ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 AM   #961
motocopter
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
This post is an increditable HDR demonstration for the point-and-shoot camera. Also, to reinforce the difference results between a couple of software progams.

Thanks Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave6253 View Post

Are you thinking you don't have the right camera for HDRs?
Well, I'm about to destroy that notion.

2012 Concours 1400 | 2008 Z1000 | 1999 WR-400F
motocopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #962
CharlieFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
Dave,

Great photos! What seat do you have on your 990?
CharlieFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #963
Merfman
Trustin' my cape...

Oddometer: 724
Happy birthday HDR thread! Thanks for giving birth Dave, love the shot of the mural, well done!

Merfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #964
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,840
Quote:
Trane Francks, Maybe it is just me, but I've tried 3 browsers on 2 different devices and the links also do not work.
No problems at this end. All the pictures, all the time.
Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #965
Trane Francks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Trane Francks, Maybe it is just me, but I've tried 3 browsers on 2 different devices and the links also do not work.
If you want to PM me your IP address, I'll be happy to check to see whether for some reason it's in the firewall's deny list for that server. You can do some forensics on your end, too. Trying pinging and/or tracerouting the box:

ping living-intentionally.com

On UNIX (including OS X from Terminal):
traceroute living-intentionally.com

On Windows:
tracert living-intentionally.com

ping should hit paydirt at 204.11.49.36. traceroute should run out of steam at te-1-1.dist01.tor1.prioritycolo.com (204.11.48.133). If traceroute doesn't wind up at that PriorityColo router, then your traffic is hanging up before it hits our network and there's nothing I can do about it.

Good hunting!

Edited to add: If ping returns an unknown host error for living-intentionally.com, you might want to talk to your ISP about a likely DNS problem with their setup. There's no reason why the name look-up shouldn't resolve to the IP address.

Trane Francks screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 02:32 PM Reason: Added DNS info.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #966
dave6253 OP
Dauntless

Oddometer: 2,934
Trane Franks, I can access your site, but the photos will not display and the links to the photos do not work. I've tried two of my own computers and my employer's computer. Oh well. The tech stuff you just posted is above my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieFox View Post
What seat do you have on your 990?
The standard Seat Concepts with the orange stitching option. I'm not yet sure how I like it.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #967
bdolnik
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane Francks View Post
Are others having issues with that? I just checked with different browsers and on different computers in different cities (the joy of remote server admin) and was not able to reproduce the problem. In the meantime, you might get different results pasting the links directly into your browser:

http://www.living-intentionally.com/...0327-1024p.JPG
http://www.living-intentionally.com/...0336-1024p.JPG

Cheers!
Not working for me either at the moment, get the Living Intentionally website, but it's saying the image is 404 I think.

I think it has something to do with the link in the original post, if I click on that I get the 404, if I copy and paste one of the links from the Quote above it works.
bdolnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #968
nachtflug
infidel

Oddometer: 45,289
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #969
live2ridetahoe
RN

Oddometer: 1,190
I guess I'm going to reply after the guy with over 42,000 posts. Holy crap!!

Happy birthday to this thread. There have been so many great posts. Dave, thank you for simplifying, and explaining, the HDR process again. Lots of great beta here in this thread. I am thankful for that.

Right now I am looking for a camera that will auto bracket shots. I do not want to have to change exposures b/w shots. I am looking at the Sony NEX 7. I have read that, with the new firmware update, it will do auto exposures to 3.0 EV. I think this is the one for me.

Can anyone recommend one lens for me for this camera? I am looking for the one lens I can throw in my tank bag and shoot landscape and the night sky with. Any info would be great.

Thanks all, and cheers.

JG
live2ridetahoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #970
Alcan Rider
Frozen Fossil

Oddometer: 3,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ridetahoe View Post
Happy birthday to this thread. There have been so many great posts. Dave, thank you for simplifying, and explaining, the HDR process again. Lots of great beta here in this thread. I am thankful for that.
Yes! Dave certainly deserves a round of applause for starting this one. Not only have a number of members contributed some really great shots, but it appears to have introduced a lot of photographers to the HDR process.

Quote:
Right now I am looking for a camera that will auto bracket shots. I do not want to have to change exposures b/w shots. I am looking at the Sony NEX 7. I have read that, with the new firmware update, it will do auto exposures to 3.0 EV. I think this is the one for me.
I'm not Dave, and he will undoubtedly chime in with a more authoritative reply, but after a few years of using a camera that is limited to 1.5 stops each way for automatic bracketing I bought one that will do 2 full stops. And now I find myself dialing it back to 1.5 stops for most shots. Maybe it's the way I have adjusted my collection of presets to work with 1.5 stops, but I cannot really see where 2 stops in each direction are needed except in extreme cases. For those, I use a tripod and shoot 5 exposures anyway.

Quote:
Can anyone recommend one lens for me for this camera? I am looking for the one lens I can throw in my tank bag and shoot landscape and the night sky with. Any info would be great.
I had a great all-around lens on my Canon SLR. An f1.2, 55mm that worked for just about everything. Try getting one like that on a modern DSLR for under $3K!
Haul Road Primer
Alcan Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #971
Woodenveins
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaBug View Post
Good looking picture, wish I was there.
Woodenveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #972
Woodenveins
Adventure Rider

Quote:
I shot a few more recently.
Cool capture, you take some really good shots.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #973
Woodenveins
Adventure Rider

[/QUOTE]

Nice picture!!!
Old 05-10-2013, 10:48 PM   #974
dave6253 OP
Dauntless

Oddometer: 2,934
Quote:

l2rt, I don't know much about this camera or its lenses, so I wouldn't be able to recommend much. For landscape and night sky a wider lens will suit you best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan Rider View Post
I'm not Dave, and he will undoubtedly chime in with a more authoritative reply, but after a few years of using a camera that is limited to 1.5 stops each way for automatic bracketing I bought one that will do 2 full stops. And now I find myself dialing it back to 1.5 stops for most shots. Maybe it's the way I have adjusted my collection of presets to work with 1.5 stops, but I cannot really see where 2 stops in each direction are needed except in extreme cases. For those, I use a tripod and shoot 5 exposures anyway.
2 E/V apart for 3 exposures is enough to shoot most scenes and you will find you won't need that much for some scenes, but when you start pointing towards the sun, 5 exposures at 2 E/V apart is almost not enough. Trey Ratcliff staes in his tutorial that 3 exposures at 2 E/V apart will be enough about 90% of the time. I think it all depends on what you are shooting. I imagine Alcan Rider doesn't see the sun as much as I do.

I personally like to shoot AT the setting sun. (Sorry no motorcycle here. It was a few feet away.)
Old 05-11-2013, 03:02 AM   #975
Trane Francks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolnik View Post
Not working for me either at the moment, get the Living Intentionally website, but it's saying the image is 404 I think.

I think it has something to do with the link in the original post, if I click on that I get the 404, if I copy and paste one of the links from the Quote above it works.
Thanks. I just made an adjustment to the hotlink protection on the site that, hopefully, will clear up your issue. If not, well, I'll have to find another solution.

Sorry for the hassles, guys!
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote