Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #1351
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
I was going to tease ya bout binning the 9fiddy but I can see you've had enough ribbing
Good on 'ya for sparing the ribbing
NordieBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:04 AM   #1352
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTKNZ View Post
Andi, oh dear.
Please tell me this didn't begin with

"Ellen, hold the handlebars and watch this...."

Heal well and fast mate, glad to hear the important things are safe
(Ellen and Maya) Rest easy, you have time.
The first back flip went well so we thought we would try a double back flip but the Thermos Flask got in the way

Yeah famous last words eh ""hay watch this" ..... visiting hours are ....

No great story with this one mate just a bad luck fall.
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #1353
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
I was going to tease ya bout binning the 9fiddy but I can see you've had enough ribbing
Never enough ribbin or ribs

In fact to prove defiance here is my straight out of bed stunning look with some spare ribs ... these bastids will help

Old 05-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #1354
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
Good on 'ya for sparing the ribbing
Come for tea Nordie , seems like a good excuse to make a international ribs day
Old 05-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #1355
MTKNZ
Touring Kiwi

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
seems like a good excuse to make a international ribs day
Any excuse is a good one for ribs!
BTW, next time you come this way sing out, we have some excellent ones around here....
Old 05-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #1356
ciedema
мотоциклист

Oddometer: 1,913
So Kiwi - watching the sheep instead of the road again?

Have fun recovering and dont roll over in your sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #1357
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,412
Darn that sucks.....because I sometimes come here for menu ideas, I just checked the freezer, not enough ribs for everybody. We ate all the bones....NZ Lamb Chops and Racks included altough there are some NZ Leg Roasts left, will have to wait a couple days.

And I was just coming here to wish you guys some Happy Belated Birthdays !!! now that my internet has stabilized. Ouch....!!!

This maybe to keep you entertained for a few minutes....apparently them Christmas babies don't do too good when idled.

http://youtu.be/il986P_ooEE

I haven't watched it yet, just appeared in my mailbox recently.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #1358
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTKNZ View Post
Any excuse is a good one for ribs!
BTW, next time you come this way sing out, we have some excellent ones around here....
We will be back to the USA to do the Mid and East side next time, still really keen to see Colorado as we missed this.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #1359
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciedema View Post
So Kiwi - watching the sheep instead of the road again?

Have fun recovering and dont roll over in your sleep.
Yeah Barrrrrbara ... couldn't get her outa me boots in time and dropped the bike

All taped up now ... prolly break another rib when all that gets ripped off and give me an impromtu shave

Difficult even breathing now let alone roll over in bed but time will sort it I am sure , looking to put Ellen back on a 200 -250 I think
Old 05-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #1360
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by H96669 View Post
Darn that sucks.....because I sometimes come here for menu ideas, I just checked the freezer, not enough ribs for everybody. We ate all the bones....NZ Lamb Chops and Racks included altough there are some NZ Leg Roasts left, will have to wait a couple days.

And I was just coming here to wish you guys some Happy Belated Birthdays !!! now that my internet has stabilized. Ouch....!!!

This maybe to keep you entertained for a few minutes....apparently them Christmas babies don't do too good when idled.

http://youtu.be/il986P_ooEE

I haven't watched it yet, just appeared in my mailbox recently.
Heya Pierre we need to come back to the Canadian repair centre in BC!!! no alcohol while on my happy pills so need some extras to help.

That vid outstanding, that road starts only 15 mins from home, great vid indeed and nice to see some local territory again
Old 05-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #1361
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Xela week four

There was lots happening in our last week in Xela.

First was my birthday on the 7th May, we went out for tea with Juan and you all saw the pictures.

Second was the “Mother’s day.” Although it is 10th May, people celebrate all week long here. On my birthday morning I went to the gym, they are giving out roses to the mothers, they didn’t give it to me because I’m not a mother, but it was my birthday too. Never mind, I won’t compete with mothers on their day.

My teacher Dayma has two young children at school and they have school performance for the mothers. To attend the celebration, she has to change my morning class to the afternoon. It allowed Andi and I have free time together so we decided to go to Laguna Chicabel for a quick visit.

Laguna Chicabel is a crater lake which is about 20ks from Xela. We locked it into our GPS as close as we could and off we went on a beautiful Thursday Morning. We turned off the main road as the GPS pointed but we couldn’t find the sign as Juan told us to follow.

