User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #361
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,643
A moment to reflect...

This is another one of those coincidences....

After I had posted up that last piece which included a teary heartfelt afternoon at the Airborne Memorial to a Peace Keeping Flight gone... Sad.
I start going through my notes and scrap papers from the ride... I come onto a little card that the beautiful girl who ran over to the bike and gave me a pack of skittles during the video of the Home Coming Parade in Central Square, NY had given me.
Talk about perfect timing...

It says...

we are
the change
be the change you want to see in the world
`Mahatma Gandi

It has a peace sign in the circle of the a, and a link to a video the school had done on youtube from their channel.
It's called: The Change and it's by The4Laceys.
Here it is:

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 02-07-2014 at 09:09 PM
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:28 AM   #362
sandsman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 439
JJ, I enjoy all of your updates. Sometimes, like the subject matter of the last post, makes me reflective. Our freedom we enjoy here in the USA was paid by the blood of our young service men, those who didn't return home. I stood a flag line yesterday for one of our veterens, like you said, it leaves you with a somber feeling. Then, out in the middle of that muddy cemetary, the sound of that lone trumpet playing taps. Sobering is the word that came to mind.
sandsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #363
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsman View Post
JJ, I enjoy all of your updates. Sometimes, like the subject matter of the last post, makes me reflective. Our freedom we enjoy here in the USA was paid by the blood of our young service men, those who didn't return home. I stood a flag line yesterday for one of our veterens, like you said, it leaves you with a somber feeling. Then, out in the middle of that muddy cemetary, the sound of that lone trumpet playing taps. Sobering is the word that came to mind.
Yes yes... The toll of our living our Dream.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #364
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

After the 101st Airborne memorial visit I slowly get back out onto the Trans Can and head toward St Johns. As I'm cruising along I notice a truck with trailer alongside the road with a flat tire(trailer is sticking out so far I can't miss it lol). 1. The guy has tools out and I figure he probably has it under control... 2. I'm in a rental car, I don't have the tools I would be carrying on Des' or in my van either.
But I whip a U'ee and swing back around. I ask if he needs any help... Yup in a couple ways. 1. He cant get his bottle jack under the truck, it's too tall and the truck too low with the flat. 2. His 12v impact driver is too whimpy to break the lugs loose and he can't seem to find a socket to fit on his ratchet.

I go down over the bank to get a couple flat rocks to have him drive up onto... (getting to pick up some litter while I'm at it) and noticing the Full Moon... thinking to myself It's gonna be a couple nice days and nights I can tell!

After working with the rocks I realize it's not quite working out... idea... I get the jack out of the Fusion, it won't lift him high enough but will get the truck up to where his bottle jack can take over! Part 1. fixed. Now before doing that we need to get the lugs off... I search with him through his old tool box until we find a socket that will do... his ratchet will need leverage though (these lugs are almost welded in place)!!! As though this wheel with the worn out tire tread has been on since the truck was made! We find a breaker bar of sorts along with some spray lube of sorts and I do a superman imitation to break the lugs loose with my body weight and him holding the tools steady... aaah success at last!
His name just happens to be Jim he says, and he had just picked the trailer up from out in the bush at a friends place... he needs to get it home before dark since it doesn't have any decent wiring, aka NO lights. I take his picture, he takes mine and I drive onward...

Just another reminder to always stop and give some help... at least ask?!? Ya never know when a few moments of your time could make someone else's day! He was happy, I was happy and the world was suddenly even a little brighter than before.

As the sun sets I get to take a couple more pictures then find a place to sleep for the night. Spotting a campground with marina along the way. A short day it's been... emotional at the memorial in a somber way.. now emotional in a good way after helping Jim out .

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 02-11-2014 at 06:10 PM
Old 02-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #365
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

As I cruise along I realize that I don't need the ipod cable I found... this rig has xm or serius radio... cool beans I get to hear stuff I don't hear everyday. Some of the songs like this one stirring up memories... I find myself thinking of Sherri... whoa this notion makes me feel pretty dizzy... thinking of what my life would be like without her in it. This delay here on the "Rock" seems to be another way to slow me down enough to let these thoughts really soak in.

I get to the Toy Box later in the morning where Keith and Trevor have a 606 with my name on it... The guys were very friendly and had some new KLIM clothing releases in a catalog to show me. The first I had heard of the new "Air" Line. A mesh Kevlar kit! Maaaan I was Excited... that is my favorite style. Mesh with Kevlar and light weight rain gear over that. They hand me my new 606 and off I go to explore some more.

I want to get over to check out "Cape Spear" the Eastern most point in North America... I had also wanted to explore some of the oldest pubs on the continent, but I must say this city is feeling a bit too crowded for me. I can't do it today.
I zigzag around a bit then get to the point! Pun intended.

The Sea and it's effects on the land always awe me... before the parking center I pull off for some views.

These next two pics are taken holding my polarized Oakley lenses over the camera... just to note the difference in what I was viewing and how the camera would present things to you.

The Bunkers still here...

I take this pic off the wooden walkway and then decide to jump off and climb down the rocks to the where the waves were rolling in. No one seemed to be getting very close to the ocean... I wanted to touch this most easterly North Atlantic.

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 02-11-2014 at 06:12 PM
Old 02-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #366
damurph
Cold Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,262
I take this pic off the wooden walkway and then decide to jump off and climb down the rocks to the where the waves were rolling in. No one seemed to be getting very close to the ocean... I wanted to touch this most easterly North Atlantic.
[/QUOTE]

We lose a couple of tourists a season doing this...glad you were not one of them.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #367
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by damurph View Post
We lose a couple of tourists a season doing this...glad you were not one of them.
Lucky I'm a bit of a risk taker and this fell under the umbrella of my abilities. lol.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #368
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

I'll just throw up a buncha pics here as the waves were moving in onto the shore... hoping that it gives you some sense of the feeling of the place.

Cool little water droplets shooting up from between the rocks closest to me...

A coast guard ship (maybe) in the background here as well...

You can feel the heartbeat of the planet as the swells move in and out... in and out.

Much smaller boats in the background here...

Had to stick the camera into a tide pool... some underwater life I've never met before.

After doing my thing for a while I turn around and see that I've started something...

Before leaving the shoreline I decide to build a Rock Totem...

Here's a bit of an explanation of the art...

An Intimate Exploration of Rock Stacking
as a Sacred Form
Evoking the Numinous Experience by Dr. Peggy Stringer
Pacifica Graduate Institute

Chapter IV : Contemporary Artists
Jim Needham
Jim Needham is a master rock stacker who lives in Carmel, California. He has been featured in local newspapers and has a professional video which interviews him and demonstrates his rock stacking. Needham was born on Long Island, New York, the oldest of 6 children. He began his rock stacking at the same time I did, from the rocks that were a gift of the same winter storm that hit California in the winter of 1994. On one of my drives up the coast of California in May of 1998, I came upon his rock stack forest. There were rocks stacked in totem pole fashion one right next to the other. There were rocks balanced on top of boulders. There were rocks wedged into the crook of the trees with other rocks balanced on top of them. Rocks created an enchanted rock forest full of lively playful spirits. I got out of the car and was enthralled, entranced, energized, and fully captivated by the presence of these standing stones. Soon I found out that all of these rock formations were the artistic creations of Jim Needham. `There was a newspaper with a cover story article that featured Jim Needham and introduced the visitor to this landscape of rock fantasy held in place most appropriately by a rock.

A weaving of incredible synchronicities led to Jim Needham and I meeting a few weeks later when I would once again be driving up the coast of California. Needham's enchanted mystical rock stacked forest can be seen growing along Pacific Coast Highway on the south side of Carmel. His work is seen by thousands every month as they drive into or out of Carmel.

Once Needham and I met, it was obvious we were of this same eccentric tribe which seems to have been called and gathered by the Tao of rocks during that winter storm. Needham began to create a rock stack monument for me to demonstrate his style, skill, technique, and mastery of the sacred art of rock stacking. He does a silent meditation, followed by shaking off ego body. Needham literally shakes his hands and body to loosen up and be fully receptive to the energy of the rock. He focuses and moves about the rocks picking them up to stack them higher than he stands. The monument he built for me was almost seven feet tall.

