ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #76
trailNtent
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Where are those photos taken?

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
trailNtent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #77
AtomicXRer
Chile Eater

Oddometer: 3,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC View Post
LoriKTM, you should be ashamed posting pics of Kansas and then trying to pass them off as New Mexico.
Yeah no stinkin Kansas pics please.

No, wait I think those pics are of Alamogordo.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #78
Slideways#96
scooter trash

Oddometer: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckanut View Post
Yikes, this thread has gone in some odd directions. I think I'll post this one last reply then sign off, it's getting weird in here.

Once I got to Montana and headed west to home, I realized how much I like the green and I need that to part of my life. Not too much green in NM, at least not like up here in the north, so gotta do some serious cogitating about that. It's sunny and warm in the NW today but tomorrow is supposed to be cold and rainy, maybe that will change my mind!

I rode through all lot of beautiful places that last 4 weeks and have some new options. In the meantime, I hope to get some feeling back in my hands and see if I can remember where I work.

Thanks for all the opinions.

Tom
Tom,

Just need to read between the lines and take some of the threads for what they're worth. I was born and raised in northern NM. I've lived all over the USA and France. For some reason I always find myself back in NM. One must have a certain sense of maturity and an appreciation for the tri-cultural experience in NM. Much beauty but we do have our issues. Not sure of any place in the world that doesn't have issues of it's own. That being said, I wish you the best, where ever you choose to hang your hat.

Happy trails, amigo!
Slideways#96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #79
Coastie3202
King of the Mountain

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideways#96 View Post
Tom,

Just need to read between the lines and take some of the threads for what they're worth. I was born and raised in northern NM. I've lived all over the USA and France. For some reason I always find myself back in NM. One must have a certain sense of maturity and an appreciation for the tri-cultural experience in NM. Much beauty but we do have our issues. Not sure of any place in the world that doesn't have issues of it's own. That being said, I wish you the best, where ever you choose to hang your hat.

Happy trails, amigo!
Ah, so my view and opinion of New Mexico is based on my immaturity. Gee, I never knew. So if I just grow up the problems that bug me in this state will miraculously disappear. I'll try that, cheaper than relocating I guess.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #80
Coastie3202
King of the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicXRer View Post
Yeah no stinkin Kansas pics please.

No, wait I think those pics are of Alamogordo.
I can assure you that they are not Alamogordo. The southern half of this state is all dirt, rocks and dried out woods. I think you can find some spots way up north, close to or on the Colorado border and way out in the mountains. I know I saw spots like that north of Chama, but it had just finished raining and was in the early spring.

And yes, I understood that you were trying to be funny.
Old 06-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #81
Slideways#96
scooter trash

Aren't you gone yet? What do you need, a couple of bucks to relocate? Pm, me I'll always willing help a brutha out....
Old 06-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #82
Slideways#96
scooter trash

Quote:
Aren't you gone yet? What do you need, a couple of bucks to relocate? Pm, me I'll always willing help a brutha out....
Btw when on your travels North, you're more than welcome to stay with us overnight; mi cesspool es tu cesspool, amigo....
Old 06-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #83
Coastie3202
King of the Mountain

Quote:
Btw when on your travels North, you're more than welcome to stay with us overnight; mi cesspool es tu cesspool, amigo....
Hey Slideways...I already apologized for the cesspool comment so you can quit beating that horse. Check the thread that talks about the recent motorcyclist killed on I-40. I was out of line, I admitted to it (maturity exercised), and apologized for it. So.......

Nope, not gone yet. I figure I have put in 18 years working for the NM government, and will give it two more years then take my retirement from the state and leave. My opinions on the corruption in Santa Fe are actually based on experience, not on the news media or personal opinion.

See the State of NM has asked me to stay a couple more years, and they will pay me to stay. Otherwise I would be gone.

Thanks for the offer of help though. You go ahead and keep the money for home security system.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #84
burque magoo
master of disaster....

