Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #421
frank wheelbarrow
ten four

Oddometer: 750

Good stuff, read every word and loved it!!
know that they are only 5 outcomes at the end of the two weeks: Finish, Mechanical, Abandon, Injuries, Death.
frank wheelbarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:58 PM   #422
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,933
Can't go wrong with Dave Mattews and his band!
8lives is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:08 PM   #423
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,848
Enjoyed this report and am looking foward to your next report as you take your next adventure in life.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #424
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,790
Thumb Thank you very much everyone!!!!!

Thanx to YOU ALL for riding along with Des' and I.... Was a blast riding that last ride of 2012 with the KLRWorld gang, Alex and Esther... and I look forward to posting up this one I'm on now.
I'm in Saguenay, Quebec right now with NomadGal doing our laundry in a Hotel basement. Been out in the sticks camped for 4 days riding 330 and 430 respectively, ( I had looped back to find Esther and she was already up ahead of me, she has really picked up her pace!!!) miles of dirt skirting the Gouin Reservoir up to Obedjiwan then back onto hwy 167 and the slab around Lac St Jean. We've already ridden some of the most remote areas of central QC, WoooHoo a great workout for the upcoming roads. I believe these were much looser being really sandy (90%) and NO calcium chloride whats so ever! Had us on our toes every meter handing 540 and 600lb bikes at 50mph. I had forgotten since I've been ridint a 260lb KTM 530exc around the last two months.

Sorry it took sooo long to finish this one up... but I wanted to get to some point of redirection before I finished.... next time I'll just finish it up!

Looking forward to seeing you all in the future and getting some nice picture taking weather for this current/future RR.
Also looking forward to seeing Harvey, his family in Grand Falls- Windsor and Ted Pelley out in the woods of Newfie
Their their like family to me!

Thanx again for hanging around... I suppose I'll add the link to the next ride right here when I come up with the Title and message.

Peace, and lotsa Love to you all!!!

Jettn Jim
Jettn Jim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 03:14 AM   #425
kojack
My Hardley is a POS

Oddometer: 970
Hey Bro,

Nice finally meetin ya last night. My shop should be open next month all ready for next seasons ADV RIDERS!

Forgot to mention I also will have a CNC plasma cutter, therefore anyone that needs any special parts cut out like bracing etc, I can rig you out!

Hopfully I will catch ya for a beer next time!

There is so much riding here in central. I am also thinking about starting a tour service as well.

Keep in touch !

Steve.

P.S. Watch the Moose in the night, When I saw you, There were two just off the side of the highway outside badger. I have 2 HID hellas on my Jeep for spotting those buggers, I hit one, don't want to hit another.
kojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #426
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Thumb

Hey Steve great to meet you maaan.. and DAMN we were just a few clicks apart all week on Dawes road lol!!! I'll look you up again next time for those beears and Lambs!
Yea folks were slowing waaay down coming into town last night!

Peace Brother,
Jim

I'm leaving Harvey's Cabin 2mro morning on some of the T Rail toward Howley, then the Viking Trail again to St Barbe to Blanc Sablon, then supply boat to Kegaska then back on the bike along route 138 southwest, and up through Saguenay and across the Gouin to Val d' Or and then southeast home.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #427
kojack
My Hardley is a POS

Oddometer: 970
Yeah brother,

Keep in touch for sure!. Spread the word on my new shop. Hope to be fully operational by November. I have a CNC plasma cutter to made braces etc for bikes and what not. Really cool tool.
kojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:57 PM   #428
TwoTiredRiders
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Jim....

Jim, wow. You and Alex should have a black hole warning at the beginning of your threads. Something like this: *please note, I'm glad you are checking out this thread and please join me for a wild trip through time and space. You will need a lot of time and be in outer space while you read it so don't plan on getting much done for the next few days.

That being said I did read and thoroughly enjoy the 2012 High Adventures thread and thank you for the time it took to document and share the details. Even the music videos and stuff took tons of time and thought.
Especially loved the mechanical stuff. Fixing the bikes, helping others, the whole deal. I'm a big helper myself so that's all right up my alley. I don't have the spiritual deal going on but feel enlightened by your energy nonetheless.
Btw I'm a couple hours south of your PA location (just below Selinsgrove) so next time you are out this way I'd love to meet up.
Are you freezing your ass off in the toy hauler or whatever happened to you after the RR wrapped up? I'm sure a lot of your adv buddies would love to know how you are and what you are doing. Especially me.
Wishing you a Happy New Year,
Chris
Vintage Honda Collection
TwoTiredRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:36 PM   #429
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Thumb

LOL hahahah yea thanx Chris... super fun times we have when we tour together!!! Every thing seems to fall right into place... aaand apart!
Glad the energy has had a positive effect on ya!
Yup I'm in Bloom again now so your probably only an hour away... I'll hafta ride down on Desiree' and visit ya soon!!!
Was out riding last week a bit and am ready for another ride.

Planning another trip out west first of Feb to sell my KTM and haul a couple Kubota's back here to sell. Sell more stuff rebuild Des frame up... freshen an engine or two and plan for HighAdventureTour 2015~
Did 6 weeks up in Quebec, Labrador and Newfie end of the summer Aug into Sept and need to get writing that RR ASAP!!! Was Epic! Went deep into myself and my next stage of life.

Thank you much Happy 2015 and hope to see you soon!

Jim
Old 01-10-2015, 10:22 PM   #430
TwoTiredRiders
Adventurer

Freezing here!

Hey buddy thanks for the reply. F-ing cold here, as you well know. Single freaking digits. I took my bike down to Velocity Cycles today to get the valves adjusted at the winter labor rate of $50 per. Great deal. ONe hour. Need to learn how to do it though. No I didn't ride it down. Trailered and waited. They had it done in one hour and began working on it as soon as I got there. They even unloaded it and loaded without me asking. Thanks Velocity! I think they were just glad to have a customer or something, lol!
Its real last minute but our club is having a riders meeting at the Carriage house restaurant in Juniata County across from the Sheetz at 5 PM tomorrow (today I guess) Sunday. Maybe you could stop down? PaTRA.
Otherwise come on down some other time. My work is done for the winter.
Wanna go to FL or something.?
Also trip to southwest (Silverton and Moab) first two weeks in September. Need to pick your brain about that.
Chris
Vintage Honda Collection
Old 01-11-2015, 10:24 AM   #431
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Thumb

Would have loved to ride down for the riders meeting Chris but will be at dads watching playoffs. Good to hear you recieved some excellent service! Maybe I can catch next months meeting?

Heading South in two weeksish till I hit I-40 then out to Santa Barbara to sell my 530 to inmate Mendo
It will be an adventure trip of the 4x4 van type! Will head north from central Cali to see Jessica "Superball" Alex "Parepin" in Oregon and Wayne in Idaho, then on into Washington to spend a little time in the Mountains playing in the Snow.
Then hook up to a trailer and pull back a couple Kubota's for sale.

Will try to meet up with you on the return to discuss your Adventure Travels!!!

Peace, Love and Motorcycle Grease,
Jim
Old 01-12-2015, 07:37 PM   #432
TwoTiredRiders
Adventurer

Gas er up!

Sounds good bro. I will take you up on that. Be safe, as always, and burn some fuel while its cheap. Sounds like you'll be going through some!
4x4 van? Sounds cool. Saw TFN had a blacked out axe murder/rape van looking deal at some point. Made me wanna spray paint my sprinter van black.
Perhaps a nice satin black. Well, Vikki said that's not happening. Take care. Look me up when you have a sec.
Chris
Vintage Honda Collection