As he places a heavy boulder on top of the rocks that are stacked, all the rocks begin shifting under the added weight. Suddenly, there is this fluid dance where all the rocks are shifting, rolling, moving, and adjusting. It looks very snake like as it is fluid in motion. Needham uses his knees, his body, his shoulders and chin to settle the rocks down as he is listening intently for that still point of perfect balance. All at once, all motion stops, the rocks are still, perfectly, sacredly, silently motionless, and still. It is a deafening moment of silence. It only lasts a moment because once that point of perfect stillness is in place, Needham sets about responding to being called by the next rock that will begin the dance all over again. Once the rock stack has become completed by the dozen or so boulders that comprise it, sometimes it wants to be topped by some smaller topping rocks in stark contrast to the immense boulders beneath it. The huge rocks that Needham builds with are probably close to the one hundred pound category. These rocks were massively enormous.

Needham explained that there are days when some rocks do not choose to be moved. In a sense they do not choose to cooperate or become part of a certain rock stack, and they become sort of stuck to the earth, unmoveable. The very next day, with another rock stack in formation, the same rock may call to him and be very participatory and eager to be in that rock stack and will indeed participate in being moved. I also have had this experience of the weight of the rocks being variable. It is much more mystical and definite than my personal variations in strength and energy from day to day. The rocks themselves either cooperate or refuse depending upon a wide range of influences and choices.

Clients in therapy can exhibit similar phenomena. When there is a willingness to relate to evolutionary changes enormous shifts in perceptions can occur causing generous gifts of insight and transformative experiences to begin to happen dramatically in their lives. When the client refuses or resists to be open to ideas which may alter or influence their fixed beliefs, they often cannot be moved no matter how wonderful the therapy is. The client will often only respond to therapy to the extent he is internally willing to connect to transformation and willing to participate in getting his life in balance.

Needham says the essential attitude in getting the rocks to balance is a matter of faith, of believing (James, 1997). Needham's rock stacks are being shown in several local museums, art galleries, and along several paths around Carmel Village and Monterey. Needham has been inspired by the works of Frank Lloyd Wright, Andy Goldsworthy, and Isamu Noguchi. His first series of rock stacks was entitled "Gravity at Work" (James). When I was interviewing Needham, he said "One of the most important things to remember is that this is all silly." Spoken deeply, authentically, and irreverently sacred, exactly as a true Zen master speaks. Oh the subliminal joys of listening to and hearing such playfully deep wisdom.

Needham, J. Personal Interview, July 17, 1998, Gravity Garden, Carmel, California.
(c) 1999 Peggy Stringer

With this done I head for the car... running into a couple folks on bikes and in cages, sharing some of our life experiences.
Onward ho...

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 02-11-2014 at 06:17 PM
Old 02-11-2014, 05:27 PM   #369
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

If you ever find yourself wandering around this Island one thing I think you'll notice is the how beautifully it has been shaped by the sea. Heaven, land and the sea merge here... more that just obviously, the rock itself feeling more alive than any other place I've been. Another nice treat... you'll notice many beautiful lighthouses springing up around every other bend.

Also the names of the towns, inlets and bays will range from beautiful, to cute, to downright funny... Some named by Cpt. Cook and his partner mapping out the island back in the 1760's and others by folks eons earlier, right up to the present, and some religiously inspired no doubt. Hang on and you'll see.

With thoughts of my own and Sherri's future weighing heavy on my mind I play some XM and cruise around the shoreline. I head up Route 60 to 70 which follows Conception Bay and back down Rt 80 which swings along Trinity Bay. All of this being on the Greater Avalon Peninsula, the age old fishing center of Newfoundland. I quickly get away from the hustle and bustle of St Johns... a nice enough city in its own right, but not the feeling I'm after just now.

Follow along as the day winds into night and the views take my breath away.

Near Harbour Grace I see a small roadside shop and pull in to snoop around a bit. I score a cool NL "outline of the island" sticker that will go perfect on Desiree's windscreen. On the wall there's a picture of a local guy with a pet Moose ! A Moose he had used as a Draft horse... it's HUGE!

Swinging down the other side I come to the first of three warmly named little towns all starting with Heart.
It's Hearts Content... cool.

I find a place to pull off for lunch feeling pretty content myself. Inside is a picture of the Ol' Newfie Bullet.

An affectionate but ironic name informally applied to the transinsular Newfoundland passenger railway in its latter days. A narrow-gauge train, winding 900 km around lakes and mountains from St John's to Channel-Port aux Basques (track completed in 1898), the Newfie Bullet was not noted for its speed. In the late 1960s CNR replaced the subsidized passenger service with a bus service. I had wanted to ride a bit of the old railway on this trip, we shall see.

