Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #31
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsconDeasy View Post

......but seriously, I am going to wait until 2015 when they will have four doors, six seats, turbo, four wheel drive, 20" wheels, roof rack, tow package and rear view camera.

aaahhhh, America

Ugh....I think that just made me nauseous.
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #32
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,682
As if the 500 wasn't already cool enough... they managed to get one in front of a Google Street view car... when it was mapping VW HQ

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #33
Brad Felmey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
As if the 500 wasn't already cool enough... they managed to get one in front of a Google Street view car... when it was mapping VW HQ

Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #34
bisbonian OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Ooh...excellent -- how does the shifter/clutch feel in the 500 compare to the Miata?
The clutch is really light and the shifter is sort of rubbery and long. However there is a short shifter on the market that I'm seriously considering installing but I have to save up some $$$ first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailhead View Post
but I would like to know it feels on long stretches of interstate.
It feels like a solid car. There's plenty of interior space and Fiat did a good job with noise reduction. Of course my comparison for that is my Insight and before that the Miata so my interior noise meter may be out of calibration. I think too much is made of the small size meaning that it will be horrible on the highway. It drives down the highway at 80 better than my wife's Matrix. Other than driving it home from Tempe on I-10 we took it back up to Tucson last weekend on I-10, a bit over 100 miles each way. I have nothing to report that would be any different than any other car I've own except that I got better views out the window than I did in my Magnum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crampfan View Post
200 Miles from the dealer? this will not end well.
One of the bright spots about Fiat taking control of Chrysler is that the local Chrysler dealer can perform the service and warranty work for the Fiat. Okay maybe that's not a plus .

I took a chance that the Fiat would be as reliable as my Guzzi has proven to be; only time will tell if this was a gamble that I will live to regret or will be a non-issue. I expect that more dealers will pop up closer to home eventually, the dealer I bought from had only been open for a week and a half, and while Bisbee will never get a dealer of its own I can foresee one in Tucson and if I'm really lucky Sierra Vista.

As I get more used to driving the car it becomes more fun. Engaging the sport button allows for a big increase in off-the-line acceleration and the handling is very nice.

I've got just under 1000 miles on it right now.

bisbonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #35
cornercarver
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 18,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbonian View Post
It drives down the highway at 80 better than my wife's Matrix.
As a former Matrix owner, this doesn't strike me as a particularly high bar.
cornercarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:25 PM   #36
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,916
Quote:
The clutch is really light and the shifter is sort of rubbery and long. However there is a short shifter on the market that I'm seriously considering installing but I have to save up some $$$ first.

It feels like a solid car. There's plenty of interior space and Fiat did a good job with noise reduction. Of course my comparison for that is my Insight and before that the Miata so my interior noise meter may be out of calibration. I think too much is made of the small size meaning that it will be horrible on the highway. It drives down the highway at 80 better than my wife's Matrix. Other than driving it home from Tempe on I-10 we took it back up to Tucson last weekend on I-10, a bit over 100 miles each way. I have nothing to report that would be any different than any other car I've own except that I got better views out the window than I did in my Magnum.

One of the bright spots about Fiat taking control of Chrysler is that the local Chrysler dealer can perform the service and warranty work for the Fiat. Okay maybe that's not a plus .

I took a chance that the Fiat would be as reliable as my Guzzi has proven to be; only time will tell if this was a gamble that I will live to regret or will be a non-issue. I expect that more dealers will pop up closer to home eventually, the dealer I bought from had only been open for a week and a half, and while Bisbee will never get a dealer of its own I can foresee one in Tucson and if I'm really lucky Sierra Vista.

As I get more used to driving the car it becomes more fun. Engaging the sport button allows for a big increase in off-the-line acceleration and the handling is very nice.

I've got just under 1000 miles on it right now.

Thanks

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:05 PM   #37
Vt-Stromer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 775

4 or 5 Abarth's At the Carlisle import show last weekend.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:20 PM   #38
bisbonian OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 973
Rumor is that the 500T could come over for 2013.

This would be positioned between the 500 Sport and the Abarth, it would have the Euro Abarth engine with about 135hp and would be priced about midway between the Sport and the Abarth.

bisbonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #39
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Quote:
Rumor is that the 500T could come over for 2013.

This would be positioned between the 500 Sport and the Abarth, it would have the Euro Abarth engine with about 135hp and would be priced about midway between the Sport and the Abarth.

I hope so I hope so I hope so!

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
Old 05-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #40
Nailhead
Painting by numbers

Oddometer: 6,075
Quote:
Thanks-- just what I was looking for.

'7? Benelli 650S, '80 BMW R100 RS, '07 KTM 990 Adventure
Nailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:24 PM   #41
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,300
IF I buy a new car, in the next odd years to come, it will be an Abarth. I like Lucifermutt love the Abarth 500 and would love to have one. I hope they come out with a turbo 230hp version in the next few years.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #42
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra

Oddometer: 47,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
IF I buy a new car, in the next odd years to come, it will be an Abarth. I like Lucifermutt love the Abarth 500 and would love to have one. I hope they come out with a turbo 230hp version in the next few years.
It's a tiny car.

more than 200 hp on that thing will be kinda useless
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:39 AM   #43
UnderNewOwnership
Thread Slayer

Oddometer: 3,338
Even with only 200 hp (for the Trofeo version), you will soil your undergarments:

UnderNewOwnership is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #44
vtwin
Air cooled runnin' mon

Oddometer: 7,038
Reminds me of the Champion Spark Plug Challenge and seeing the Renault LeCars duking it out with the Alliances, Dodge Colts, Arrows, etc. LeCars would flip like that and usually not recover. Good fun.

"You only have too much fuel if you're on fire"
unknown
vtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #45
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Any updates? Can't stop thinking about these little gems...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: