Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
Bsimon OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
130 miles on a scoot and a BMW

Hey all,

This is my first ride report - though I lurk in here all the time.

This is my scoot - a 2009 Piaggio BV250. Normally I do not have the Givi bag on the passenger seat but needed it for this ride.

My father in law just purchased his 1200RT Beemer and I convinced him to go on a day trip to the Rocky Boot company store in Nelsonville, Ohio. We picked a date and stuck to it.

We headed out early in the morning to hopefully avoid some of the mid morning traffic headed to the flea markets and antique shows.

The air was cold and bracing. Even though I had on my vented riding pants, I wasn't too cold. I did need to close the vents on my helmet though.

I don't think my father in law had any issues since he has heated....well....everything on his bike.

From A-B the trip was about 65 miles each way give or take. About 50 miles in we needed to take a quick bathroom break and stopped for a quick photo.

After that is when the craziest thing happened to me.

I was riding around 70-72 indicated (probably 63-64 on my bike) and a car full of college kids pulls up on the left hand side of me and the driver looked a bit frantic. She kept looking around like she was trying to get over. I slowed down to let her over when I saw the passenger side rear window open. Oh shit, I thought to myself, these idiots are going to throw something at me! Still traveling around 60, in the blink of an eye a girl's head pops out the window and explodes with a violent, fast puke . I didn't have much time to react, as they were only a car length or two in front of me and trying to pull off onto the shoulder. When I saw this happening, it was almost slow motion. I watched the puke catch the air and sail right over me. I was so close to this I could smell it and almost had to pull off and puke myself. Nasty and amazing at the same time. Not even a spec of it hit me. If it did, I'm not sure I would have had time to pull over, take off my helmet and ralf myself. My father in law was far enough behind me that he didn't even know what happened. All he saw was the car pulled over when he passed.

After that experience, we made it to Rocky Boot

Their selection wasn't enough for my father in law since he wears between a 13-14 but they did have some really cool stuff!

We then headed down the street to a local place called "The Mine" for burgers and sodas. The place was actually quite good and very inexpensive. I'm sure it would be a fun place to tip a few back if you didn't have to ride anywhere for sometime.

The ride back was smooth and uneventful and the scoot didn't miss a beat. I love that bike, 65mph (realistic) all day no problems.
Bsimon is offline   Reply With Quote