ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #151
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
I'll pass on two Am fireworks... But that does sound better than random pistol fire. Honestly it looks like my only riding will be the commute for the foreseeable future.

I did get to scuff in my new TKC80 today. I hit the Edisto portion of the HOCAT on the way home. About half of which was freshly graded and sandy. The TKC ate it up.
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:31 AM   #152
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Tiger View Post
I'll pass on two Am fireworks... But that does sound better than random pistol fire. Honestly it looks like my only riding will be the commute for the foreseeable future.

I did get to scuff in my new TKC80 today. I hit the Edisto portion of the HOCAT on the way home. About half of which was freshly graded and sandy. The TKC ate it up.
Yes, they finally give you something to pivot the back end around. With all that 'tiger power', all the old tracks are new agai
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #153
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

That tire "hooks up" that's for sure. I wish I had bought it in the first place.

On another note, This is what all that dirty minded activity does to riding gear

It looked a little dingy, but damn! Where was all that dirt?
Old 09-21-2012, 01:23 PM   #154
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
9/22/12 riding to Kershaw

My co-worker (the soon to be famous tv star "Max Grip") is going to be driving a race car in the "24 hours of LeMons" this weekend at Kershaw's Carolina Motorsports Park. I think his time to drive starts around 2pm so I'd like to get there around 1pm. This leaves me a lot of ride time in the morning as long as it is reasonably near my travel route. I am hoping someone will post up an early ride near Charleston (headed north) and maybe catch up with the folks that like Manchester forest around 10:30 or so. I'll watch for post here and if I don't see any I'll be leaving from the Burger King at hwy 61 and hwy 7 (sam rittenburg) at 8am and headed north on 61. Hope to see some of you out riding. God bless and best regards, Ken (green KLR RIDER)
BigWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:49 PM   #155
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Wish I could join you, but I can't. If you are headed up near Manchester, look into the state tag game before you leave ;)

Marsh Tiger screwed with this post 09-21-2012 at 07:11 PM
Old 09-21-2012, 03:55 PM   #156
ob1quixote
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
24hrs of Lemons is hilarious!

Have fun, gotta work!
ob1quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #157
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,140
Gotta work too tomorrow, otherwise y'all know I love me some Manchester SF...
Old 09-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #158
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWrench View Post
My co-worker (the soon to be famous tv star "Max Grip") is going to be driving a race car in the "24 hours of LeMons" this weekend at Kershaw's Carolina Motorsports Park. I think his time to drive starts around 2pm so I'd like to get there around 1pm. This leaves me a lot of ride time in the morning as long as it is reasonably near my travel route. I am hoping someone will post up an early ride near Charleston (headed north) and maybe catch up with the folks that like Manchester forest around 10:30 or so. I'll watch for post here and if I don't see any I'll be leaving from the Burger King at hwy 61 and hwy 7 (sam rittenburg) at 8am and headed north on 61. Hope to see some of you out riding. God bless and best regards, Ken (green KLR RIDER)
Looking at the other threads it looks like you had a busy day! Did you get to ride some of the other roads & 2-track at Manchester since the OHV trails were closed today? I'm ready to go back and check on the status of the huge sippy hole on the northern end of Foxville Road, having chickened out twice now on crossing it.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #159
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
9/22/12 rr

Rode some of the wambaw north loop (sugar sand) and dropped the bike on my right heel (just a bruise). Rode willow hall, tiger corner and more on the way up to Kerhaw. 24 hours of LeMons was great. Grabbed the SC and SC LC tags. Manchester ohv is closed except on sundays till hunting season ends so no ride there. 399 miles ~87 miles unpaved. It seems strange that no one is out riding even part of any of these rides or at least posting alternatives. Am I posting this stuff in the right place?

God bless and best regards, Ken
BigWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #160
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Rode some of the wambaw north loop (sugar sand) and dropped the bike on my right heel (just a bruise). Rode willow hall, tiger corner and more on the way up to Kerhaw. 24 hours of LeMons was great. Grabbed the SC and SC LC tags. Manchester ohv is closed except on sundays till hunting season ends so no ride there. 399 miles ~87 miles unpaved. It seems strange that no one is out riding even part of any of these rides or at least posting alternatives. Am I posting this stuff in the right place?

Ken, you're in the right place, I'm out of town, and have the bike apart, and took the catalytic converter out of muffler. Do you know where I can find some 50mm perforated pipe? Not even Parks had any.
Clint
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:32 AM   #161
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:

Sounds like a good day except for the heel bruise. That could stay with you for a while, DAMHIK. I was just trying to point out that there is a lot of riding at Manchester in areas that are not a part of the OHV trail system. As in, open all of the time.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:43 AM   #162
blk-betty
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,243
Quote:

Working this weekend otherwise I would have joined in.

Fall is the best time for riding but also when I've got the most going on.

Keep posting your ride plans and hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you one of these days.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:32 PM   #163
2bikebart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Not sure what season opened up Friday but there were more hunters and dogs in the FMNF Friday evening than you could shake a stick at. Most of them did not look to pleased to see me doing my best impression of Marty Smith comming down the fire roads. Going to head out for a Sunday morning ride on the fire roads in the morning if anyone else is up for a ride reply to the post or shoot me a text threesixfour-3501
2bikebart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #164
625SXC
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 541
I'm going to be house sitting for Mom on Edisto for the week of Oct 16th. Bringing my street bike.... Anything street oriented going on in the Charleston area?
2006 KTM 200 XC-W
2003 KTM 200SX/EXC hybrid
625SXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #165
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 625SXC View Post
I'm going to be house sitting for Mom on Edisto for the week of Oct 16th. Bringing my street bike.... Anything street oriented going on in the Charleston area?

I'd bring the 950... Charleston is much more interesting if you have a dirt road capable bike.