ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #121
ob1quixote
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Prep mode for www.lbl200.com weekend after this...
Shop flooded in yesterday's rain...
No riding for me!

Better call before you haul, I wouldnt bet on Wambaw being open.
ob1quixote is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:26 PM   #122
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Wambaw or area 9/1/12 early or 9/2/12 afternoon

Sounds good, hopefully Randy will leave it open so us bigger bikes can use it. The CBH Hotline (803-561-4025, then 3) last update was 8/1/12 noting that only the north loop is open. It's $5 to ride unless you have an annual pass (mine expired last week). Saturday I'm free 6am-3pm OR Sunday after 1:30 till dark:30. Monday I may ride up to Parsons Mountain but not sure yet.
God bless and best regards, Ken

BTW Had a great time last week with the Hamilton Ridge (Dual Sport) trip
BigWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #123
2bikebart
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Pretty sure the Wamba is going to be underwater I will check the sign on 41 & 1/2 way creek tomarrow and see what it says. My property had about 4 inches of standing water on it last night and all of the ditches were full of water and It is raining cats and dogs right now. I'm up for a ride saturday it has been over a week since I have been on a bike and I think I am going thru withdrawls.
2bikebart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:28 AM   #124
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bikebart View Post
Pretty sure the Wamba is going to be underwater I will check the sign on 41 & 1/2 way creek tomarrow and see what it says. My property had about 4 inches of standing water on it last night and all of the ditches were full of water and It is raining cats and dogs right now. I'm up for a ride saturday it has been over a week since I have been on a bike and I think I am going thru withdrawls.
Thanks Bart, let us know
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:49 PM   #125
blk-betty
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,368
You guys have fun. I'll be out of town this weekend.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:56 AM   #126
Rev
Asshole

Oddometer: 232
Could someone lend me a hand (and some tools) tomorrow (Friday) do I can get the new shifter and skid plate on my bike with the right torque specs? Thanks

Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:42 AM   #127
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Hey Rev

Rev, if you want to come by the shop after 4pm friday 8/31/12, I should have the tools you need for that. I will be drilling out some broken fasteners on my KLR rack mount. I also am installing new chain, sprockets, front and rear tires and tubes, and rear brake pads so it may be a late night for me. We close down the shop at 4pm on friday and this friday we will convert it into after hours cycle repair (just for the fun of it). ARE Auto Repair Experts, 141 Dragon Way, Goose Creek, SC 29445, 843-873-7626 24/7. On Google at Auto Repair Goose Creek, SC. Hope to see you this evening. God bless and best regards, Ken
Old 08-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #128
Kurlee
2009: A Bike Odyssey

Oddometer: 1,927
Where is the ride happening this weekend? I finally got the weekend off and I'm itching to drop the bike. I texted bart but no reply.
Kurlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #129
2bikebart
Adventurer

Kurlee was out in the FMNF on the XR after work then doing a night ride on the FJR enjoying the blue moon just saw your text. . We are meeting at the BP on Hwy 41 just before you cross over the wando river if you are leaving Mt. Pleasant at 9am address is 2391 Hwy 41, Mt Pleasant, SC 29466, USA

Wamba is Closed!!! or thats what the sign at 1/2 way creek and steed creek said tonight about 7pm. Lots and lots of water out there all of the ditches are full of water and there were several water crossings and one running creek on willow creek road.

The fire roads are fine just the usuall pot holes full of water!!!
Old 09-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #130
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

9-2-2012 BigWrench needs guidance

Yeah, I spent some time in the couselers office in high school, but today I'm hoping for some navagational guidance. I'll be leaving Dodges chicken in Red Top (south of charleston on 17) at 1:45pm today, sunday 9/2/2012 and headed to Orangeburg at hwy 301 and I-26. A large High-power rocket launch is happening up there this weekend called Freedom Launch 2012. I plan on as little pavement as possible and would appreciate any company for any part of the trip. I plan on staying at the launch site for about 1.5 hours then returning by a yet to be decided route. There is no fee for spectators at the launch so come join me if you can. God bless and best regards, Ken

You can text me meeting spots and times along the route and I will try to accomodate them if possible 843-609-5380
Old 09-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #131
bloodline
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 280
bloodline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #132
wawarides
where's Laura0107?

Oddometer: 1,193
We arrived a little after 7 and saw a dust cloud led by a green KLR headed south on Super Sod Blvd. Was that you headed home, Ken? They just launched a bunch of mini hot-air balloons into the night sky.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #133
2bikebart
Adventurer

Great ride yesterday until the bikes started falling over. Will post up more videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lWDaiRy8I0&feature=plcp
Old 09-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #134
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Launch Repaot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107 View Post
We arrived a little after 7 and saw a dust cloud led by a green KLR headed south on Super Sod Blvd. Was that you headed home, Ken? They just launched a bunch of mini hot-air balloons into the night sky.
Sorry I missed yall. That was me, i arrived in time to see a 10 foot tall, 8" diameter rocket fly on a M1297 motor as Dannys level three certification flight. It flew about 4000 feet up. The FAA waiver closed at 7pm so no big flights after that. The planned night launch was scrapped due to low participation. I hope yall get to check it out sometime and look forward to seeing yall again. I bulleted out to try and beat the rain and still get in some dirt roads on the way back to Jim Isle. God bless and best regards, Ken
Old 09-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #135
Marsh Tiger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bikebart View Post
Great ride yesterday until the bikes started falling over. Will post up more videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lWDaiRy8I0&feature=plcp

Dag'gum that look like it hurt...

I sure hope you are OK StolenFant.
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote