Oddometer: 266
It has been difficult.....
"Ride It Like You Stole It!"
Scooterchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #92
ruckuschick
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Perhaps the problem is not that the dealer can't figure out what the problem is. Maybe he knows what the problem is and it's inherent to the brand and model and not fixable with the crappy parts available. Perhaps tehy have been trying to jury rig the problem to make it work. Is Saga a brand he carries more of in his shop? There are tons of dealers out there who just buy a lot of of cheap chinese crap and advertise to sell them, then when the scoots break they say tough shiite. This guy sounds just like that. All he cares about is moving the original stock, and racking in the dough from unsuspecting customers. He could care less what happens after the initial sale. He hopes you will just go away. I hope you don't, you may save teh next customer a lot of grief.
ruckuschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #93
bbishoppcm
It ain't a moped.

Oddometer: 666
If this thread scares anyone in the market for an inexpensive Chinese scooter, it should. This is an extreme case of just what can go wrong when buying a lesser-known brand Chinese scooter. "Saga Canada" is just one of many thousands of importers of motorized vehicles from the murky Chinese motorcycle industry. After purchasing one of these machines, you may experience something similar to what the OP has been experiencing. This is not a "worst case" scenario, as nobody has been physically injured as a result of a manufacturing defect; the losses at this point seem to be monetary and mental anguish related.

Chinese scooters are sold under so many different brand names, it's impossible to document them all. Most of these Chinese scooters will list the manufacturer of origin on the VIN tag, or on the Certificate of Origin. The following is a list of manufacturers who seem to build fairly decent machines, and are well-regarded in the scooter community;

Sym, Kymco, Hyosung, Zongshen, Lifan, PGO (makers of most Buddy models),
LML (maker of the Indian-sourced Vespas), Tomos, and Adly.

As for the manufacturer of the "nightmare on wheels" made famous in this thread? Benzhou.

I have owned a Chinese scooter myself; a 2005 "Primo Pitbull" that was manufactured by Quianjiang (who also makes the Vento Triton). My scooter was a total nightmare; faulty carburetor, engine case leaks, warped wheels, poor fitting plastics, totally inaccurate speedometer (10mph off), and a charging system that didn't actually charge the battery.
bbishoppcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #94
Scooterchick OP
And then what?

Oddometer: 266
Wow....

I think the same people that made your "Pitbull" scooter must have made mine. We had all of the same problems. I kept asking my husband about the speedometer because we always passed this traffic thingee and it never showed what my dash was showing....

We shall NEVER pass this way again!

So, did you burn your bike? haha They are sooo poorly made that you can't even sell the parts to anybody!
"Ride It Like You Stole It!"
Scooterchick is offline   Reply With Quote