ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #91
binskies
Gnarly Adventurer
 
binskies's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatrur View Post
Let's say BJ brewpub in your previous email. I will bring maps, etc. Would 5-5:30 work?
Sounds good to me! See you there.
__________________

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!"
binskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:38 AM   #92
Asatrur OP
Newbie KLR adv rider
 
Asatrur's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Longmont, CO
Oddometer: 1,183
Anyone else coming tonight? We are working on ride ideas, etc.
Here is a little item to whet the appetite. I am trying to get info on this ride.
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=9242
__________________
00 KLR650
04 Connie - Sold, but looking again!
I wonder what is over that dirt thingamagig?
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #93
robbie7878
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: colorado
Oddometer: 15
looks nice. any idea where it is?
robbie7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #94
NKOrange
Puny homer
 
NKOrange's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Flowing with it
Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatrur View Post
Let's say BJ brewpub in your previous email. I will bring maps, etc. Would 5-5:30 work?
I will try to make it tonight, but if I don't, where and when is tomorrow's gathering?

I rode a bit around the Monarch pass/Pitkin/Tincup area last weekend and have some suggestions.
__________________

7 times down, 8 times up. Such is life.
NKOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:41 AM   #95
robbie7878
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: colorado
Oddometer: 15
tomorow's meeting is at the mcdonalds, I25 and Hwy. 119 at noon.
robbie7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #96
Asatrur OP
Newbie KLR adv rider
 
Asatrur's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Longmont, CO
Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie7878 View Post
looks nice. any idea where it is?
It is about 100 miles S of Salida. Ramz send me an email with some ride suggestions that we can review at the next two meetings.
__________________
00 KLR650
04 Connie - Sold, but looking again!
I wonder what is over that dirt thingamagig?
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #97
robbie7878
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: colorado
Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatrur View Post
It is about 100 miles S of Salida. Ramz send me an email with some ride suggestions that we can review at the next two meetings.
awesome!
i think postponing this trip was a good idea. better view now then two mos ago.
robbie7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #98
binskies
Gnarly Adventurer
 
binskies's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatrur View Post
It is about 100 miles S of Salida. Ramz send me an email with some ride suggestions that we can review at the next two meetings.
I'm not going to make it tonight, I feel like poop. Barely made it through work...
__________________

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!"
binskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #99
Asatrur OP
Newbie KLR adv rider
 
Asatrur's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Longmont, CO
Oddometer: 1,183
alright, let's cancel tonight since it was just you me for sure. get better
__________________
00 KLR650
04 Connie - Sold, but looking again!
I wonder what is over that dirt thingamagig?
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #100
Asatrur OP
Newbie KLR adv rider
 
Asatrur's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Longmont, CO
Oddometer: 1,183
Robert and I met and with the assistance of a Salida inmate, we came up with this route for Saturdays ride. I think this is around 150 miles, so it should be an all day ride depending our pace. We are looking at leaving around 7-8 on Saturday morning.

Friday, Robert and I are shooting to arrive in Salida around Noon and go over and meet Hayduke to get some advice on Friday afternoon/evening riding and are shooting to back at the cabin by 6-7 on Friday evening for 2fast and any others who come in Friday evening.

We need to figure out how to hook up with folks coming in on Saturday morning. My cell is 720-340-043nine, so give us a call and we can get some ideas thrown together on meeting up.

Saturday night, we work on ideas for getting back via some cool riding.

Here is who I have for attendes and when. Let me know if this is not right.
Me F- Su
Robert F - Su
2fastlx - Friday/Sa night and sunday riding
Robin/Binksies - s/Su
Ryan/Hughesatron - Sat only
CJ - In for Sa night
NkOrange - Maybe - any status?
__________________
00 KLR650
04 Connie - Sold, but looking again!
I wonder what is over that dirt thingamagig?
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #101
binskies
Gnarly Adventurer
 
binskies's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatrur View Post
Robert and I met and with the assistance of a Salida inmate, we came up with this route for Saturdays ride. I think this is around 150 miles, so it should be an all day ride depending our pace. We are looking at leaving around 7-8 on Saturday morning.

Friday, Robert and I are shooting to arrive in Salida around Noon and go over and meet Hayduke to get some advice on Friday afternoon/evening riding and are shooting to back at the cabin by 6-7 on Friday evening for 2fast and any others who come in Friday evening.

We need to figure out how to hook up with folks coming in on Saturday morning. My cell is 720-340-043nine, so give us a call and we can get some ideas thrown together on meeting up.

Saturday night, we work on ideas for getting back via some cool riding.

Here is who I have for attendes and when. Let me know if this is not right.
Me F- Su
Robert F - Su
2fastlx - Friday/Sa night and sunday riding
Robin/Binksies - s/Su
Ryan/Hughesatron - Sat only
CJ - In for Sa night
NkOrange - Maybe - any status?
You can change me to Fri/Sat/Sun
__________________

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!"
binskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #102
Asatrur OP
Newbie KLR adv rider
 
Asatrur's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Longmont, CO
Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by binskies View Post
You can change me to Fri/Sat/Sun
: freaky
__________________
00 KLR650
04 Connie - Sold, but looking again!
I wonder what is over that dirt thingamagig?
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #103
binskies
Gnarly Adventurer
 
binskies's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatrur View Post
: freaky
Just to be clear, I have the day off so I'm planning on heading down Friday morning with you, if that's okay.
__________________

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!"
binskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #104
robbie7878
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: colorado
Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by binskies View Post
Just to be clear, I have the day off so I'm planning on heading down Friday morning with you, if that's okay.
Absolutely. Want to meet us at the target at 36 and 287? That's where we're leaving from.

C
robbie7878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #105
binskies
Gnarly Adventurer
 
binskies's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Denver
Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie7878 View Post
Absolutely. Want to meet us at the target at 36 and 287? That's where we're leaving from.

C
What time?
__________________

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!"
binskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014