Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2013, 06:09 PM   #1066
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkycamNZ View Post
If I had been an onlooker, it wouldn't have been a problem!
None of the guys had a problem ... which was comforting

Quote:
But who's that HOLDING your drink? Mate, that last round of guts ache looks like it robbed you of about 10 kgs!!!!
Yeah it did a bit of that but my guts was blown out like a ballon and felt like it too, I lay down one day for a rest and noticed my guts still standing out like fake boobs do ... was worrying about losing sight of other things
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #1067
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Looks to me like the painting and electrical work stoop to same low standards! Incredible!
Yeap and it is standard form in Cuba, the lady in Trinidad did the same thing "would you like the light on senor?" Si señora .... plugged wires in... bizzedt crackle ... smoke and the lights were on
Old 03-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #1068
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Cuba - Day 18 - Vinales

My first breakfast in a few days and although limited in what the Docs would let me eat I enjoyed it which was a great start, NO coffee for me until the meds are done so that is a bit hard smelling beautiful Cuban coffee knowing I can’t have any.

We set off on our bicycle tour to the Cigar farm, rock artwork and caves, $20 CUC (dollars) was so well worth it as it included lunch, drink, park entry, bike hire and a our guide who could talk Spinglish.

Our getaway vehicles

Leaving at 9.00am it was a 25 km round trip over 4.5 hours duration and a great way to take in the local sights having the local guide.

There is a massive painting by a local artist that is 180 metres long and 120 metres high

To gauge the size of this incredible work you need a human so I got three, Ellen in the middle, Lucy and Sarndra to the left

Dedication to photography ... just for you guys

Part of the trip was through caves, walking then onto a small boat ... outstanding it was and really well worth it.

Looking up toward the roof of the cavern you can see the lime and clay wash coming through

Lime wash down the walls

Nearing the exit of the cave

Our Amigos Sarndra and Lucy who were on the cycle trip with us we organised to meet for tea, Lucy has just come back from 10 months in South America and said nowhere near enough!!!! ..... real keen to chat more with her and to swap todays photos.

A brightly coloured casa we passed on the way back

This buckled and beaten Ural caught my eye along with the phones (again), the thing that set this bike aside from the others is it had a Dulux overhaul nothing less than hand painted with a house brush so it will mechanically sound for another 100000

Later in the avo we walked up to a spendie hotel to get grande views of Vinales, the weather was clear and hot so a nice walk indeed then back to town for a juice.

Check out this little fella, he surprised me with how far he could jump

There is something about Urals, they are very much the Cuban workhorse but this is the first one we spotted with a trailer

This one was only four people and a cake tray

For our trip back to Habana we organised a Cubataxi with two others, it worked out at $3 CUC each more but we get picked up from Vinales Casa and taken door to door to our Habana Casa so it actually works out slightly cheaper to do this as we do not need to get a taxi at the other end which would cost another $8.00 CUC.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:19 PM   #1069
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
they either thought I was tuff or thick
Well you are one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #1070
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,462
Quote:
Back to the casa it was time to turn the lights on...

An early night was had to try and recharge.
Well.... looks like they paintmarked the hot side.They may know which one to plug in first. Nail polish or....blood????

Got up really early to catch up, I may even hear the owl again or the new "local" I already heard Mr. Wolf. Good he may eat the darn barky dog next door......time to go finish my detailing around switches/outlets. No tape required.....!

Bugger the big syringue, I hope it helped. I have been there on Hispaniola Island, they sure seem to like them big down there.

Good Luck Ellen with the operation.Glad it is Mexico and travel insurance.Got the first free in BC, second time around pretty expensive and then third time was coming.....yank that tooth out I said.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #1071
Throttlemeister
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,707
Did you guy's skip out on Cuba's Holy Site in Santa Clara

He's made out to be like a god to the people on the island, even after killing so many of them
Old 03-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #1072
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,090
Don't get it

I don't get it John,
Locating, tracking, and killing that useless piece of shit by our SF Group made Zero Dark Thirty look like a video game, I'll never understand the fascination with that godless bastard. If people only knew the real story they would like I do ever time I think about how & where that punk pos was killed.

Hi jack & rant over

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #1073
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciedema View Post
Well you are one of those.
... I prefer tuff
Old 03-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #1074
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Well.... looks like they paintmarked the hot side.They may know which one to plug in first. Nail polish or....blood????.
Will run with nail polish

There are so many dodgy things in Cuba that wouldn't be allowed in other countries.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #1075
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlemeister View Post
Did you guy's skip out on Cuba's Holy Site in Santa Clara

He's made out to be like a god to the people on the island, even after killing so many of them
Ouwh no I can't believe we missed an opportunity for more brainwashing and propaganda

If they could see into future one wonders if they would have changed their approach back then ?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:10 AM   #1076
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by BELSTAFF View Post
I don't get it John,
Locating, tracking, and killing that useless piece of shit by our SF Group made Zero Dark Thirty look like a video game, I'll never understand the fascination with that godless bastard. If people only knew the real story they would like I do ever time I think about how & where that punk pos was killed.

Hi jack & rant over
Mate we are on the same page.

We have had the discussion dozens of time now that next time they have "a good idea" and do a revolution thing again that the people should actually become better off.

