ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #91
DowDuer
!rn00b-aK

Oddometer: 214
Wink

Hmm,

Do we need a T-shirt or stickers for this as yet still imaginary rally?

Perhaps something like the seal with a knobby tire around the edge?

DowDuer screwed with this post 06-08-2012 at 12:16 PM Reason: To add the double cross pic
DowDuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #92
Hobbes950
Darth Kitten

Oddometer: 3,696
I had never heard of the State of Jefferson before. Was checking it out online and found that we in Nevada County are close, but not included. Bummer! After all, we do have Rough and Ready!

My Ride Reports
Hobbes950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:22 PM   #93
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer: 1,048
It's gonna be AWESOME !!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #94
nwemerys
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
in

Hi Brian, missed you at Tahoe a few weeks ago; great fun.

Count me in,w/ a truck.
nwemerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #95
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowDuer View Post
Hmm,

Do we need a T-shirt or stickers for this as yet still imaginary rally?

Perhaps something like the seal with a knobby tire around the edge?
Joe, right on! I like the green logo and if you don't mind I would like to use it.... Does that mean you are coming? You are not on the "in" list yet... I have a feeling this may grow to a bigger rally than I had expected, but that is GOOD! I will PM you for the Monday recon... Thanks dude, I feel it might be a T-shirt for contributors...
The more time goes on I do feel this will be a badass rally...
Old 06-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #96
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

BTW. It is not imaginary. I thought we might scrape up a half to a dozen guys that were interested... I think by the time the flag flies we will have a worthy compliment. Much info and many changes will be in order for a large group but we CAN make this a first class rally. All input is welcome and expected..

SkiBumBrian screwed with this post 06-10-2012 at 02:41 AM
SkiBumBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #97
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwemerys View Post
Hi Brian, missed you at Tahoe a few weeks ago; great fun.

Count me in,w/ a truck.
Sorry. I do feel bad about not showing up in Truckee.. Sometimes work has to take priority. I am entering you on the in list... I vividly remember our group water crossing, I hope Nancy is not too pissed about Truckee not to show up.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #98
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

Originally I thought I would be lucky if a half dozen or so guys would show up. I now feel we have the makings for a great turnout and an awesome rally.
I am slightly overwhelmed by the response so far. My original idea was to procure the site a couple of nites dinners and make it like the old days of "you get it next time". I would rather not make this fee based especially since we have no real understanding at this point.
I would like to throw my hat in the ring and say I am and was/am prepared to pay for the first group campsite(16) with burgers/hotdogs on nite one, a big blowout nite 2 with oysters/tri tip on nite 2 with drinkables. Sun nite would be for the die hards who are staying and want to head to town and let the chips fall where they may...
Other charges I would expect to be picked up by the individual. If we get (and would like) donations they WILL be forwarded to the kitty for next years rally to become bigger and badder...

JUST THINKING ALOUD

SkiBumBrian screwed with this post 06-10-2012 at 02:36 AM
SkiBumBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #99
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

DowDuer and I are heading up on Mon. to check it out.... Same Bat time, same Bat channel..............
Old 06-11-2012, 05:36 PM   #100
DowDuer
!rn00b-aK

Oddometer: 214
I am not sure if I am in or out just yet. Last year I worked the prune and walnut harvests and that is a 7 day a week job. The prune season starts in late August or early September so my availability is undetermined. If I can I will join you though, should be a fun weekend
DowDuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #101
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

An update is on the first post. My input on each pic did not show up(technical idiocy), I will try to link to photobucket for my comments. Later. I am putered out..
Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #102
cme4lyt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
In, in and IN !!

Brian,

Put me IN pls... If this is anything like the Mendo 2012 deal a while back, it should be a ton of fun !!!!

So, trucking in, camping (sleeping in the back of my Cruiser), eating, riding, drinking....what else you need to know ?

Rgds...Jonathan
cme4lyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #103
Hop-Sing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
? mark

Hey Brain, No need for a ? Mark by my name! I will be riding in.
Just got back myself from four days up that way. I was on foot between Dunsmuir and Weed.
Hiked through some great single track riding just North of the Black Butte. But It would probably not be right for a big group of law abiding motorbike riders. I believe it is land that belongs to a timber company. It is right at the base of Mt. Shasta. anyway, good job at organizing things. don't bankrupt yourself. This would defiantly work for a family vacation. There is something for everyone. Kids love this place and can ride bikes on real good trails. I could go on and on about it but it looks like everyone is already sold on it. Great.
From this campground there is some great riding. getting the smaller and more dirt orientated bikes single track riding that is 100% legal and in Loop fashion will take some planning. However In the past couple of weeks I have run into some DS riders up there that say they ride single track all over the place.
One thing is No one wants to blow up their riding area, so we need to be considerate. Remember this is Jefferson State.
Hop-Sing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #104
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

So true. Being considerate and responsible is on the top of the list. We would like to be welcome back and be respectful as riders and campers... I don't see any possibility of stickered rides here, only plates. Been checking out the FS map quite a bit but will need help from you and other unnamed locals for input on some more challenging rides. I called Blau Oyster in my old stomping grounds and they no longer sell them by the pound so getting some shipped in is not cost effective, still considering it though, 7.75 a doz. for ex. smalls... By end of day I am either reserving a individual site (up to 16) or the group camp.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #105
SkiBumBrian OP
DualSport Crazy !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cme4lyt View Post
Brian,

Put me IN pls... If this is anything like the Mendo 2012 deal a while back, it should be a ton of fun !!!!

So, trucking in, camping (sleeping in the back of my Cruiser), eating, riding, drinking....what else you need to know ?

Rgds...Jonathan
Just a heads up, parking for cages is going to be limited, most will have to park in overflow and in the lot by the marina. This is a bit different surroundings than Mendo and it will be the first one here so we will learn alot this time through....