Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #16
Mtl_Biker
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 553
My dealer changed the brake lever to the adjustable one (which I thought was the one I ordered originally) and this one fits ABOVE the foot peg. Even if the other one does fit, I didn't like it because it would be the lowest point on that side of the bike and the first spot to scrape ground in tight leaned over corning.

Tried to install it last night and couldn't get the original bolt open. Ended up rounding the head of the bolt and now it's going to have to be drilled out. SIGH I don't know if it was over-torqued at the factory or if they used Red Loctite or what, but even with a properly fitting torx bit I just couldn't get it off.

Luckily I've got my first service on the bike in the morning and I'll get the dealer to fix it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryrican View Post
It is the right brake lever, it threw me off when I got mine since it curves under the foot peg but it fits and works fine.
Mtl_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #17
murdock84 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
[QUOTE=Mtl_Biker;21129248
Tried to install it last night and couldn't get the original bolt open. Ended up rounding the head of the bolt and now it's going to have to be drilled out. SIGH I don't know if it was over-torqued at the factory or if they used Red Loctite or what, but even with a properly fitting torx bit I just couldn't get it off..[/QUOTE]

Had almost the same problem here as well. I think it had blue locktite on. My stupid torx head was also stripped out when it finally came out. I re-tapped the hole and put a bolt with a standard box end wrench head in there. I had trouble getting a few screws and bolts out and back in the bike during mods. I bought a tap and die kit and that has been the ticket.
murdock84 is offline   Reply With Quote