As I head for the harbor to see what I can find... another "Funny" town name pops up... more on this later.

These fishing boats are COLORFUL... I think they're even brighter than those I saw while fishing up in Alaska back in '06 with my brother in law Sean. I'd like him to see these babies!

I glimpse another lighthouse ahead and make a beeline to it.

Aaah a beauty too...

I walk all around it looking from different angles... feeling the rocks and noticing the sun is setting too.

Next up is Hearts Desire...

I keep rolling towards the final "Heart" Hearts Delight as the sun slowly disappears into the sea...

Looking with the sun is a whole different world...

Soon I reach the last of the Trinity and go down into the village to learn what I can...

I learn this village has two very Striking... Noble looking Horses is what I learn...

I feed them grass from outside the corral and stand in awe...

As I head back toward the Trans Can Hwy I see this sign again just after New Harbour...

Maaan ok how did this village and the Dildo Arm get their names?!?? A guy just wants to know.
Dildo, Newfoundland and Labrador
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Dildo (disambiguation).
A road sign directing drivers towards Dildo.

Dildo is a town on the island of Newfoundland, in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. It is located on the southeastern Dildo Arm of Trinity Bay about 60 kilometres west of St. John's. South Dildo is a neighbouring unincorporated community. The town's unusual name has brought it a certain amount of notoriety in the same vein as Fucking, Austria; Anus, France; Nob End, England; Effin, Ireland; Twatt, Scotland; Intercourse, Pennsylvania; Bald Knob, West Virginia; and Wankum, Germany.[1][2][3]
Name

The place name "Dildo" is attested in this area since at least 1711, though how this came to be is unknown. The origin of the word "dildo" itself is obscure. It was once used to reference a phallus-shaped pin stuck in the edging of a row boat to act as a pivot for the oar (also known as a "thole pin" or "dole pin.")[4] It was used as early as the 16th century for a cylindrical object such as a dildo glass (test tube), for a phallus-shaped sex toy, as an insult for a "contemptuous or reviling" male, and as a refrain in ballads.[5] The name, then written as "Dildoe", was first applied to Dildo Island, located offshore from the present-day town of Dildo. This use was recorded in 1711 and 1775, and the name was thereafter applied to the Dildo Arm of Trinity Bay and other local physical features. Social scientist William Baillie Hamilton notes that Captain James Cook and his assistant Michael Lane, who mapped Newfoundland in the 1760s, often displayed a sense of humour in the place names they chose, and were not above selecting names that might offend overly sensitive readers. Regardless of the origin, the name has brought the town of Dildo a measure of notoriety. In the 20th century there were several campaigns to change the name, though all failed.[6]
History

The Dildo area has a long history, going as far back as 2000 BC when Maritime Archaic aboriginal people resided at Anderson's Cove. By 700 AD, people of the Dorset culture inhabited Dildo Island. In 1613, Henry Crout, whilst sailing up Dildo Arm, came in contact with the Beothuks, who were residing on Dildo Island at this time. He traded with them and left gifts. In 1711 the inhabitants of Trinity Bay were ordered by Governor Crow to leave their homes during the winter, to defend themselves against the French, who burned their houses. Dildo Island was one of the places designated for this purpose. The town of Dildo was founded in the late 18th century and settled to exploit the abundance of marine resources such as fish (mostly cod), whales and seals.[7]

Just up the road a piece in the little Harbour town of Arnold's Cove, I find a room, a bar stool in the lounge and get some food. It has a maritime feel to it with lots of nice pictures on the walls.(I'll find out why soon enough)

I stay until there is no one except the barmaid, myself, a local guy/ taxi service driver and a rude sailor off a freighter. Now I didn't call him rude... the barmaid did!!! She says almost all the sailors that come through are genuinely kind but these damn *#@^_+... hmmm ok really. I listen to her since she's been upbeat all night and then I just watch. Turns out that this is the closest a forlorn sailor can get to some booze from his Port and also get wifi service.

This guy had been ask to leave with his group earlier but had insisted on staying... I had heard him arguing loudly with whoever he was skypeing with and just shook my head. Now she tells me that he won't leave when ask nicely and so she has called a local friend who will for "FREE" drive this young buck back to his ship... yet he just continues to ignore them both.

