ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #481
ummpwr
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Ill be joining on my crf250x and maybe another friend on his yz250f
ummpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:31 PM   #482
ummpwr
Adventurer

I plan to go to wambaw this sat Am on my crf250x and a friend on his yz... hope some others can join

Eric
Old 05-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #483
New2Moto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by ummpwr View Post
I plan to go to wambaw this sat Am on my crf250x and a friend on his yz... hope some others can join

Eric

I cannot make it as I vend at the Port Royal farmers market every saturday AM but I was thinking about trailering my bike to the market one day and riding up to these trails. I would get up there around 3-4pm. How long does it take to complete each section? I am very new to riding so I will prob be going much slower than your average pace. I am also on a crf250L.

Thanks! As far as I know these are the only cycle ohv anywhere near Hilton Head
New2Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:49 AM   #484
32x20
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Moto View Post
I cannot make it as I vend at the Port Royal farmers market every saturday AM but I was thinking about trailering my bike to the market one day and riding up to these trails. I would get up there around 3-4pm. How long does it take to complete each section? I am very new to riding so I will prob be going much slower than your average pace. I am also on a crf250L.
We usually plan on about an hour per loop (maybe a little less on the south loop & a little more on the north loop). That's moving along at a fair clip (for me) and taking a couple short breaks at road crossings. If it's your first time out plan on taking more time. There are shortcuts as well at a few places on the loop that are well marked if you're not feeling like the full 18-19mi.
32x20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:35 PM   #485
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Tuesday May 27 evening ride

Deja vu- Leaving Auto Repair Experts garage in Goose Creek at 5:30 PM Tuesday evening to ride the Wambaw cycle trail on the green KLR 650, hope to arrive up there about 7pm taking the FUN route up. Bring $5 for the box, the trail is open 24 hours if you have lighting on your bike. I plan on riding till about 9:30 PM, then riding home to Jim Isle. Some of the controlling powers at Wambaw are considering closing the trail at night. The first time I rode Wambaw at night was in the 80's and I have put many miles on night riding since. Night is perfect for dual sporting as there is very little traffic, the weather is much cooler, and during hunting season it does not interfere with hunting (safer for the rider too). Please consider coming out to ride and see what you'll be missing. Your right to use this property is this way may soon be taken away. DONT MISS OUT.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:30 AM   #486
The Dude Himself
Hooked on Dirt!!

Oddometer: 1,757
Just traded the ktm for an XRR. Hope to go with you next trip!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
The Dude Himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #487
New2Moto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Port Royal SC Farmers Market

To any coastal SC inmates:

Looking for somewhere to ride Sat mornings?
Come out to the Port Royal Farmers Market and come see me and my booth! Mention your from adv rider and I will let you try something on the house! If you come by, this is my booth ...
There is also boiled peanuts, amazing coffee, kettle corn, BBQ, multiple farmers, indian food (really good), perogis, cheeses and olives, grass fed pork and beef... all sorts of great stuff. It is only a a little ways down highway 21 (Ribaut Rd) from downtown Beaufort SC. Sat mornings from 8:30-Noon

Hope to see y'all there sometime!

New2Moto screwed with this post 06-06-2014 at 10:13 PM
New2Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 10:59 AM   #488
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Tuesday Evening Riding Op. June 17,2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWrench View Post
Deja vu- Leaving Auto Repair Experts garage in Goose Creek at 5:30 PM Tuesday evening to ride the Wambaw cycle trail on the green KLR 650, hope to arrive up there about 7pm taking the FUN route up. Bring $5 for the box, the trail is open 24 hours if you have lighting on your bike. I plan on riding till about 9:30 PM, then riding home to Jim Isle. Some of the controlling powers at Wambaw are considering closing the trail at night. The first time I rode Wambaw at night was in the 80's and I have put many miles on night riding since. Night is perfect for dual sporting as there is very little traffic, the weather is much cooler, and during hunting season it does not interfere with hunting (safer for the rider too). Please consider coming out to ride and see what you'll be missing. Your right to use this property is this way may soon be taken away. DONT MISS OUT.
If you said next time, it's next time now I think I will only be riding the south loop, planning on about 1hr 20min or so. Rode Durty Dabbers in PA a couple of weeks ago and Coal Creek this past week. Both were extra challenging with beautiful scenery thrown in. Also rode Devils triangle (mad Maps). If enough non wambaw riders show up there are plenty of good FS roads near wambaw.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #489
ummpwr
Adventurer

Today is the only day you have!

If you like riding do it!

Some friends and I are meeting at wambaw trail head around 430 to 5ish to ride into the evening night.

Yes we will get the best part of the lighted day when its getting cooler and venture into a possible night ride.... thats why we have lights and the both trails are open

look for
Blain

Ken

Ill be testing out my new ride

Also a friend on a yz426f

and possibly a friend on a yz250

Hope to see some new people, Eric aka Max
Old 06-22-2014, 02:36 PM   #490
ob1quixote
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
y'all get a little wet yesterday?
ob1quixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #491
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Wet trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1quixote View Post
y'all get a little wet yesterday?
YES it was a major downpour for a short while, it did wonders for the KLRs sand manners, but I still dropped the bike three times. All 5 of us rode both full loops and finished before dark. Great Fun, hope you can join in next time
Old 06-23-2014, 07:36 PM   #492
ummpwr
Adventurer

It was a very good time last sat! It rained very hard for over 30mins while I was waiting there 430-5 then it slowed down and we road. It was like a different trail with all the water and conditions. lots of fun, we had 5 people in our group

I plan to go out tomorrow (TUE) to wambaw, meet at the trail head about 645-7 and think bigwrench might join and hopefully others.... any other riders out there?????

lots of rain today so it should be harder pack than usual.

Eric aka max
Old 06-24-2014, 07:29 AM   #493
Rusty Jug
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
Looking to ride some trails,
need input! :)
I'm coming to your beautiful area this July. I have talked my wife into letting me pull the small cargo trailer so I can bring my bike crf 450x road legal to Charleston. My wife will visit her aunt. I plan to do some dirt road/ trails riding, never been to your area and road with adventure riders last year in destin fl had a great time!

Anybody recommend a good riding area plus a few guys want to take off work and show me some nice trails:)
Thanks
Todd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rusty Jug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:29 AM   #494
32x20
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Jug View Post
Looking to ride some trails,
need input! :)
I'm coming to your beautiful area this July.

Anybody recommend a good riding area plus a few guys want to take off work and show me some nice trails:)
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnfs...a/?recid=47319

There are lots of dirt roads all over the Francis Marion forest in addition to the 40mi of trail at Wambaw. There's a big loop just south of Charleston all on dirt roads as well (Search HOCAT trail in GPS forum). A CRF would be right at home at Wambaw...dress for hot weather!

Post up when you're in the area. If I'm around I'll ride on weekends and we occasionally get evening/after work rides in at Wambaw as well.

32x20 screwed with this post 06-24-2014 at 08:40 AM
32x20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:14 PM   #495
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Tuesday Evening Ride June 24,2014

Wambaw, see last tuesday for more detail.
See u there.
I'm on the Green KLR650