Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > 2 smokers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
frdbronco8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
My buddy picked one of those up recently not knowing what it was and sure enough broke the front fender in half as he went into a tree.... Anyone ever get plastics for one before? Its not as nice as that one but its in pretty darn good shape. If he can get it fixed he is going to sell it for sure and get one for riding.

I was thinking that TM front fender might be close but i cant even find where to get one of those..
frdbronco8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
averagejoe OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Better pics

averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #18
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by frdbronco8 View Post
My buddy picked one of those up recently not knowing what it was and sure enough broke the front fender in half as he went into a tree.... Anyone ever get plastics for one before? Its not as nice as that one but its in pretty darn good shape. If he can get it fixed he is going to sell it for sure and get one for riding.

I was thinking that TM front fender might be close but i cant even find where to get one of those..
Any KTM dealer should be able to get you one with the proper vin#, however many dealer personnel don't have a clue.
I would call Munn Racing, talk to Chip or Dan.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:21 AM   #19
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

So, Joe, ya gonna do right by that scooter or make us all come over and beat you with a bat?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #20
frdbronco8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
Any KTM dealer should be able to get you one with the proper vin#, however many dealer personnel don't have a clue.
I would call Munn Racing, talk to Chip or Dan.
We will try that out thanks. Now he just has to figure out how to get the sticker off of whats left of his front fender to put on the new one ha
frdbronco8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:01 PM   #21
Fubars
What would Scoobydo?

Oddometer: 1,722
Fubars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #22
averagejoe OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
So, Joe, ya gonna do right by that scooter or make us all come over and beat you with a bat?
Im going to sell it. Just getting some things lined up.
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:07 PM   #23
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 786
whats with all the talk about not riding it? seems everybody here lost a nut or something! KTM built that bike to RIDE! not let it sit and look pretty. Rare or not go out and enjoy that thing they way KTM intended! Even if I had the very last 1969 CB750 I would still ride that bitch until it blew up. of course fix what you break with what parts you can get and keep it clean and take care of it but for the love of god don't let it wind up in some stupid bike museum never getting used! Thats not what motorcycles and dirt bikes are for. prove me wrong!
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #24
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
whats with all the talk about not riding it? seems everybody here lost a nut or something! KTM built that bike to RIDE! not let it sit and look pretty. Rare or not go out and enjoy that thing they way KTM intended! Even if I had the very last 1969 CB750 I would still ride that bitch until it blew up. of course fix what you break with what parts you can get and keep it clean and take care of it but for the love of god don't let it wind up in some stupid bike museum never getting used! Thats not what motorcycles and dirt bikes are for. prove me wrong!

tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #25
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,679
I'd want to ride that bike but wouldn't be able to. I'd go crazy knowing I have it and can't ride it....I'd sell it
Old 06-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #26
webmonstro
A Aventura Continua....

Oddometer: 504
Quote:
+1 on that man !
It's a dirt bike , it's blue , ride it !
yamaha,sherco, and TM make a bunch of them just like it every day and in the same color !

I say ride it , it's www.advRIDER.com not www.advLOOKER.com

give it to me i'll ride it!

so it's got some guy's name on a sticker on it ? so what ? did John himself glue it on ?

will Mr Pinton pay for the pre-mix ? no, you will so use it !

i'd rather have my name on it

you guys sound like harley owners !!!

Nuno
webmonstro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #27
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmonstro View Post
+1 on that man !
It's a dirt bike , it's blue , ride it !
yamaha,sherco, and TM make a bunch of them just like it every day and in the same color !

I say ride it , it's www.advRIDER.com not www.advLOOKER.com

give it to me i'll ride it!

so it's got some guy's name on a sticker on it ? so what ? did John himself glue it on ?

will Mr Pinton pay for the pre-mix ? no, you will so use it !

i'd rather have my name on it

you guys sound like harley owners !!!

Nuno
VALUE. That's why.

Plus for half what that bike is worth, you can have a newer bike with better suspension. There's tons of bikes out there that got/get "tha shit ridden out of em" that will ride the same.

You know how there's always that 69 Camaro with 10k miles on it at Barrett Jackson you lust over?

Same thing
Old 06-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #28
GR0NK
Got some screws loose!

Oddometer: 1,726
Quote:
VALUE. That's why.

Plus for half what that bike is worth, you can have a newer bike with better suspension. There's tons of bikes out there that got/get "tha shit ridden out of em" that will ride the same.

You know how there's always that 69 Camaro with 10k miles on it at Barrett Jackson you lust over?

Same thing

Ditto.

Sean

Nullus Vereor ex Terra Incognita
GR0NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #29
Sub Zero
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 786
Quote:
VALUE. That's why.

Same thing

I value it as a dirt bike. nothing more nothing less. Of course if i got it for way less then its ACTUALLY worth, I would ride it and fix what i break until i run out of parts to buy. I wouldn't pay top dollar for some limited edition bike. I think it would be cool knowing I get to ride and enjoy a dirt bike that was made in very limited qualities. doesn't mean I'm going to turn around and sell it for more on the off chance theres a guy that wants it as a baseball card. I'm not into bikes to make money, im here to ride em! but hey, opinions are like assholes.... cuz everybody has one.
Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #30
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Quote:
I value it as a dirt bike. nothing more nothing less. Of course if i got it for way less then its ACTUALLY worth, I would ride it and fix what i break until i run out of parts to buy. I wouldn't pay top dollar for some limited edition bike. I think it would be cool knowing I get to ride and enjoy a dirt bike that was made in very limited qualities. doesn't mean I'm going to turn around and sell it for more on the off chance theres a guy that wants it as a baseball card. I'm not into bikes to make money, im here to ride em! but hey, opinions are like assholes.... cuz everybody has one.
There's too many $800-1200 1998 200exc out there that don't have a special VIN and such.

I would have it in running condition and tool around the yard to keep things in order, but my "race" bikes are usually pretty worn after two seasons.

It wouldn't get subjected to the abuses of my trail rides