I talk to them saying "I'm pretty chill nowadays but this is pretty much bullshit!" They agree but are very polite.... ooookay I see.
"Hey YOU!"
"uuuuuuh"
"Yes YOU... these kind folks have been put off half the night and now this gentleman has come to get your sorry ass, yet you just sit there!"
"uuuh murmer murmer" in a heavy accent acting oblivious to what I'm saying.
"Get your ass off the stool and get going NOW!!!" "This has gone on long ENOUGH!"
"uuum murmer murmer"
He starts to plead with the gal to stay a bit longer and I say nooooo get up and GET!

He actually does... packs up his computer then he and the driver go out the door. I stay for one last rum and say "I'm sorry if I got short with the guy buuuut, enough is enough" she says no worries and thank you.

So that ends that.... off to my room.

What a day... I feel like I saw some of the most spectacular views of the moss, rocks, water, trees and sky that I've ever seen!!!
Thank you Great Spirit!

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 02-12-2014 at 07:58 AM
Old 02-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #370
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

An edit and some panoramas.

I'll post up some panoramas now. And I decided to edit out the country the "rude" sailor was from... as I lay down last night it hit me that I didn't want to offend anyone from any specific country. He wasn't representative of the nation. And I want to add that he wasn't loud or obnoxious, just selfish as though the world was revolving around him maybe. Being that he didn't seem to notice that he was putting people out of their way. Hey maybe there were some marriage woes and he was caught up in desperation?!?

Anyway... some panoramas from the last few days.

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 02-12-2014 at 08:29 AM
Old 02-12-2014, 08:57 AM   #371
Minus1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Stop it....

Stop posting all these amazing pictures. Ur making my must see list longer and longer.

Another fantastic update JJ. Thanks again for taking the time to post all these wonderful pictures and stories.

Take care,
Eric
Minus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:25 AM   #372
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minus1 View Post
Stop posting all these amazing pictures. Ur making my must see list longer and longer.

Another fantastic update JJ. Thanks again for taking the time to post all these wonderful pictures and stories.

Take care,
Eric
Your welcome Eric... your just gonna havta get headed up thata way!

Peace,
Jim
Old 02-17-2014, 08:11 AM   #373
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Next morning I have Bfast in the motel café which is as usual... great and includes some friendly pretty girls. Good way to start the day. On the way to Hwy1 I see an anchor at a little park and pull in to look around. It's a 20 ton anchor !!

Looks like it had fallen off a ship with a WHOLE lot of chain! 1,200ft of it to be exact!

I decide to skirt around the Bonavista Peninsula next and go check out the Dungeon Provincial Park.
This peninsula contains some of the oldest settlements on the island of Newfoundland, particularly the towns of Bonavista and Trinity. English explorer John Cabot is reported to have landed at Cape Bonavista in 1497 claiming this part of the New World for the King of England.

On the way I some nice sights.
Like one of the many community pastures I'll see, along with many community gardens.

The landscape looking Taiga like to me... little villages spread out over the land and in the little coves.

I see another Cemetery which has me scratching my head again... as to how we people seem to like to separate ourselves from one another. Whether by denomination, color creed etc...

Soon I near the Cape...

I see some buildings... and more interesting to me, faces in the rocks.

And beautiful rocks they are...

John Cabot's statue...

Upon seeing more fishing boats I just have to go check them out! I meet a contractor down there making dock repairs and chat a while about the boats here and the Long Liners and Salmon net boats I saw from Ballard to Alaska.

While traveling overland to the next stop I see this Coyote crossing the road...

I pass another cute town named "Tickle Cove" (there's even a place called Happy Adventure) pass through Terra Nova National Park and pop out onto Hwy 320 which will lead me toward the New World Island area.

It's another one of those blue sky/cloudy days:)

Wouldn't ya just love to own this dock and boat...

I come rolling into Dover.... hmmm have to check this place out.

I park and head up the boardwalk...

Turns out there was a plane crash here too...

On the morning of January 2, 1942, R.C.A.F. Digby B-18 Bomber number 738 departed Gander Airport on a convey patrol mission. About 40 minutes later, one of the Wright Cyclone engines sent vibrations through the plane, causing the propeller to "feather" and the plane began to lose altitude. Two bombs was jettison over the Salt Water Pond in Dover, and the First Officer - D.G.J. Malty had to make an emergency landing in the water near the coastal line.

