ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #91
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over
 
DockingPilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Andover, N.J.
Oddometer: 9,386
Fabulous !!!!
Yeloow Jacket is awesome aint it ? Great RR fellas !
__________________
Frank Reinbold

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #92
silverspurs OP
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot View Post
Fabulous !!!!
Yeloow Jacket is awesome aint it ? Great RR fellas !

I've been into the Big Horn Crags several times, but never to Yellowjacket... I always wondered what was down that road!!?? I love the challenge for getting me out there to find out!!
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #93
Idahosam
Set Adrift
 
Idahosam's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Mostly sitting on my ass recovering
Oddometer: 4,120
It's sad, looks like the ole girls going fast now. I was up there two years ago and I made a comment about it








__________________
My Ride South of the Border
Riding Nevada's Pony Express Trail May 2013

To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.
Aldous Huxley
Idahosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #94
silverspurs OP
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 859
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idahosam View Post
It's sad, looks like the ole girls going fast now. I was up there two years ago and I made a comment about it








Time is not kind to any of us... I'm looking a bit run down my self!!!

silverspurs screwed with this post 08-07-2012 at 11:34 PM
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #95
silverspurs OP
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 859
Loon Creek GS to Pinyon Peak??

obviously the Beaver Creek and Seafoam roads are closed right now with the big fire burning there... but does anyone know if the Loon Creek GS to Pinyon Peak road is open??
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #96
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer
 
obrianmcc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
obviously the Beaver Creek and Seafoam roads are closed right now with the big fire burning there... but does anyone know if the Loon Creek GS to Pinyon Peak road is open??
I was under the impression that Pinyon was smack dab in the middle of the area closure......
__________________
2006 DRZ 400 E / Plated - 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:34 PM   #97
silverspurs OP
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
I was under the impression that Pinyon was smack dab in the middle of the area closure......
it may very well be... when we first saw the fire last Monday from Twin Peaks LO, the fire was several miles West of Pinyon, mostly in the Beaver Creek Langer areas... but it is burning toward the East and has grown a lot since then... I'll have to try to get a map of the closure area if they have one on-line...
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #98
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer
 
obrianmcc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 561
Looks like I might have been mistaken.... I think Pinyon is still north of the closure and access might still be possible from the Bonanza side....

http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3062/
__________________
2006 DRZ 400 E / Plated - 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #99
silverspurs OP
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
Looks like I might have been mistaken.... I think Pinyon is still north of the closure and access might still be possible from the Bonanza side....

http://www.inciweb.org/incident/3062/

Sooo... has anyone been in to Pinyon Peak from Loon Creek lately??
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #100
silverspurs OP
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
Sooo... has anyone been in to Pinyon Peak from Loon Creek lately??
bump on this question... anyone tried to get in there?? is the road open?
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:10 PM   #101
obrianmcc
Studly Adventurer
 
obrianmcc's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Boise Idaho
Oddometer: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
bump on this question... anyone tried to get in there?? is the road open?
"The Halstead Fire Emergency Area Closure (Order Number: 04-13-12-521) went into effect August 3, 2012 for all access points to the Cape Horn Area, all access to the Seafoam Bubble, all access to the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness (FCRONRW) that is east of the Middle Fork Wild and Scenic River Corridor, east of Bluebunch Ridge, and north of Lola Creek, National Forest lands north of Hwy 21 & 75 to Sunbeam and west of Yankee Fork Road to Loon Creek Guard Station. The Pinyon Peak Road in its entirety is closed. Forest roads north of Loon Creek Guard Station are closed."
__________________
2006 DRZ 400 E / Plated - 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

OBR ADV Gear
Website - www.obradvgear.com
Facebook - OBR ADV Gear
obrianmcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #102
silverspurs OP
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
"The Halstead Fire Emergency Area Closure (Order Number: 04-13-12-521) went into effect August 3, 2012 for all access points to the Cape Horn Area, all access to the Seafoam Bubble, all access to the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness (FCRONRW) that is east of the Middle Fork Wild and Scenic River Corridor, east of Bluebunch Ridge, and north of Lola Creek, National Forest lands north of Hwy 21 & 75 to Sunbeam and west of Yankee Fork Road to Loon Creek Guard Station. The Pinyon Peak Road in its entirety is closed. Forest roads north of Loon Creek Guard Station are closed."
thanks!... with the Trinity Peak area also closed, it really is going to make getting 45 of the 48 sites for a platinum sticker a difficult thing... hope things change soon!...
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #103
BigKnobby
Adventurer
 
BigKnobby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Not where I want to be - yet.
Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverspurs View Post
being from Boise, you know there are more miles of dirt road and trails within a couple hundred miles of Boise than most folks can ride in their lifetime... yet most of us don't ride many of them... I'm glad for the challenge...
Good god... I hope to settle in Boise after I retire in a couple or three years. The dual sport scene is the sole reason behind my desire to move there. My plan is to saddle up and eventually die with my riding boots on. Reading stuff like this makes it almost impossible for me to wait.
BigKnobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:41 AM   #104
bavarian
bavarian
 
bavarian's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Munich, Bavaria
Oddometer: 1,769
Really enjoyed your ride reports and thanks for the time you took to let us ride with you! There's so many places over the pond to ride on dirt roads - makes me really envious!! So many places to ride - so little time! Looks like a perfect place for my retirement! Need an old (62) ranch hand?? No pay, but a suggestion for a ride once a while.
__________________
R 1100 GS
K75C
DR 350
bavarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:16 PM   #105
silverspurs OP
what's over there?
 
silverspurs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: E-DA-HOW
Oddometer: 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKnobby View Post
Good god... I hope to settle in Boise after I retire in a couple or three years. The dual sport scene is the sole reason behind my desire to move there. My plan is to saddle up and eventually die with my riding boots on. Reading stuff like this makes it almost impossible for me to wait.
we'll look for ya!! let us know when you get here and we'll go ridin'....
silverspurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014