ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 05:41 AM   #241
Jetstreamer
Sandlapper Brapper

Oddometer: 192
Soooooo

Who will be there?

2009 XT250
Jetstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #242
GeektheCreep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Sunday's Ride

I met up with 2bikeBart on Sunday for a tour of Francis Marion. Bart definitely knows the forest better than me. I kept up with my "street slicks". And only ended up adventuring off the trail once. Lots of fun. I might be up to ride this Sunday if anyone is interested.
GeektheCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #243
efi_geek
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I'd like to get in on some rides! Keep us posted. I can ride anyday of the week.

-Tim
efi_geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #244
TDC_ERock
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeektheCreep View Post
I met up with 2bikeBart on Sunday for a tour of Francis Marion. Bart definitely knows the forest better than me. I kept up with my "street slicks". And only ended up adventuring off the trail once. Lots of fun. I might be up to ride this Sunday if anyone is interested.
What kind of bikes were you on? After the new year, I'll be ready to join on my new-to-me DR650.
TDC_ERock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:49 PM   #245
Rev
Asshole

Oddometer: 220
can someone please take me off the email list? i never get replies and have been trying to meet up. no point i guess.

email starts with dmk

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #246
Jetstreamer
Sandlapper Brapper

Oddometer: 192
Why is there an email list? Just wondering wouldn't it be easier to just post here?

2009 XT250
Jetstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:02 PM   #247
Rev
Asshole

Oddometer: 220
supposedly so we can keep the forums uncluttered with the BS, but unfortunately never been ever to get a hold of anyone.

anyway, who is this on the strom

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:34 PM   #248
GeektheCreep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
I was on a KLR650 and Bart was on a XR650. Lots of fun! As far as riding this weekend I am moving on saturday so its really if I have the energy to ride on Sunday.
GeektheCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #249
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
My user ID may have been hacked

While replying to Rev, I lost mouse control. Rebooted, and upon login I only had 6 of my original 17 subscriptions. Reset password, and hope thats' teh end of it.

Rev, sorry for invonvenience. I don't think I've ever seen email from you directly, but don't know most riders by both ADV name and real name. Anyway, I sent out a maintenance email a few weeks back, but got no replies to "be removed". We have a lot of membmers of the email who were not replying, but it may be the spam blockers at my work email address. I' m putting another less restrictive email address in the weekly email group and sending another "request to be removed" out.

Sorry you haven't been able to organize anything. I admit we have waay more members to the group than regular participants, but I assumed that was because of busy schedules or lack of interest in dirt riding.

Clint
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #250
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

REason for email was last minute changes

Early on we missed a few folks because they didn't log on just before heading to a ride, and the organizer moved the time or meeting place, etc. Plus lots of folks only log onto ADV once or twice a week, and quite a few of the weekly rides get organized within 24 hours of taking off.

Clint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer View Post
Why is there an email list? Just wondering wouldn't it be easier to just post here?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #251
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Riding Dec 19-Jan1

Sorry, date should be Dec 29 - Jan1, but it can't be edited now.

I'm headed to Barnwell this weekend to do a little riding. If anyone's interested I'll be cutting new single track on some family land, and possibly riding local dirt roads. Since I've got to put a newly repaired radiator back in Saturday, it will be Sunday riding with a late morning start. There are a number of extra beds in the house, so you're welcome to spend the night Sunday and head back after it warms up Monday (New Years Eve). If anyone's riding the Ho-Cat loop Saturday, it gets pretty close to Barnwell at a couple points, so you're also welcome to break off Ho-Cat and spend Saturday night with us as well.

There's a super WalMart/grocery 5 miles away, so no need to bring anything but bike, and gear for weather. I'll email this to the group, just keep me informed via cell and email if you may join.

Clint

StolenFant screwed with this post 12-27-2012 at 01:58 PM Reason: typo
Old 12-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #252
blk-betty
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,243
Still waiting on the exhasut gaskets from Suzuki dealership to install the new PowerBomb header after my oem snapped off.

Knew I should have just ordered online but wanted to give the local brick and mortar some business. Hopefully they will arrive by Saturday which by the way looks like cold rain.

If I do any riding it will be Sunday and have to work Monday at 8:30 am so no spending the night away from Chas.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #253
rallyeboy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Hey Clint,

I just sent you a private message to get on the email list. Please let me know if you need additional information. Look forward to making the weekly ride sometime. Thanks again for all your efforts.

FYI.... Okiedoke (Hal) and I are planning to ride the HOCAT tomorrow if anyone would like to join us. Not sure what time we are leaving yet.... Probably around 9:30 -10ish. Depending on work schedule. Send me a private message if interested.

Joe

rallyeboy screwed with this post 12-27-2012 at 07:37 PM
rallyeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #254
Cataract2
Where to?

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyeboy View Post
hey clint,

i just sent you a private message to get on the email list. Please let me know if you need additional information. Look forward to making the weekly ride sometime. Thanks again for all your efforts.

Fyi.... Okiedoke (hal) and i are planning to ride the hocat tomorrow if anyone would like to join us. Not sure what time we are leaving yet.... Probably around 9:30 -10ish. Depending on work schedule. Send me a private message if interested.

Joe
hocat?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #255
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

HoCat
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...5&referrerid=0
Also check out Laura0107 fit other mostly dirt gpx files around state like MEOW

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2