Oddometer: 4,880
quote: Ah, so my view and opinion of New Mexico is based on my immaturity. Gee, I never knew. So if I just grow up the problems that bug me in this state will miraculously disappear. I'll try that, cheaper than relocating I guess. \

Maybe not in your case......(just sayin' )

quote: Nope, not gone yet. I figure I have put in 18 years working for the NM government, and will give it two more years then take my retirement from the state and leave. My opinions on the corruption in Santa Fe are actually based on experience, not on the news media or personal opinion.

See the State of NM has asked me to stay a couple more years, and they will pay me to stay. Otherwise I would be gone.

that explains a lot.......thanks,Susana..!....

burque magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #85
DirtDad
Green Chile Guru

Oddometer: 1,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriKTM View Post
No, not quite like the northwest or the northeast for that matter, but there is plenty of green in NM. Just gotta know where to look.

Enjoy whatever you decide to do.

Very nice photo's LoriKTM.

That photo near the stream may just be my favorite stream to fly fish. And it is only about 4 miles from my
property in Amalia.
DirtDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:29 PM   #86
Coastie3202
King of the Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by burque magoo View Post
quote: Ah, so my view and opinion of New Mexico is based on my immaturity. Gee, I never knew. So if I just grow up the problems that bug me in this state will miraculously disappear. I'll try that, cheaper than relocating I guess. \

Maybe not in your case......(just sayin' )

quote: Nope, not gone yet. I figure I have put in 18 years working for the NM government, and will give it two more years then take my retirement from the state and leave. My opinions on the corruption in Santa Fe are actually based on experience, not on the news media or personal opinion.

that explains a lot.......thanks,Susana..!....

I love the fact that I get under your skin. Just say'n. And simple math would tell you that Susana had nothing to do with it.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:41 PM   #87
Slideways#96
scooter trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastie3202 View Post
Hey Slideways...I already apologized for the cesspool comment so you can quit beating that horse. Check the thread that talks about the recent motorcyclist killed on I-40. I was out of line, I admitted to it (maturity exercised), and apologized for it. So.......

Nope, not gone yet. I figure I have put in 18 years working for the NM government, and will give it two more years then take my retirement from the state and leave. My opinions on the corruption in Santa Fe are actually based on experience, not on the news media or personal opinion.
And

Thanks for the offer of help though. You go ahead and keep the money for home security system.
Got the home security already and a woman who shoots better than me. State gov't employment explains a lot. Don't get me started,.....

Hey, wishing you the best, seriously. You're not happy here. Find your peace, life is too short.

I am done with this thread. Time to ride the Jemez tomorrow....
Old 06-15-2012, 06:44 PM   #88
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,319
A state worker stuck in Alamogordo that is bitter.

I would have never seen that coming!
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #89
Coastie3202
King of the Mountain

Quote:
Got the home security already and a woman who shoots better than me. State gov't employment explains a lot. Don't get me started,.....

Hey, wishing you the best, seriously. You're not happy here. Find your peace, life is too short.

I am done with this thread. Time to ride the Jemez tomorrow....
I too will be done with this thread after I give you a little bit of an explanation regarding my dissatisfaction with the state and many, but not all of the people in it and the state government and their failures.

Without saying too much I want you to know that I work for a state agency that exposes me to the mental and physical abuse of our states children, everyday. I see first hand how little value children have to some folks and I see what it has done to those children, many of whom have no future. I see how the state government turns a blind eye to the things that go on, and I see how interventions that could be put into place are not as the government is afraid of losing either votes, money, or whatever it is that they are afraid of.

Has that tainted my opinion of this State? Yes it has. And it would taint yours and anyone else on here that thinks I am just irrational, immature, etc. etc. I'm talking about things that most of the population of the state will never be aware of as it is kept in the closet while we pursue other more important things.....like a Space Port.

And with that I am done. I offer this with the utmost sincerity, I hope to see you all on the trail. Not adios.....but catch you later.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:56 PM   #90
Slideways#96
scooter trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
A state worker stuck in Alamogordo that is bitter.

I would have never seen that coming!
No kidding, I'd, rack with that assignment.....