ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #481
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer
 
Chad_NC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Lillington, NC
Oddometer: 3,750
RD I think you need to give Jr a little more credit. He's a tagging machine when he don't have to work
__________________
Chad
09 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
09 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:56 AM   #482
Jrjoyce2007
ADVenture Addict
 
Jrjoyce2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 871
I went to work til 1700 yesterday, and had to be in at 0630 this morning. I'm just young and the body can handle abuse. But that doesn't mean I'm worth a shit drinking : :p

via the little yellow rocket
Jrjoyce2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #483
truck6driver
The Fireman
 
truck6driver's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Hope Mills, N.C.
Oddometer: 7,116
Do you have a drop location already picked out yet?

What state are you looking at?


Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #484
gimpy9195
Studly Adventurer
 
gimpy9195's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Sumter, SC
Oddometer: 801
Ray... Not SC.. Hehe..


-Gimpy the rocket powered BMW rider
gimpy9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #485
Jrjoyce2007
ADVenture Addict
 
Jrjoyce2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 871
Made it to Florida finally. Just kidding....

New TAG!



There are 2 cannons by the monument.

Reach into the correct cannon for a : goodie :

The wrong cannon is rigged with a mouse trap.

A little hint:


via the little yellow rocket

Jrjoyce2007 screwed with this post 01-04-2013 at 05:18 PM
Jrjoyce2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #486
gimpy9195
Studly Adventurer
 
gimpy9195's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Sumter, SC
Oddometer: 801
So evil!


-Gimpy on the iCouch
gimpy9195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #487
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,509
Is there a clue in that photo? Kind of looks like the Washington Monument to me, and that is out of bounds.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #488
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash
 
5punksdad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Front Royal, VA
Oddometer: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Is there a clue in that photo? Kind of looks like the Washington Monument to me, and that is out of bounds.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
the Washington Monument is slightly larger than that

"Weighing 81,120 tons, the Washington Monument stands 555' 5-1/8" tall. The walls of the monument range in thickness from 15' at the base to 18'' at the upper shaft. They are composed primarily of white marble blocks from Maryland with a few from Massachusetts, underlain by Maryland blue gneiss and Maine granite. A slight color change is perceptible at the 150' level near where construction slowed in 1854. Inserted into the interior walls are 193 memorial stones presented by individuals, societies, cities, States, and nations of the world. Attached to in independent iron framework, flights of 896 steps surround an elevator which takes visitors to the observation level, where they can gaze over the city from the monument's pyramidion windows."
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #489
Jrjoyce2007
ADVenture Addict
 
Jrjoyce2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 871
Donkey, you really don't know where this is at one glance??

via the little yellow rocket
Jrjoyce2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #490
Jrjoyce2007
ADVenture Addict
 
Jrjoyce2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 871
I'll give it a couple hours and throw up my hint picture.

via the little yellow rocket
Jrjoyce2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #491
Jrjoyce2007
ADVenture Addict
 
Jrjoyce2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrjoyce2007 View Post
I'll give it a couple hours and throw up my hint picture.

via the little yellow rocket
A couple hours have past. I want another beer to pick up.

Hint photo attached to tag post

via the little yellow rocket
Jrjoyce2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #492
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer
 
Chad_NC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Lillington, NC
Oddometer: 3,750
We could always wait for the ADV dinner to do a group tag....
__________________
Chad
09 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
09 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #493
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,509
I'm an idiot. I got so wrapped up in my smartass remark, I completely failed to recognize this as a place I've ridden by a hundred times.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #494
truck6driver
The Fireman
 
truck6driver's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Hope Mills, N.C.
Oddometer: 7,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5punksdad View Post
the Washington Monument is slightly larger than that

"Weighing 81,120 tons, the Washington Monument stands 555' 5-1/8" tall. The walls of the monument range in thickness from 15' at the base to 18'' at the upper shaft. They are composed primarily of white marble blocks from Maryland with a few from Massachusetts, underlain by Maryland blue gneiss and Maine granite. A slight color change is perceptible at the 150' level near where construction slowed in 1854. Inserted into the interior walls are 193 memorial stones presented by individuals, societies, cities, States, and nations of the world. Attached to in independent iron framework, flights of 896 steps surround an elevator which takes visitors to the observation level, where they can gaze over the city from the monument's pyramidion windows."

Geek.


Someone knows their US History.


Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:08 PM   #495
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer
 
Chad_NC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Lillington, NC
Oddometer: 3,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck6driver View Post
Geek.


Someone knows their US History.


Ray
Yup Google!


You got this via Crapatalk
__________________
Chad
09 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
09 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014