The plane was extensively damaged but the crew escaped with only slight injuries. When the master switch was turned on, a fire broke out in the cabin. The crew was forced to leave the plane. Fortunately, residents from Dover who had witnessed the crash had already left to look for survivors. Once it was determined that all on board were unharmed in the crash, the residents responded with warm homes and hospitality.

Drenched and shivering in the January air, 6 crewman reached the beach in a dinghy. One of the rescuers, Mr. Nathan Parsons, took the men back to his home by horse and sleigh where his wife, Mrs Mary Parsons, was waiting for his return with the wood stove banked, moose soup and hot tea brewing. The men were given dry clothing while Mrs parsons ironed uniforms. The crewmen were were lifted back to Gander, but only after their Commanding Officer had eaten 2 bowls of Mrs Parsons delicious moose soup.

The Parsons family also played host to 2 of the mechanics who stayed for 17 days while dismantling the wreckage of the plane, the remaining parts can be seen at the Dover Fault Interpretation Center and Lookout.

Many of the older members of the community have great stories to tell regarding the events that occurred that eventful day. The site where the bombs were dropped is now used as a local swimming area by many of the members of the community.

As local men were pulling the wreckage ashore they sang:

' Eres to me Jonny Poker for we'll aul an pull togedder

'Eres to me Jonny Poker

HO-O-O-O-O-O !

Out picking some Partridge Berries I meet Marilyn and her granddaughter Kylie...

Notice the Heart shaped earring? Marilyn and I have a good long talk about... things. She told of a biker on an adventure who she and her husband took in for a few days to house and feed during some inclement weather a couple years back. They SOOOO enjoyed the company!!!
And then as we look down onto the bay below she tears up and speaks of her brother who just a year ago today had drowned right there in that cut out digging clams. Then tells stories of her childhood in the area. I try to reassure her and comfort her all I can... we talk of the illusion of death how it seems to tear us apart as we miss our loved ones who have moved on, she mentions her mothers passing and I feel like my meeting her here has somehow lifted a burden off her shoulders... no off her heart actually. We hug and part ways, now with me picking some berries too.

Sorry about the wind noise...

I prefer not to see graffiti and in looking at this I see my initials...

Near the top of the boardwalk it gets fresh paint, turns to some steps, a memorial and a view point.

I learn why this quaint little town has a Fault...

This is the point where the North American and European Continents meet...

I take a picture of the same spot as the billboard to compare. Kind of cool...

Marilyn's family property and the cut where her brother left us...

After learning some history lessons... feeling Marilyn's pain, and just soaking up life a while longer, I take it all in for one last moment and then head back down the road.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:53 PM   #374
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

After the nice stop in Dover and the meeting with Marilyn I keep on moving northwestward...
which finds me in the New-Wes Valley. I at first think this is a funny way to name a place as theee newest valley as it was settled. But Harvey later tells me it was a combined name form two old towns like when they combined Grand Falls and Windsor... Ok I see.

The clouds are still amazing and I can feel some magic in the air...

The sun is starting to set which is magnificent...

And the moon is rising.. a full moon at that. This ought to be awesome if I can find a spot on some beach to camp tonight!

I ride the coastline up and around to Musgrave Harbour and the Sir Fredrick Banting Memorial Park.
Sir Frederick was the co-discover of Insulin and was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1923 in the fields of Physiology and Medicine. He died in a plane crash just outside Musgrave Harbour in 1941.

I'm getting closer to a campspot...

On the way toward Carmanville I see a little backroad heading off to the north and decide to explore the possibilities of a nice little camp.
The road turns into dirt, stone and gravel winding around a little fishing house tucked back along the coast with some nice islands off shore, it's very near Ladle Cove.

I spot a flat and mossy spot another 1/4mi from the house where the road becomes impassible for the Fusion and decide to pitch the tent there...
I walk down to the shore purposely leaving the camera behind to experience this surreal place alone and without any interference at all. A way of honoring the sea and land really. It just felt that way to me.

I set down there for quite a spell looking westward into the setting sun... and then back to the east into the rising moon...

The place was truly magical and after a short while I found myself in an altered state of consciousness...This soon manifested itself into an altered state of reality... a state of non-ordinary reality if you will.

