ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer: 1,042
Lake Siskiyou, CA ride

State of Jefferson Rally-Aug. 24th,25th,26th. Updates, pics, and other stuff will be here.....http://reynoldsresorts.com/LakeSiskiyou.html
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=4238+...nia+96067&z=14 6/9/12 update. Went to Mt. Shasta today to check out the CG and talk to the personnel (just so they know what we do..) and talked about options for space and privacy. I looked at all of them, many were way too small for their limit of 16 per site. 117 and 119 are both large and adjoin plus are pretty private, bathrooms and showers are just a short walk away. Group CGs are a minimum of 20 per but G5 looks nice. THe thing is we pay per person (at both group and individual, vehicles, etc. I asked about motorcycles and they cost the same as a pet.. 2bucks. lol) The overall costs is really not that much but the way they break it down is funny..Without any input from the "in" list or others I will book 119 tomorrow, which is way comfortable with what we have now and could easily accomodate the max of 16 for an individual site. If we have a huge interest I would book G5 as soon as possible. With those who have kids, wives, and family who don't ride this is an awesome place to be,,, Here are some pics, map (badly wrinkled by my throttle hand), and brochure...Here is a link to a photobucket album...http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/...ferson%202012/ Here si a link to the Chappie/Shasta OHV park http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/reddi...onohvmain.html

Lets make an in/out page. Knowing who is riding and who is trucking in will help us manage parking if we get a big inaugural turnout....

IN______________

SkiBumBrian/Trucking
Alleycatdad/Riding/confirmed
Hop-Sing/Riding/confirmed
RocknTroll/Riding/confirmed
cme4lyt/Trucking/confirmed
Hondahoser/trucking/confirmed
Cmil5/riding/confirmed
redog1/Satellite/confirmed
PCC XR650L/Dayride/confirmed

SkiBumBrian screwed with this post 08-21-2012 at 06:58 AM
SkiBumBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

Update. Got up this morning to do some research and load the bike to head to Mt. Shasta and the weatherman told me there is a red flag warning for eastern Siskiyou county and Lassen county.... Just where I was heading! I might call the Ranger Station for some preliminary information but am now thinking maybe a more "central" location for camping and access to mega trails might be Whiskeytown Lake. From there day rides can include the old stagecoach route from French Gulch to Lewiston, the Chappie/Shasta OHV park, Fenders Ferry, and Wildwood.
Some pics to come........
Old 05-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

And here is a vid from 299W, coming down to Whiskeytown lake. One of the twisty asphalt ribbons around here....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7xm17meq4A . Looks like group camping at Whiskeytown is booked the whole month of July but there is a lot of other camping. Right now I dont expect a HUGE turnout anyway....
Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,788
Red Flag warning?

Thundersorms? I was just up there last week, Sunday and Monday, Had some great riding but still can't get over Military Pass rd. or Road 19. Trying to cross over from Hwy 97 to Hwy 89 without going around the mountain. Wanted to ride up to Grizzly Peak but was not meant to be. Probably by the end of the month the drifts will be gone. We got close, but no cigar.
Brien
Old 05-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #6
Adventure Trio
GS'r

Oddometer: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by redog1 View Post
Thundersorms? I was just up there last week, Sunday and Monday, Had some great riding but still can't get over Military Pass rd. or Road 19. Trying to cross over from Hwy 97 to Hwy 89 without going around the mountain. Wanted to ride up to Grizzly Peak but was not meant to be. Probably by the end of the month the drifts will be gone. We got close, but no cigar.
Brien

Thanks for the heads up. Grizzley Peak is my favorite place to be. We'll be in the area again over Memorial weekend as we have a small place there. Hit me up if you are in the area.

-Terry
Adventure Trio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
redog1
KLR650-2009

It'll be awhile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure Trio View Post
Thanks for the heads up. Grizzley Peak is my favorite place to be. We'll be in the area again over Memorial weekend as we have a small place there. Hit me up if you are in the area.

-Terry
I only get up there a couple times a year. Probably will be this fall sometime. Gas prices are killing my disposable income.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

Reddog & Adventure trio, Let me know too if you come this way, I have Sun. thru Tues. off and am always up for an adventure... Think about the idea of putting together a NorCal rally, which is what this thread was/is all about. I can always use help in planning routes. I know how to get around in Shasta, Tehama, Trinity, and Lassen fairly well but could use some insight from those who ride Siskiyou alot....
Old 05-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #9
nwemerys
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
Great idea

Count me in Brian, this sounds like fun.
nwemerys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #10
redog1
KLR650-2009

SkiBumBrian...

From the sounds of some of your posts, it'd be a pleaseure to ride with you. Actually, I'd ride with anybody....at least once
Old 05-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #11
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

OK Dave, sounds great! Reddog it would be a pleasure to add you to the list.... I dont expect a big turnout this year but we can use it as a scouting expedition... I think a good name for it would be "Jefferson State Rally" though... Lets see over the next couple/few weeks how many of us and others can come. If it is just a few of us so be it!! I think we could put together some awesome rides up here.

B
Old 05-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #12
shasta650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Grizzly pk

I've been keeping the Norcal dualsport ( Troy and co.)route from hwy89,Bartle to Grizzly Pk to McCloud res. open. Awesome ride ,those guys did an amazing job! Try to do it a couple times a year, Still looks snowed in for awhile Thanks Troy R.I.P.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #13
redog1
KLR650-2009

Jefferson State Rally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiBumBrian View Post
OK Dave, sounds great! Reddog it would be a pleasure to add you to the list.... I dont expect a big turnout this year but we can use it as a scouting expedition... I think a good name for it would be "Jefferson State Rally" though... Lets see over the next couple/few weeks how many of us and others can come. If it is just a few of us so be it!! I think we could put together some awesome rides up here.

B
Awesome title. I still waiting for that to happen . Always thought it was a good idea since I've learned of it.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #14
RocknTroll
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 753
Sounds pretty good I'll be up in Bella Vista this weekend for some kickin back, and nothing really planned for July.

I'll keep an eye on this.

"Stay smart. Don't put your stupid hat on at this point in time... " Gov. Pat McCrory
RocknTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #15
Adventure Trio
GS'r

Oddometer: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiBumBrian View Post

B

Grizzly Peak road from 89 to the lookout is not gated in 2 spots. One gate is about 1.5 miles from the lookout and the other is just below the gate to the lookout itself. I inquired at the ranger office in McCloud and was told that "I don't belong up there".

You can still get to Grizzly Peak from NF11 to Grizzly Peak road up the back side.

There seems to be a lot of gates going up in the area. Does anyone know what is going on?

-Terry
Adventure Trio is offline   Reply With Quote