User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #106
NomadGal
Esther

Oddometer: 1,042
I wonder when Jim will have time to finish his report
He's on his way to Idaho now, so hopefully he'll get to it at Wayne's house.
Thanks for the fill in Alex!
NomadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #107
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Oddometer: 1,651
Thumb

Awesome Alex... tankya maaan!

Hellooooo Gunnerbuck and Esther
Yup in Tennessee head'n to the PNWest for some Skiing, Birdhunting and Snowmobiling...
Uploaded more Vids to Youtube and Smugmug soooo I can keep this thing going along.

Again Thanks Al!!! Love your writing style... makes me laugh everytime.
Jettn Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #108
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Yup we probably did saunter down to Waffles & More to flirt a bit before heading back to the Rally on that 1st attempt... Now that we were back in Lewiston we woke up and repeated the routine... Waffles & More then... figure out Alex's electrical problem!

Next thing I know..... he's knee deep in all kinds a $hit!!!

Yo imagine this.... here we are with at least one of our bikes torn apart.... again.

Yup the Stator has taken the proverbial $hit! .... aaand Al's been talking about how noisy Janice has been the last few thousand miles.... especially since the last time he adjusted the Doooooooo!

Yup Broken Torsion spring, first I'd seen... luuuckily I juuust happen to have another in my faithful KLR box.

While he does his thing... I do some work on his shock... trying to make it as easily adjustable as a Cogent Dynamics Moab!!! LOL not ever gonna be a Moab, buuut gonna try to at least hook him up.

I drill the collar holes deeper, take an Allen wrench and bend it... then shape the tip. First one fails and I try to temper another a little softer. It works and were goood to go:)

So as usual... all things really happen for a reason aka if ya pay attention to the signs you see how the universe is communicating with you, teaching you, showing you more and more truths. In this case our searching for the tool bags had shown us this Stator problem and given us a perfect opportunity to take care of it, here in Wayne's kick a$$ shop! Aaand as luck (intent) would have it, I just happen to have a spare Stator too... thanx to Alex hooking me up to his buddy in SoCal earlier in the year.

Al puts a new Cap on his tool tube, makes a safety wire catch, restocks his tool supply get's ol' Janice put back together, then we suit up to ride.....

As we walk past the Jeep ol' Mick is leaning on it as to say... Hey Buddy where we goin'!!! Thinking I was taken the jeep instead of the bike....
He had jumped up on the bike seat in the past too.... Wayne had said hey man if he does it again go ahead and take him.

As we actually get fully geared up and start to walk to the bikes, who is sitting up on my bike seat again but Mick... what!!! Hmmmm I say hey man give me a minute, and I'll buzz around the block with him.. see how he holds on. (As a side note Mick has grown up riding on the back of Waynes 4-Wheeler his whole life soooo is conditioned for this leeetle adventure)
I do a good sized loop around the block and he seems pretty stable. As I pull up in front of the house Lisa a good friend of all of ours says "hey I've got a leash and a bag of dog food here in the Dodge" lov'n the Tie Dye...

Sooo with her help I don't even get off the bike she just hands it all to me and I stuff it into the tank panniers.

Looks like were taking Mick to his first Rally, wonder what Kirby will think?.... !^)-

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 01-07-2013 at 10:58 PM
Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #109
sandsman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 451
The dog looks just right hanging behind you there. I have been a long time stalker/follower. Really enjoy you RR's. 2013 is gonna be a good year for me, lots of riding time......since I am on the DL now. Just have to have some gas money that's all. Ride on, keep the sunny side up.
I got a real good feeling something bad is about to happen,
sandsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #110
sandsman
Gnarly Adventurer

I came accross this video, and from reading your RRs, I thought it fit you. It's called "Until the Sun Comes". Enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=VfTAgUXXwM4

It's pretty cool.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #111
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsman View Post
The dog looks just right hanging behind you there. I have been a long time stalker/follower. Really enjoy you RR's. 2013 is gonna be a good year for me, lots of riding time......since I am on the DL now. Just have to have some gas money that's all. Ride on, keep the sunny side up.
Yup he does a hell of a job as you'll see soon! Aaand Brutha thanx mucho for checking out the HAT rides, really appreciate it! Glad to see another Soul get to play more and suffer less...
Cool Beans... it sounds like your gonna have an EXCELLENT summer!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsman View Post
I came accross this video, and from reading your RRs, I thought it fit you. It's called "Until the Sun Comes". Enjoy it.

It's pretty cool.
DUDE!!! That Video and song ROCKS! I've gotta name that the Official HighAdventureTour VIdeo man.... can I use it I might put it in the opening post of both RR's

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 01-15-2013 at 11:28 PM
Old 01-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #112
sandsman
Gnarly Adventurer

I'd use the song until someone tells you otherwise, it's a cool rocking song with a couple of subtle messages in it....ride on bro.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #113
Victoria rides
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Open !

You were in Ventura CA....why no post or pictures ?
Victoria rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #114
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria rides View Post
You were in Ventura CA....why no post or pictures ?
Helloooooo.... Nope Haven't been in Ventura for a couple years. My Bro Alex may have ridden thru lately tho?
Old 01-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #115
YZman
Bouncing off Trees

Oddometer: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jettn Jim View Post

Busted... Whats that thing wrapped around your wrist... Would thought an ez-ridin dude like you woulda tossed that thing right from the git go!

