Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
650x
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,107
[QUOTE=KTM:
Speedo
coolant leaking/ overheating
Not properly mapped from new (emissions = lean running)

BMW:
Air shock should be replaced for a normal shock (?)
Shiftlever is too strong, and snaps the shift axle in a spill
Stock mapping? (again, emissions)

[/QUOTE]

I own an X I bought new in 2007. Find it is a good dual sport to fill the gap between my KTM 525 EXC and my Suzuki Vee Strom. Air shock is junk and needs to be replaced. I went with the Hyperpro for the rear shock and am very happy with it. The forks are okay, not as good (for hard core off road) as my wife's old KTM but far better than her current DRZ 400 is even after having serious work done on her forks. Have heard the shift lever is an issue, but have never replaced mine and have had no problems as a result. The engine is smooth and does not really seem that powerful, but it is actually plenty powerful enough to hit serious hill climbs and also take you down the highway with ease. Since my bike is 5 years old and they have been hard years, I would buy a new bike to replace it, but there is nothing being sold right now that gets me interested enough to replace the X. I love the fit of the bike for me. I don't feel cramped up like I did on my wife's old KTM (640E.) The bike just feel right while standing up for me. (I am 6'1'' with 36" inseam) The only thing I don't really like about the bike is the fact that it is a BMW. (Bring More Wallet) I like to do all my own work on bikes and don't buy into the BMW thing where the dealers feel they should do all maintenance on a bike. Beleive the other comments made about the X and for the most part, right on the money. You just need to decide what you want the bike to do and make a choice.
650x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #17
trailrider383
867-5309

Oddometer: 3,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bli55 View Post
Hi there Thanas, would you be so kind and post the gear ratios with 1ry/2ry reduction ratios for both engines?
I'm currently thinking along similar lines after my recent Africa Twin would have to, sadly, go...
Couldn't find the data myself in any website!

And how's progress on your decision?

Some numbers for Husaberg 570, bike of similar class:

http://husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12113
This comparison is interesting.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281742