I began feeling a major connection to the Sea... the Land.. the whole of the Universe! Whoa this is getting heavy...

I suddenly had a sense of sharing this with others...
I simply thought things and received answers... like how I hadn't wanted to dishonor this sacred place by bringing the camera. That was answered by the feeling that unless I share this with others I cannot help them to set out and find this for themselves.
The feeling of warmth, bliss, love and ultimately gratitude was almost too much to keep inside without bursting... I had to let it out!

It was ok to go get the camera... I had to share this.

So I go get it. Walk back down and start to record the sounds. It was getting too dark for the actual prints to turn out but the sounds of the sea and rocks I had to share. Please be patient this video is simple but the sounds and feeling of the place are what had brought me to this heightened state of awareness... I build a totem and set down.

As the night wore on the moon got higher and higher...

I have been to the coast in many places from Prudhoe Bay and almost to Guatemala... but I'd never heard anything like this.

The waves would lap up onto the shore pushing small stones up the slightly steep slope making a rattling sound... than as the wave retreated the stones would roll back into the sea with a rattling kinkling sound.
It was amazing...
I'll let you listen...
In this first video I am speaking and the rocks really roll at about 1:50.

As I stand there taking it all in... I look around me, the moonlight shining bright enough for me to see... and what I see is that like these small stones we are now listening to rolling up and down the beach... there is a curved section of beach with a smattering of stones from a foot to three feet in size that have also been pushed up the beach! Whoa yes this mighty sea is powerful when she roars out of the north!

And then my gaze travels further up the shoreline to the west and another curved cove where the mighty ocean has pushed dozens of rocks the size of cars and vans, weighing tons up onto the shoreline!!!

Man I am trembling at the thought of this... actually I can feel it in my core... not only is the thought of the sea's strength causing me pause, but the fact that all these stones... the sea and everything I can see in my vision and feel in my heart are alive!

The little rocks are laughing like kids as they roll to and froe on the waves... I can feel the earth speaking to me.. I start to pray to the Earth, the Sea, the Great Spirit which animates us one and all.
I start to say thank you for allowing me this place in time and the awareness to be feeling all of this, and I start to ask for peace to fall upon others, that others may get to know this bliss, fo blessings for my friends and all who are reading this report...
I catch myself asking for things.. even though they appear to be selfless I realize I am again asking for things.
I then realize that the sea.. mother earth... the air... all these things only give.
They don't ask for much do they...
I get teary eyed with joy and say to the universe... what can I DO? What can I do to help my fellow humans, what can I do for this earth and sea? What can I give?

Deep realizations come flooding in... too many to put up here in one post so I will let them out little by little.

Some of the tiniest ones though, are to share these pictures, views, sounds and emotions with others... to help inspire others to live in their own happiness... have inspired thoughts and then work to manifest them into your dreams, to show others that there are options that one can take to be happy most all the time. That once letting divine inspiration into your heart you can create your own reality, one that will flow almost effortlessly and seem easy, unlike when you try to hard to force things. To lead by example and to always do my best... very simple things these are.

I see a rock off to my right and it's a Horse... yes a horse shaped rock with a Colt by his side. They have come running back to the sea.... as though they were actual flesh and bones horses at one time now turned to rock. I can sense the life force still in them.. they have simply changed form, a lesson I can remember learning years ago.
Then a bit down the beach there are two Seal shaped rocks... they too are teaching me a lesson.

(I'll post up pictures tomorrow morning when it's light enough to see better.)

I then sense a calling from a large rock a 100 meters off to my left... yes I can hear this rock talking to me.. I walk on over and find that it's a mother and she has maybe a half dozen little ones tucked up by her right side, kind of cradled as if in her arm. On the left side is a lone rock and it's off away from her by maybe a meter. She ask me if I would please put it with her other young on the right... it was moved away by the sea long ago. I do as she ask and feel that in asking what " I could do" was given a chance to play a part.

Like I said this was in an altered state of reality and to many of you this may sound crazy, but I have to share... It's the least I can do.

Here's one last video before I go... this one is just the land and sea, with no talking and great rock sounds... you might want to close your eyes and imagine you are here with me.

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 02-28-2014 at 03:15 PM
Old 02-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #375
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Oddometer: 1,703
As always Jim thanks fer sharing
1986 XT350 For going places the Wee shouldn't be!
I still see the world through KLR eyes
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote