Old 07-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #242
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,618
I'm alive.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsman View Post
Where is Jettin Jim at?
Sorry EVERYONE!!! I know it's been MONTHS! And readers get bored/lost/tired when we/I drop the ball on a report.

It's been a CRAZY transformational period of time sooo I need to get this thing caught up so I can bring current thoughts into the story.

I guess I'll try to just be in the moment back last July when "Parepin" and I rolled into Silverton for the RMAR Rally. And let it flow from there....

On a Very very sad note!!! I have to report a loss in the family and dedicate the RR up to this point to:

MICK Our best friend....2-13-2010 to 6-16-2013

These are just from the Hells Canyon Family Gathering last year... I have hundreds of my little buddy from the 3yrs we spent together, mostly while he was Hunting (his TRUE PASSION).

As most of you know I try to put a positive spin/view on life and keep things light on the RR... all the while fighting the same Demons that you all battle. Well when I was at Waynes the bad energy/joojoo from his girl Sena would always spin me out... Dark energy CAN NOT exist in the Light! Sooo her energy would clash with mine... I would drive her away most of the time with my light and sometimes she would drive me away, sometimes it would invoke my dark side and I would explode, but try to keep it to myself (afterall it was Waynes girl and Life) I'd calmly mention something to him at quite times....

Well long story short... Her drinking had got to an EXTREME level and when Wayne finally had had enough, he confronted her and her demons. A day later... in an angry and drunken state she shut Mick up in the pickup, he died from the heat/asphyxiation:(

It's been 3 weeks now and Wayne is still healing. I sent him about 170 pics of Mick with more to come, and he has since booted Sena out, 15yrs and it's all over. He had given her a chance at redemption... QUIT DRINKING!!! But she flatly refused...

Sooo this ones for MICK!!!

I'll be back in a bit to get to the rest of the Story....

Peace to you all,
Jim

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 07-13-2013 at 10:51 AM
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #243
Motomedic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,361
Dooood. That's just fucked up. Pass on condolences to Wayne.

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. -Anthony Bourdain
Motomedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #244
woodsatyr
Kitty Boy

Oddometer: 438
Oh no!!! That's awful!! I don't understand how someone could be so hateful to a defenseless animal. I just don't understand it.

RIP Mick.

Sorry for your and Wayne's loss.
woodsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #245
Parepin
The Filthy Nomad

Oddometer: 1,071
What a bitch...
Parepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #246
woodly1069
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
Thinking good thoughts for you and Mick man!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #247
puckinet
Safety third

Oddometer: 345
I know there is a special place for people like at least I hope sorry man.

08 KTM 450 EXCR
2010 BMW F800GS
Rick
puckinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #248
sandsman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 421
That's just messed up JJ. You can tell that Mick had a sweet calm spirit. I have no words that can help you on this................just a great loss.
sandsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:40 AM   #249
motogrizzo
Adventurererer

Oddometer: 15
Reading about Mick is so sad, what a great dog. I'm enraged to read about what was done to him.

What was done to Mick is a crime in certain states.

Very sorry for your loss.
motogrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:51 AM   #250
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Cry Thank you all..................

Feike, Cynthia, Alex, Tim, Puckinet, Sandsman and motogrizzo... Thank you very much for your thoughts.
Yes it's amazing what suffering a person will choose to go through in this short experience we call life, and Sena is choosing alot of it.
Wayne had convinced himself for over a week that it was a pure accident, drunken stupidness.... he was sandblasting and Sena went to shut all the windows in the truck, when she opened the driver door Mick had jumped in thinking he was going for a ride:), she went to the house for the keys (electric windows) and came back out. He now remembers hearing her saying "get out of the truck, geeet out of the truck" and stopped working to listen.... he expected to have to go out and get him out himself, or maybe hear him yelp as she may grab him by the collar (drinking since early a.m.) to drag him out.

When he heard the door shut he figured Mick had jumped out..... and went back to sandblasting.
So convinced of that, it was the last place he looked for the little guy after he got done working

Had she just said to herself, ok stay in there then and shut the door..... walked away sat down and went back to drinking?
Of course we'll never really know what was running through her mind at that moment, only that Mick has in some way given his life so Wayne would finally see the person he was living with. And now has been himself been set free of her:/

Crazy turn of events....

This winter we'll go out into the fields with two new Brittany pups overlooking the Plains and one of the mighty rivers, perhaps the Clearwater.

We'll squat down and take Mick's ashes from the container....

and we'll return him to the Four Winds..... where he can once again run and play freely, soaring up down, and over the hills as his little heart desires.

Godspeed little brother godspeed... I owe you VERY MUCH of the awareness I have learned in my own short life!
A last few pics of him as he loved to be.... I had went back out to Idaho and Waynes this past January (the last I posted on the Ride Report) to do some hunting with my little buddy. I had an urge to go West and be with Mick! Maybe the universe had gently whispered to me?

Ready for more after the first hunt of the afternoon...

Those loving eyes of his speaking directly from the soul after a great day in the fields....

Wayne and Mick pondering life, or just embracing the moment... I'd say the latter.

Aaaah this life is sooo much fun....

Ready to go some more brother Jim?....

OK if I gotta sit over here by myself, I'm gonna see all I can...

(From HAT Tour 2011)
Aaah sunshine in my face.... and my two best friends, Wayne and Jim in the Baja bug... Life IS Goooood!!!

Resting after his/our last hunt....

THANK YOU!!!

And the last two pictures of Mick as I was driving away in Febuary.... As if the Universe has whispered to him too, yet he better than I understood its breath, he seemed to know we would never see each other again...

He sooo didn't want me to leave... and I sooo didn't want to leave him!!!
Well little one we shall see each other again... just in different forms. Perhaps I'll still be in this body and you'll be in another... a new puppy? A bird? a flower? I'll have to keep my eyes and soul open to spot you...

I LOVE and MISS YOU goodbye for now.

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 07-13-2013 at 08:35 PM
Old 07-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #251
Minus1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Thanks for the update JJ although a bit of a sad one. The second pic and the last one say sooo many words. Hopefully you and Wayne can find some peace in the memories and pics you have. RIP Mick

(I hope she receives every ounce of hell she deserves. That woman has no soul.)
Minus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #252
Feyala
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Awww, my eyes are a little moist.

It's infuriating how preventable his death was. Her negative energy will probably attract more of the same, so it's a self-correcting problem in the long run, but poor Mick got caught up in her wake. So sad.

RIP Mick, and good luck to both you and Wayne with your healing.
Feyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #253
armadilloathens
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Cry

R.i.p
armadilloathens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #254
rokklym
one man wolfpack

Oddometer: 4,416
Damn dude, that is terrible. Mick was a good dog, no doubt about that! Breaks my heart.

Passed through Worthington Minnesota where Collarbone and I met you at the Super Ocho. Had to take a look and see if the KLR was parked there! Sorry about the loss of your buddy, hope things are going well for ya.
Chad Berger DR650, KTM 990 Adventure R
Lone Wolf Expeditions
rokklym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #255
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Thanx again for all your thoughts guys... and Fayela...

Thanx much you all!!! Passed on the replies to Wayne last night... had us both crying again. Good tears tho yaknow.
Nope Desiree' is still here in PA for a while longer...

Will start off as I left Moab... pretty uneventful morning. Met up With Arrowhead Fred to say goodbye and to talk a little more about the new Mikuni carb kit he was working on for the KLR. ( if any of you have KLR's and want an instanty on slide carb, no vacuum neccesary, then here is an alternative: http://www.angelfire.com/ut/moab/ )Then with memories of the great time at the Peace Tree last night with Elizabeth and Nick, I point her East.

The Earth seems to make herself easy to feel comfy in around these parts...

Looking back over the La Sal's...

Every color I can think of in this Valley before Naturita...

I see traces of the rains that have put out the Fires in the San Juan's (that would almost cancel out the Rally) Turns out these would be visiting us every afternoon like clockwork for the next week!

I go past the campground just before Ouray... and wonder at the conditions in which people feel comfortable... how these people can be out "Camping" when their parked right on top of one another??? To each his or her own has never rang more true.

The slanted streets of Ouray:) just before some FUN twisties between here and Silverton WOOOHOOO!!!!

Climbing the up the Million Dollar Hwy outside town...

As I had last said I was getting a bit uncomfortable hitting all the Rally's (even tho I had meant to do it) I LOVE meeting fellow riders who I have met here in the Ether of the Internet.... but was just learning that I wanted more time to chill and sloooowly move along. Well live and learn I spose.
Somewhere between Moab and the Rally I got some signal and a txt from Alex (which I have saved in my phone until getting used now in the RR) saying "This place is a fuckin zoo and the campground is a swamp!" guess I'll delete it now:)
Thaaat may have helped to sour my outlook on yet another rushed rally LOL!

I got into Silverton late, just before dark I'd say. I parked Des' and walked over to the central area where dozens if not a hundred people seemed to be partying and listening to plans for the next days ride. In my mind they sounded more like people receiving orders... (funny how our mindset / perceptions can paint a picture, mine a bit cranky at the moment) and after not findind Al milling around anywhere I decided to just get back on the bike and go find a place to camp.

I rode up Molas Pass and made camp off the road and back in the trees...

Aaaah silence.... sweet breezes whispering to me, mountains reminding me how small I am in this body, but how large I am too... in spirit.

In the morning I awaken to a Full Moon and my camp...

I suit up and decide to go down into town and see what all the fuss is about:)

I'll try to find Al and see what kind of adventures we can create!

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 07-14-2013 at 07:59 AM