Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 08:40 AM   #16
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,370
For my usage, the remote on/off was the only thing missing. Thanks for all your feedback on this..

The GoPro support team have always replied to my inquiries in a timely manner and when one of my cameras crapped out, they replaced it no questions asked. Gotta like that service.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #17
Dajudge70
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I had problems updating the wifi backpack also. I finally rebooted the computer and everything worked fine. Mine was hanging up on "updating firmware of the backpack." so if you run into this, reboot the machine and try again.
Dajudge70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:37 AM   #18
Dogscout
Been there done that

Oddometer: 1,379
I am a bit annoyed with this. There are three items that need charged. Backpack, camera, remote. I bought the camera and wifi kit for a trip I'm planning to Africa and I'll have limited USB ports available to charge things. I'm really hoping that the battery life n this is better than a few hours.

Any thoughts on keeping these all charged easily?
Old 06-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #19
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogscout View Post
I am a bit annoyed with this. There are three items that need charged. Backpack, camera, remote. I bought the camera and wifi kit for a trip I'm planning to Africa and I'll have limited USB ports available to charge things. I'm really hoping that the battery life n this is better than a few hours.

You don't need to charge USB devices using a computer. You can get a plug-in AC adapter that includes multiple USB ports for charging. For example.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #20
John Smallberries
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,239
battery

Quote:

I am doing a 3-day ride in Austria next week and had the same concern. I bought a 6000 mAh backup battery with two USB ports from Radio Shack. I also got a travel USB hub to handle all of these devices. I have a spare GoPro battery as well. I will let you know if the whole gadget-palooza actually works.
John Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #21
Dogscout
Been there done that

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmEff View Post
You don't need to charge USB devices using a computer. You can get a plug-in AC adapter that includes multiple USB ports for charging. For example.
Right, but I do need USB hubs or ports on a vehicle. On my Africa trip I'll have an inverter to power some items, but need more than two USB ports. Right now I have a USB cigarete lighter plug for a third port and I could put a hub in also. I want to minimize the spaghetti loop of wires though and I got too many gadgets.

iPad
Gps
Cameras
Mac book
Phone
Old 06-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #22
SportFaller
Dirt dont hurt, MUCH

Oddometer: 666
new version of cineform was released today, everything updated fine, working great now!
SportFaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #23
SnoDrtRider
Got Snow?

Oddometer: 2,316
Like I said in my post ONCE THIS GETS SORTED OUT... I may give it a try. Go Pro has always been good for support but I'm not buying in until the beta version gets sorted.
'80 Suzuki GS850G, '74 Honda MT250 Enduro
'71 Kawasaki 100,1971 Honda SL70, Sears Mini Bike
SnoDrtRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #24
John Smallberries
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,239
Still not working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFaller View Post
new version of cineform was released today, everything updated fine, working great now!
I haven't gotten a response from GoPro on my problem: remote works, but no display.

My Cineform version is Version 1.2 (1.2.0.122), downloaded last week. I launched the software just now and got no indication of any new version. Is this the same as yours?

I tried to start from scratch tonight, but cannot get Cineform to recognize either the wifi bacpac or remote in the "Device Window". Tried rebooting, restarting Cineform, unplugging USB, power-cycling devices......

I guess I'll just wait to hear back from them.
John Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #25
SportFaller
Dirt dont hurt, MUCH

uninstall cineform completely, reboot your machine, download cineform fresh from gopro, and try again, like I said, there was a cineform update 6/9/10, 1.2.0.156 i believe...

give that a try, and there is a good youtube video:

Old 06-10-2012, 11:34 PM   #26
klinquist OP
übergeek

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Right, but I do need USB hubs or ports on a vehicle. On my Africa trip I'll have an inverter to power some items, but need more than two USB ports. Right now I have a USB cigarete lighter plug for a third port and I could put a hub in also. I want to minimize the spaghetti loop of wires though and I got too many gadgets.

iPad
Gps
Cameras
Mac book
Phone
Hubs won't do you any good, they just split the power, your devices would take twice as long to charge..
I have disassembled a few USB cig lighter adapters and wired them all into a smaller package for the bike. Get a few 6 inch long cables to avoid the spaghetti.
klinquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #27
gots_a_sol
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
I think the motorsports package was 260 on Amazon right now
09 Husky WR165 - VCHSS #79L
gots_a_sol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #28
Dogscout
Been there done that

Can't wait to see the film of the Passes.

good on ya.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #29
SportFaller
Dirt dont hurt, MUCH

This was my solution for keeping track of the remote:

I didn't want it fixed on the bike, mostly because I'll have the cam on my helmet, and want to be able to still film the carnage when I'm on foot, walking up or back on the trail to help other riders in the group.

I bought a $7 heavy-duty retracting lanyard from the local police supply shop, attached the remote key deal, and attached it to my klim backpack. presto, safe, sound, and accessible.

Old 06-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #30
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,388
I was having trouble with the updating process but was finally able to get it to work after restarting the computer. If you are having trouble with it hanging up during the update process, try restarting the computer.

Now where is that Android app?
MasterMarine is offline   Reply With Quote