ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #301
bloodline
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Going to ride to Atlanta for the supercross race 2/23.

Would like to hit wambaw tomorrow evening or one morning this weekend. The rain should make the north pretty sweet.
bloodline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #302
Charleston
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Nolan and I are going to ride Wamba tomorrow if it is open. We are probably too slow for most of you though.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #303
twistydave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
The KLR folks are awesome. :) all bikes welcomed..... To find the events you may need to register to see REGIONAL FORUMS then LAIR OF THE DRAGON ie: Southeastern.....there is a sticky up top that says events. ALSO, cherokee Chuck rating system is very useful to understand the difficulty level... If you still can't find it PM me
twistydave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #304
GeektheCreep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
I PMed you Dave. Would love to go to this KLR Rally if I could find the damned thing.
GeektheCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:18 PM   #305
Okeedokee
Your Redneck Friend!

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Tiger View Post
Where did you here that?
MT:
Sorry it me until now to respond to this. I think I responded to you via email, but I cant remember now.
Anywho, one of the sales guys up there told me this when I was up there oogling an Explorer. He said they were dumping Triumph, not the other way around. Hummm.
2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer-XC
Okeedokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #306
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,865
Yeah, I came across a craigslist ad last Sunday saying Saturday (the day before) was the last day for triumph sales of accessories, bikes, everything triumph related. A day late and a dollar short. Anyhow American biker sale prices are like regular prices everywhere else. I've never bought anything there. I started to buy a bike there once but they are kinda douches up there. I was up there the other day on my speedy and no one batted an eye like they dont give a sh!t cause they knew they were't dealing them in a few more days. Good riddence....
kalonji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #307
Okeedokee
Your Redneck Friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonji View Post
Yeah, I came across a craigslist ad last Sunday saying Saturday (the day before) was the last day for triumph sales of accessories, bikes, everything triumph related. A day late and a dollar short. Anyhow American biker sale prices are like regular prices everywhere else. I've never bought anything there. I started to buy a bike there once but they are kinda douches up there. I was up there the other day on my speedy and no one batted an eye like they dont give a sh!t cause they knew they were't dealing them in a few more days. Good riddence....
Yup, I guess we'll either be getting another dealer here, or carrying the Tigers to Augusta for warranty. Speaking of which, anyone know anything about the Augusta dealership?
Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #308
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okeedokee View Post
Yup, I guess we'll either be getting another dealer here, or carrying the Tigers to Augusta for warranty. Speaking of which, anyone know anything about the Augusta dealership?
I think they get good reviews but I've gotten great service from Ridge Motorsports in Batesburg.
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #309
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,865
Or is it leesville? Hmmmmm.....
kalonji is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #310
Pumpkinhead
Professional Azzhole

Oddometer: 562
I went in today to pick up the reg for mine. No triumphs on the floor. That sucks. They finally got a mechanic that's got a clue.

Dave
Pumpkinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #311
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,184
Quote:
Or is it leesville? Hmmmmm.....
+1 on Ridge Motorsports in Batesburg-Leesville (the two towns merged in 1992). They help me take care of my Sprint.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:44 AM   #312
runpasthefence
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Quote:
X2

Buncha dickbags. I, unfortunately, made the mistake of buying from them a few years ago. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Triumph kicked them to the curb.
runpasthefence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #313
Okeedokee
Your Redneck Friend!

I just called Triumph customer service in Atlanta to ask about a new dealer, etc. A waste of time, of course.
He did say that his info indicated it was a"voluntary termination" on the part of the dealer.
When I carried my bike to Ladson, I wasn't happy at all with the way they responded to my complaint of my Tiger occasionally having idling problems. I've read all sorts of forum discussion on this problem where the common thought is its a problem with the "stepper motor" related to the throttle bodies. Anywho, I took it up there and asked them to check out the problem. I also made them aware that I was aware of this somewhat widespread problem. Their response was "you cant believe everything you read on the internet" Well, no kidding.
When I picked it up, they said that they "reset the stepper motor and cleaned and adjusted the throttle bodies". When I asked the service mgr. what "resetting the stepper motor meant, he said he didin't know what that meant and couldn't find out 'cause the mechanic was at lunch. How convienent. I knew better than to call back and ask again.
The end result is that the second time I cranked it up after getting it back, it did the exact same thing.
I need a good service department with knowledge of this issue! I'll call Ridge and see what they tell me.
Thanks!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #314
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Resetting the stepper motor is basically turning the ignition off and back on a few times and waiting for the stepper motor to cycle each time. It's the buzzing sound that happens about 30s after you turn off the bike. I wouldn't trust AB to do that, or go anywhere near my throttle bodies.
My guess is, AB was politely asked to resign the dealership. Otherwise, Triumph looks bad for giving it to them in the first place ;)
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #315
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
TDA a klr650.net rally

I'll be leaving Goose Creek Friday around 10 am to head Southwest to Ed & Bernice's fish camp near Tallahassee, FL for the Tour de Appalachacola (use your own spell check). I'll be riding the area all day Saturday and plan to take the slow (fun) way back all day Sunday. Looking at video from last year it looks like a few deep water crossings and sand and mud and other KLR appropriate fun. You (yes, YOU) are welcome to join for any part, or all of this ride. You don't have to ride a KLR, but if KLR bashing is your thing, you might pass on this one. Looking forward to riding with yall sometime.