard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:36 PM   #544
Night Falcon
Adventure NZL

Oddometer: 1,679
That SE rocks dude! I know all about "orange fever" as I was infected forever when first laid eyes on my brand new 990ADV . Use fullas deserve to travel in a little style and that bike is as good as it gets. Hows Ellens rear seat on the fly photography skills?
Night Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #545
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by garrydymond View Post
Wow that was quick. I´d still be sitting by the side of the road crying over the damaged bike. Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

Garry
Heya Garry, we are on a tight time frame of nothing to do and all day to do it so we have to get cracking .... besides we have to meet some dodgy dude in Mexico city so we have to get back
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #546
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoau View Post
How the heck to you wreck a bike in the middle of nowhere and within two days get yourself something like that to continue on?
Determination, that is all.

We have to get organised or we will miss out, if you want it make it happen ... that is how we got here.

Besides she didn't crash in the middle of nowhere it is in the middle of somewhere

We found the bike by chance so took the opportunity, hopefully it will work out.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #547
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggi'tard View Post
Yo! Nice "recovery" welcome to the Dark (orange) Side. That 950SE is going to be one wicked choice for continuing. Looking forward to the trip and hearing that Ellen is doing well. Will be interesting to see the pictures and perspective from being the passenger now.
Ellen is doing well, off the walking sticks today although slow she is making great progress.

We are lucky enough to be in a relaxing and quite spot, we have a beach with warmish water so she has been swimming daily doing weightless exercise in the water which has helped incredibly.

Monday we keave back to the US to ge sorted, things will become easier then.

Pics .....you bet!!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #548
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
That SE rocks dude! I know all about "orange fever" as I was infected forever when first laid eyes on my brand new 990ADV . Use fullas deserve to travel in a little style and that bike is as good as it gets. Hows Ellens rear seat on the fly photography skills?
Cheers mate, yeah it is nicely kitted hence we grabbed it, I loved my 990 SMR in NZ and I rode Toddys 950 SE with a woody so looking forward to continuing on this.....think I might need some tissues

Ellen photography will be tested and improved as we go ....hopefully still meet with approval
Old 11-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #549
Caliduc
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thumb Nice Ride Andi & Ellen!!

I know you will be much happier on that. I get a feeling you are being a bad influence on me to go get the 990 we looked at Glad you found a great ride!!!
Caliduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #550
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 881
I've just caught up on the RR......
Ellen... Bad news on the ooopsie but it sounds like your healing well physically, the mind may take a wee bit longer. But I'm sure you will be back on 2 wheels before to long. Like all the others I wish you a speedy recovery.
Andi.... Buggar... But it's all part of the adventure aye. Shame about the KTM, IMHO the 800gs would've been better, but I'm a little biased.
If ya like I can shoot down to Wonka and put some stamps on the Handbag to continue the journey.... I wonder how many it would take to ship it to Mexico ?
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:54 AM   #551
beemer67
Really Old airhead

Oddometer: 213
After following all your recent problems re Geico not covering you in Mexico, I am guessing that you don't have Mexican insurance on the bikes (why would you, as you thought you were covered)

But now you are riding north you know you aren't covered. Take it extra careful if you decide to do without. Because if in an accident all parties get arrested and then the police sort it out.
beemer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #552
GuateRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,369
Suerte

Good to see Ellen getting better and that you are back on the road again !!
I hope everything goes well with your reentry in the US , because by law you are required to leave North America (that includes Canada and Mexico) before being allowed to reentry the US . That's the way the guy that gave me the visa at the US embassy in Guatemala explained it to me .
Old 12-01-2012, 03:26 PM   #553
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliduc View Post
I know you will be much happier on that. I get a feeling you are being a bad influence on me to go get the 990 we looked at Glad you found a great ride!!!
Hey they let you on here .... place is going to the pack now

Ouwh ... no pressure dude b u t that is a noice bike, time to move from torture rack to fun fun fun.

You have SO much adventure riding on your door step it is unreal. ... will bring Maya up and we can play!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #554
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj View Post
I've just caught up on the RR......
Ellen... Bad news on the ooopsie but it sounds like your healing well physically, the mind may take a wee bit longer. But I'm sure you will be back on 2 wheels before to long. Like all the others I wish you a speedy recovery.
Andi.... Buggar... But it's all part of the adventure aye. Shame about the KTM, IMHO the 800gs would've been better, but I'm a little biased.
If ya like I can shoot down to Wonka and put some stamps on the Handbag to continue the journey.... I wonder how many it would take to ship it to Mexico ?
Heya James ... great to hear from you mate.

Yeah skunky old KTM bro, nothin much , I don't think they would let the Handbag in here mate .. bit dodgy lookin but better than 99% of the car on the road here

Hope your body is all good again and life is treating you well and yeap we have had a capital A put on adventure for sure.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #555
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer67 View Post
After following all your recent problems re Geico not covering you in Mexico, I am guessing that you don't have Mexican insurance on the bikes (why would you, as you thought you were covered)

But now you are riding north you know you aren't covered. Take it extra careful if you decide to do without. Because if in an accident all parties get arrested and then the police sort it out.
Yeah only have Mexico 3rd party, we have both bikes coming up on a ute, we are paying dearly for it but it saves Ellen trying to ride while still healing ... what price do you put on that so there will be no riding between here and Phoenix.

Will find out more about full cover for Maya as we have a bit invested in her, we couldn't take another financial hit like that without seriously compromising the trip ... such is life and we are both still alive ... who COOL is that!!!!