Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #211
Cuttle
me? what?

Oddometer: 10,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnktm View Post
Enjoyed the reading and the pics. How do you take the pics while still moving?

left hand.... ?
Old 07-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #212
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Oddometer: 1,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Another great RR. Love looking at the pic's around your neighborhood, keep em coming.
Thanks Bearcat! Glad you checked by. I am having to do some family related stuff fora few weeks with the cage but will be back out soon. Especially in the early Fall! Take care!

R1200GSA, R 80 RT ( adv project )
Honda XR 70 R
Aarrff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #213
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post
I thought the BRP got closed near Craggy due to big cracks in the road... did they reopen?
Hey Gal! We did this ride on July 6th sozI don't know. Not been in touch with local news much lately but if the crack happened after7/6, its prolly still closed. I saw no probems of that nature near Craggy but there are problems all over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post
left hand.... ?
Yep and upside down if I am taking them

Honda XR 70 R
Old 07-19-2013, 09:27 AM   #214
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Quote:
Enjoyed the reading and the pics. How do you take the pics while still moving?
Hey tnktm! On the ride above, my sweetie, mtngal, took most of the pics riding behind me and I have no clue what she does BUT, most of my pics and in most of this entire thread, they are taken by me as I ride. Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT BEING RECOMMENDED AS NORMAL GOOD MOTORCYCLE PRACTICE!!!

I use a waterproof Olympus Camera, point and shoot variety, and that is what I do, just simply point and shoot. It is on the sport setting, and tethered to my neck with a lanyard, on top of my tank bag is a small patch of velcro, opposite velcro on the front of the camera. It sits there fine until I stop at which time I just put it in a front jacket pocket. When a photo op is upcoming, and I miss lots, I pull the camera off the bag with my left hand. The camera is oriented upside down already on the bag. Why? I have to take the shot left handed and holding the camera upside down allows me to use my left thumb to press the shutter button. The lens on this camera is in a front corner of the camera so my fingers do not block it. Then I just rotate the photo when uploading. How's that explanation?...I'll send you an invoice PS: NEVER TAKE YOUR E EYE OFF THE ROAD, just don't do this if you feel a loss of awareness please. Forget looking at your photos until after the ride. Accuracy improves with practice and sometimes you get some cool things you never saw. I can take photos to the sides, twist of the wrist gives you a good rear shot with practice, even from down beside the bike and to the rear then as well. Have fun!

Honda XR 70 R

Aarrff screwed with this post 07-19-2013 at 09:43 AM
Old 07-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #215
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honkey Cat View Post
Great pics
Thanks, mtngal took most of them. Good to hear from you! Hope you are well and getting to ride lots!

Honda XR 70 R
Old 07-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #216
tnktm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Thanks for sharing. I see so many things I'd like to take pictures of but get tired of stopping. Gonna see if I can rig up something like you're doing.
tnktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #217
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Quote:
Thanks for sharing. I see so many things I'd like to take pictures of but get tired of stopping. Gonna see if I can rig up something like you're doing.
Be careful and practice makes for better shots. Be ware of cameras that are not well sealed up like the little point and shoots now that have telescoping lens. mtngal ruined a good panasonic lummix as hurricane force winds( 60-80 mph) blow all kinds of dust and pollen into the lens even if you do not get it wet!!! Then these orbs start following you around in all your photos and growing Those type little lens are apparently not very cleanable at any reasonable cost.

Honda XR 70 R
Old 10-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #218
mtngal
Lil' Rascal

Oddometer: 3
10-20-13 Wolf Creek Falls

Well, we got to the top of the falls but too dangerous to walk out on the edge for a photo so we will come in another way next time and get that photo via the trail head. Mounted up a new set of TKC-80s on the big Adventure so me and mtngal decided to see how they work on a little off road excursion today to see some color. We rode gravel for a while, then got on some gravel, then on some dirt , then on something like mud, then more gravel. Here we head down mtngals driveway which is an adventure in itself! ABS Off!!

Headed on up the road toward Max Patch

Mountain Atlantic Ocean Boardwalk...beach closed today...

Not sure which came first...tree or stone?

Ready to descend again...I am not sure what mtngal is getting me into!!! 1/3 mile to hell probably...

I just dropped her off and headed home....

Naw, she's just laughing at me so I guess I'll go back and get her....( actually Wolf Creek Falls is below this ford but no shoes to climb down there today and get a photo so you just get to watch me run back and forth through the creek )

Rock...

Sourwood leaves...

Lots of yellow color...

The girls are always prettier on the other side of the fence.

This pretty gal will be waiting a long time for mail here...

We still have not figured out this sign....

Not sure which is the restaurant, which is the grocery store, but I can see the gas station.....maybe we will go to Hot Sprangs fer dinner...

The Bridge over River Broad

Til next time
Old 10-21-2013, 05:29 AM   #219
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

I wondered why this went to a moderator last night. Forgot I was on my sweetie's cputer so it went under her avatar.....that is fine cause I been trying to get her to post more anyway. Her avatar is her dog "Murphee" who is rather wolf like in appearance and our big protector and bud.

Honda XR 70 R
Old 10-27-2013, 06:29 AM   #220
_anatic
Plated

Oddometer: 1,132

Murphee is a sweetheart, nice pics!!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:57 AM   #221
daGeeeze
Geeezed lightning

Oddometer: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrff View Post
I wondered why this went to a moderator last night. Forgot I was on my sweetie's cputer so it went under her avatar.....that is fine cause I been trying to get her to post more anyway. Her avatar is her dog "Murphee" who is rather wolf like in appearance and our big protector and bud.
The last time I went through Del Rio and saw that bridge I was taking my final drive to BMW Asheville for repair. $400 later I'm back in business. Going to take a ride to Wallback, WV possibly via Point Pleasant, WV come Friday morning.

Pat aka Geeeze
daGeeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #222
magicmark1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Rides look great. Thanks for all the pics, I thoroughly enjoyed the tour of charleston :p Architecture there looks great.
magicmark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #223
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by daGeeeze View Post
The last time I went through Del Rio and saw that bridge I was taking my final drive to BMW Asheville for repair. $400 later I'm back in business. Going to take a ride to Wallback, WV possibly via Point Pleasant, WV come Friday morning.
Wow! So apparently it was more than the seal! Guess you are out on the ride now. Let me know how it does.

Honda XR 70 R

Aarrff screwed with this post 11-02-2013 at 12:53 PM
Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #224
Aarrff OP
Gravel Grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by _anatic View Post

Murphee is a sweetheart, nice pics!!
Thanks for checking in. Yeah he looks a bit wild in that photo but just a big pet! He is getting more defensive of his turf though as he matures. You'll have to drop by and throw a few sticks for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmark1 View Post
Rides look great. Thanks for all the pics, I thoroughly enjoyed the tour of charleston :p Architecture there looks great.
Hey magicmark1!! "Chucktown" was a hoot. Not our usual area to ride but we had a good time and found it to be a fun ride as well. Hope to head more to the west this coming year. Thanks for checking in on our thread!

Honda XR 70 R
Old 11-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #225
daGeeeze
Geeezed lightning

Oddometer: 1,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrff View Post
Wow! So apparently it was more than the seal! Guess you are out on the ride now. Let me know how it does.
It works just fine now. I must have about 700 miles on it, maybe more. Not a sign of oil but I have a constant brake failure light so I think it wobbled enough to damage the sensor.

I'm up in Wallback now, heading home Monday. On the bike so I have my eyes on this weather! Brought my Gerbings jacket liner so cold is okay as long as it stays dry. It's raining as I type this though.:eek:

Noted by Pat

Pat aka Geeeze
daGeeeze is offline   Reply With Quote