Enjoying the report though! Keep the rubber side somewhere near the ground.
YZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #116
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZman View Post
Busted... Whats that thing wrapped around your wrist... Would thought an ez-ridin dude like you woulda tossed that thing right from the git go!

Enjoying the report though! Keep the rubber side somewhere near the ground.
Haha... ya got me there.
I still have to interact with the rest of society and soooo the time in that respect is relevant .
Thanx and peace,
JJ

PS I'll try
Old 01-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #117
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Micks first Rally....

We head on down the hill toward Asotin... I go easy since doin' 50mph with a dog under my arm is kinda new to me!!!
If he panics and bails..... NOT GOOD!
I keep looking down to check on him...

We get to the Asotin store and pull in for supplies and another check out period.

He just sits calmly on the bike until we move out again...

Cool beans let's head 'em south... first twisty test is the little snake outta Asotin.

Then it's off across the Prairie...
We stop at the State Park just this side of the RattleSnake Grade for another check up.

Again he just sits there all chill, then I let him run around to piss, hunt explore etc... and he and Al have some sort of Convo, then we roll into the Rattler.

On the way down I Pass Parepin... he'll tell ya about this Mick and my first pass together... then I pass a sports car as they try'n tear it up a bit. At the bottom and still on the Washington side I pull over again to let Mick piss and adjust (His first time railing hard turns sooo I had to let his adrenaline purge! )
After a bit the sports car and Al come singing bye....

Mick waves (his tail) as Al fades from sight...

Then it's back to business, I'm impressed at his control... I can accelerate, brake and lean as though I'm solo.... he just hangs on tight.

A little buck crosses right in front of us... Mick spots him right away and remains then calm as we pass.

We stop once more up on the Oregon side for one last checkup and readjust before hitting the Rally... the Wallowa's seemm to summon us.

We arrive all safe and sound at the Log Cabin...

Mick IS A HIT... Like a CELEBRITY or someth'n hahahaha!!!

Since it's too late for grub (once again we're LATE for a Rally) we head on over to Joseph and the Stubborn Mule for some dinner, I tell Al he may get to spot a Puuurty Giiirrl or two there, and the food is good so back on the bikes. ~Al maaay or may not have pics of the greeting Mick got??? For some reason I don't:/ ~

Sorry for the blur...

Mick stays out on the bike for 15-20 minutes... then we ask if we can bring him into the enclosed deck area out back.... yup yup sure says our puuurtty barkeep. Sooo in he comes.... exited like a 5yr old on Christmas morning!
As we sit down out there, Mick meets 5 or 6 girls sitting around the fire... cooool beans, he's gonna work out juuuust fine!^)-

They try to get to know us... and when I go inside, then return, I find one has taken up residence next to Alex.....
The girls being a bit too drunk and in a different place/phase in time, life, mind etc... I just hang back.

The Specials were gooood.... then we head back to the Cabin.

Still a few up and about sooo we approach the fire, where I run into Mark with the cooool ol' Yellow Beemer, as we talk and as usual I spend no time opening up... so he says "you guys gotta meet Fey".

Al chat'n with her, Scott_PDX, IDRIDR, Steve Lavigne (who in a loooong tradition at this Rally... has had his name changed to... NUT CLUTCH) and some of the guys we met on Camp Creek yesterday...

I spark up some convo with Mr. Fisherman... LadyBug musta been in the sack already cos I didn't see her. Also met OTheories... a reeeeal cooool guy who I loved sharing thoughts with and was also on a KLR doing the Touring thing.

It's a goood time and now we gottat put up camp somewhere near midnight. Goooodnite!

Just found this... a couple pics from LadyBug from the HCR Picture Thread... Thanx LB!^)-

"Jett’n Jim came in with his new riding partner.

These two sure seem to like each other. It's too bad the pup doesn't belong to Jim, he belongs to one of Jim's friends. The dog sure liked riding on the bike.

There was way too much excitement for me and off to bed I went just like I’m going to do now."

Jettn Jim screwed with this post 01-24-2013 at 05:23 PM
Old 01-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #118
woodsatyr
Kitty Boy

Oddometer: 456
What an awesome dog to ride like that!!! That is so cool.
woodsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #119
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,546
Hi Jim and Mick

Yes, when you arrived I was already sound asleep. I'm a bit of a party pooper like that.

I hope to see the two of you at HC again this year.

Mick is one heck of a dog, he's so well behaved and likes everyone but stick to Jim. When Mick looks at Jim you can see how he admires him and you know he is thinking "yep, that's my buddy and he takes me motorcycling." Jim has those lovin' eyes for Mick too. A boy and his dog (he might be borrowed but they sure do mesh).
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #120
Jettn Jim OP
This is Liv'n!!!

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsatyr View Post
What an awesome dog to ride like that!!! That is so cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post
Hi Jim and Mick

Yes, when you arrived I was already sound asleep. I'm a bit of a party pooper like that.

I hope to see the two of you at HC again this year.

Mick is one heck of a dog, he's so well behaved and likes everyone but stick to Jim. When Mick looks at Jim you can see how he admires him and you know he is thinking "yep, that's my buddy and he takes me motorcycling." Jim has those lovin' eyes for Mick too. A boy and his dog (he might be borrowed but they sure do mesh).
Yes girls he is an EXCEPTIONAL pooch! Been here in Idaho with him Quail Hunting for the last 2 weeks and again he totally impresses me! Just an amazing spirit and of course our connection does help to lead us both as we work together... suuuure gonna miss him when I turn Monique Eastward in a few days.