Even though they lost it is drummed into them that the "idea" was and is great
Old 03-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #1077
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Cuba - Day 19 - Vinales To Habana

We managed to get a Cubataxi that was organised to pick us up at 10.00am, most Cubans to be honest are very punctual and sure as normal 9.59am the car rocks up.

Said goodbyes and did photos with our warmest casa host in Cuba

We pile in and meet out travel companions for the morning from Mexico Sean and his good lady (that is short for we forgot her name), very interesting chatting to them about their travels etc.

The driver was good keeping up a nice and steady pace ... nothing too life threatening, arriving in Habana we were dropped off at the Casa we had been recommended by Lucy and Sarndra but unfortunately they were full and not having their phone number we could not ring ahead, no worries they ALL have amigos and within 10 minutes of watching “Meeting The Fockers” in spanish we were sorted and taken to a very nice place.

The price was more than we wanted to spend as my medical bill had left us slightly short but he was slightly accommodating so we booked in for tea and breakfast as well which he was pretty happy about as they do well from the meals.

Into Habana old town I had my eye on a painting we spotted three weeks earlier the day we arrived, such was the colour and vibrance on this painting I really wanted it so we negotiated with the lady and a combination of CUC $, CUP $ and smiles we agreed with everything we had in our pocket which was about $29 dollars so I am stoked.... can’t believe I bought some art tho, Fiona you will be impressed I am sure, this is it, cost us $50 bucks to send it home

... I must be getting old or sensible so I will have to deal with that separately.

On the way back to the Casa to leave my prize painting in our room we stopped and bought some guayaba (nice fruit) and for a rest.... back out down the waterfront for a look, relax and sit in the sun and watch Habana go by.

This was a local lad who was running then diving off the wall ... dude had balls!!

....not much space between him and a grated belly

There was major watermain reconstruction happening but very slowly, there was a serious cutting machine to cut through the concrete road, I would love to see it going!!!! see Ellen standing there.

She was also surprised how small the main tools were for such a large machine 8-D

Spotted near the art shop was three Harleys, the white one we had seen in another town days prior

This car was still sitting in the same place three weeks earlier .... wonder how long it will sit like that

Evening drew in and tea was served for Ellen with me still opting out of a full meal, I helped Ellen finish off.

Off to bed like a couple of old people ready for our last day in Cuba.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #1078
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Cuba - Day 20 - Habana, Last Day In Cuba

A good nights sleep at the Casa which was nice and quiet we sat down to a breakfast that was very nice indeed.

Our neighbours from Switzerland joined us at the table and we had a great chat to them, turns out we were on the same flight back to Cancun.

Finishing our breaky we walked the other side of old town in search of two famous cocktail bars, Floridita and La Bodeguita Del Medio ... we found both, Hemingway’s idea was NOT for capitalism, the funny thing here in the government own these and the cocktails here are the most expenisve in Cuba and people are lining up to have a Mojitto where Hemingway had one so the non capitalist govt is making a killing while the masses suffer .... go figure.

We only took photos and continued our own tour of interest in the old town taking in the sights and sounds.

A local school class in action

We found this very amusing, an old guy wearing an Alaska T shirt and a national flag on his hat... kind of contradicts itself a bit

From the front he is a very typical Cuban guy

Buying some cheese and ham from a local shop we sat in a local park and ate lunch with a cold can of Coke .... yes American Coka Cola. .... you can't find it in many places in Cuba.

Wondering back along the waterfront towards our Casa we wanted to get some photos of the open top cars and the the bodgie Buicks with ruffians hangin out of them.

See the line up of oldies, this is a very normal lineup

The Buick turned up but looking sensible .... sorry guys.

An assortment of old cars trundled past so we did manage to snap a few.

Gringos ... loking at Gringos

Last one, I could post million of photos of these old honeys

Picking our gear up from the Casa we caught a 56 Chevy Taxi to our final stay in the prebooked hotel, the Taxi is more like a collectivo where they stop and pick up people along the way and drop them off so you don’t have it for yourself, the locals also pay in CUP and we pay CUC so the sam ride cost us 10 x more (Them and the Us’s)

The afternoon was nice and hot so we slacked around at the pool for and hour or so but the pool water was freezing even by Ellen standards or piling in anywhere.

Having 32 CUC left we had lobster kababs for tea then stopped for finish cocktails across the road from our hotel, after all that we had $2.60 left and the icecream tubs were $1.30 each so we splashed out and bought two ..... now were are officially broke in Cuba and as poor as everyone else.

In the small shopping centre there was a pile of metal elephants that were very well done

I think the one on the right is Manny from Ice Age

Ellen chatted with some Chinese guys for a while then we set off home to bed for the final time in Cuba.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:21 AM   #1079
RobBD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 303
Can you post a few of those cars back here please - they are cool
RobBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 AM   #1080
lmcanje
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Mate we are on the same page.

We have had the discussion dozens of time now that next time they have "a good idea" and do a revolution thing again that the people should actually become better off.

Even though they lost it is drummed into them that the "idea" was and is great
Quote:
Ouwh no I can't believe we missed an opportunity for more brainwashing and propaganda

If they could see into future one wonders if they would have changed their approach back then ?

I think we should try to separate the revolution effects from the embargo effects.
lmcanje is offline   Reply With Quote