We stopped and asked three local woman, they pointed a road ahead to us and said it for “carminar” means walk, we asked if we can take our “moto” up, they smiled, laughed and then said “si”. So we went.

It was REALLY soft from the previous nights heavy rains

Andi wouldn’t want the hill any more steeper or longer as we were two up and I had to hop off the bike, not that I don’t trust him, I just don’t feel being on the bike was helping. Lucky we only stuck once near the top of the hill, and it took us both to push Maya out off the ditch.

I tired backing off to stop digging but the Mayan earth mover dug very quickly and within half a second was on her belly

We carried on that road not very long and it took us back to the main road into the park.That was a little adventure detour for this trip.

The first week of May is very significant for the local Mayans. They all went to Laguna Chicabel to have their ceremony before the winter. When we got there, there were people everywhere, they were letting off fire crackers, having BBQs, drinking and putting flowers and crosses in the water. It wasn’t as quiet as we thought, but we were very pleased to see all the ceremonies.

On the way back we tried to find the “Mirador” - the look out, we had to walk around the hill and finally found it. The view from the top was very nice, definitely worth the mucking around. It turned out if we came back from the lake took the steps it would lead us there straight there.

On the way up there was some mountain bikers making the most of it

We could not have had a better day so someone above was on our side

Back at the normally quiet carpark it was like a toyota hilux convention

Then is the real celebration for Mothers day. The church started 3am in the morning, we heard the music, the singing then the fireworks.... BOOM and they went up, then it woke up the dogs, the chickens and everything else that was breathing including us.

I’m sure real mothers would like to get on with their sleep-ins but not in Guatemala. Anyway, the celebration carried on the whole day. We should really get into selling fire works business here, Guatemalans seems to love to blow up shit all the time... and they are BIG bangs .

It’s also our last day in Xela, we had our last tea in Utatlan. They bought a cake for me and another student who has his birthday on Saturday, so I have a birthday cake in Xela. That was very nice. Thank you Utatlan, you make our time in Xela very memorable, we had six students in our home that day, time to leave.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #1362
Saralou
Worldwide Rider

Oddometer: 667
Ouch!

Hey Andy sorry to hear about the ribs. I feel your pain I broke a few ribs on my dirt bike a few years back. Even breathing hurts. Your a Kiwi and they are tough stuff!

cheers

Sara

ADV RR Finding Freedom...World Wide Ride

Join the Adventure
Saralou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #1363
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralou View Post
Hey Andy sorry to hear about the ribs. I feel your pain I broke a few ribs on my dirt bike a few years back. Even breathing hurts. Your a Kiwi and they are tough stuff!

cheers

Sara
Heya Sara, thanks for your kind words, yeap coulda done without the ribs thing.

Having broken yours yeah you will know about it, everything hurts ... trying not to larf

We have rebooked now on the August sailing for the Stahlratte so will take a good recovery here then see more of El Salvador, Nicaragua etc.

No way we will make it to Ushuaia now for Christmas .... maybe next Christmas, bonus is Dakar is back on the list

Have fun doing that 4 letter word

Luv to you both

Andi & Ellen
Old 05-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #1364
TwoUpTourer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Thanks John,
Oz..... do you have electricity and roads and things
Nope, not yet, but we are seeking advice from the government of NZud on how to do everything right when we take the plunge........... http://d26ya5yqg8yyvs.cloudfront.net/icon10.gif
TwoUpTourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #1365
H96669
A proud pragmatist.

Oddometer: 4,412
Well if you want to fly up to Canada for some R&R...I'll set up the double hamac on the back porch. I could pick you guys up in Vancouver next week. And then you can have the place and Tintop, time to hit the road for me.

Lots of Rum altough you are right,no doing that with them pills and on top it is Lamb's Navy at 78%.

I think I have pills left....effing pulled them rib muscles with the crutches a couple years back and that got inflamed, really tought I was dying hurt so much and couldn't breathe. Could barely drag myself to the emergency but sure got a big shot fast once the doctor showed up.That took a while her showing up but she sure did not ask many questions....

Glad you enjoyed the vid....but I was told 15 minutes from home???? Are you the fastest one???

I should go watch it at Starbucks Monday night.....that's fine by me I am not riding my BMW that has never been to Starbucks to my knowledge.