ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2005, 01:53 PM   #61
ChrisC
Amal sex?
 
ChrisC's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Prescott, Arizona USA Earth
Oddometer: 6,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcolbath
Just call me dipshit.

S.C.
Hi Dipshit
__________________
Chris
1974 Bultaco Sherpa T 350
1943 BSA M20WD
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 02:30 PM   #62
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottcolbath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The north edge of 85050
Oddometer: 6,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC
Hi Dipshit
WAAASSUUUUUP???!!!!


S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 03:25 PM   #63
creeper OP
Still alive...
 
creeper's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Puget Sound
Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcolbath
Just call me dipshit.

S.C.
So Dipshit...

See, the deal is, all this "discovering your 640" is exciting and fascinating to you and your fellow 2005 owners... and we can appreciate that.
But, we've been here awhile… some a long while, and have heard and seen most of it already... so you'll have to forgive us our tempered enthusiasm, and on occasion mild annoyance with you're "Gee Wiz! I've got to tell the world!!!" revelations.

KTMs vibrate a bit... KTMs make funny noises... KTMs need a little fine tuning in certain areas... KTM seats keep aftermarket seat makers in business... KTM bars are too fill in the blank... we know.

Don't let my jaded outlook dissuade you from posting further gushings of love and admiration for your orange-metalflake dream date... But, try using the search feature, and some of the post sort variables like by “replies” or “views”… and maybe just look around a bit, before you post another “Gee Wizzer”… OK?

Have fun, but try not to be too tedious... please


Buzz Kill

(This should be the one Chris )
__________________
So... how's tricks?
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 03:40 PM   #64
ChrisC
Amal sex?
 
ChrisC's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Prescott, Arizona USA Earth
Oddometer: 6,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
Buzz Kill (This should be the one Chris )
Thank the Lord Jeebus! There's a sign of life.....
__________________
Chris
1974 Bultaco Sherpa T 350
1943 BSA M20WD
ChrisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #65
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottcolbath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The north edge of 85050
Oddometer: 6,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeper
So Dipshit...

See, the deal is, all this "discovering your 640" is exciting and fascinating to you and your fellow 2005 owners... and we can appreciate that.
But, we've been here awhile… some a long while, and have heard and seen most of it already... so you'll have to forgive us our tempered enthusiasm, and on occasion mild annoyance with you're "Gee Wiz! I've got to tell the world!!!" revelations.
No doubt that I will make the typical rookie mistakes as others. And what is funny is that I see this sort of thing on some Harley boards I'm on. New guys show up asking which pipes they should buy, or which carb, etc.

I too was new once to Harleys and for the most part, I shut up and listened to what ohers had to say, and also saw who had the best running bike. That told me a lot. All this was before Al Gore invented the internet, so I had to do it the old fashioned way. Listen a lot. Ask as litte as possible.

I guess this is as good a time as any to start an oil thread.


Quote:
KTMs vibrate a bit... KTMs make funny noises... KTMs need a little fine tuning in certain areas... KTM seats keep aftermarket seat makers in business... KTM bars are too fill in the blank... we know.
Wow. KTMs are really just Harleys from Austria!


Quote:
Don't let my jaded outlook dissuade you from posting further gushings of love and admiration for your orange-metalflake dream date... But, try using the search feature, and some of the post sort variables like by “replies” or “views”… and maybe just look around a bit, before you post another “Gee Wizzer”… OK?
I have had terrible luck with the search feature here. It's real tough to narrow down the findings. I wish I had more time to read through it all.


Quote:
Have fun, but try not to be too tedious... please
Okey dokey.


Quote:
Buzz Kill

(This should be the one Chris )
Will you clue me in on this or should I use the search feature to figure out what you are talking about?

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:26 PM   #66
burntflan
burntflan
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: Santa Fe
Oddometer: 44
Question re Muffler modification

Hey Creeper,

I was all set to do to the muffler mod on my '03 adventure but chicken'd out with hole saw in hand. I don't know if it's possible to f' it up but if there's a way I'll know I'll do it. Is there anything other information you can to assuage my fears. I'm guessing I should follow the downward path of the tube but don't really want to guess. Thanks

jlr
burntflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:37 PM   #67
Surly
surly adventurer
 
Surly's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Salem, OR
Oddometer: 2,131
Just drill it. Its a piece of cake
If you somehow hose it I will send you mine...already cored
__________________
Surly

I pray that you dont look at me
I pray I dont look back...


Where is Surly?
Surly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:50 PM   #68
meat popsicle
Ignostic
 
meat popsicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Circumlocution Office of Little Dorrit
Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcolbath
I have had terrible luck with the search feature here. It's real tough to narrow down the findings. I wish I had more time to read through it all.
on www.google.com enter your search terms and the switch "site=www.advrider.com" and they will only search this site for you

3 letters, sometimes 2 works like a charm... local search engine is almost worthless
__________________
Kronreif Trunkenpolz Mattighofen LC4 640

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 08:53 AM   #69
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottcolbath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The north edge of 85050
Oddometer: 6,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
on www.google.com enter your search terms and the switch "site=www.advrider.com" and they will only search this site for you

3 letters, sometimes 2 works like a charm... local search engine is almost worthless
Cool info. Thanks. First beer is on me when we meet (meat?)........whatever.

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:13 AM   #70
meat popsicle
Ignostic
 
meat popsicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Circumlocution Office of Little Dorrit
Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottcolbath
Cool info. Thanks. First beer is on me when we meet (meat?)........whatever.

S.C.
oops!

that should be "site:www.advrider.com"

__________________
Kronreif Trunkenpolz Mattighofen LC4 640

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:17 AM   #71
slide
A nation in despair
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: NM, USA
Oddometer: 21,122
I wonder how long the KTM road of discovery is. I just examined my bike musing about how I adjust the chain as it clearly has a KTM-exclusive system. As far as I can make out, it will be an adventure onto itself. So first valves, then oil and now the chain.

Anybody who accuses KTM of following the crowd is clearly insane.
slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:32 AM   #72
Arch
Incurable Gearhead
 
Arch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Katy, TX
Oddometer: 11,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by slide
I wonder how long the KTM road of discovery is. I just examined my bike musing about how I adjust the chain as it clearly has a KTM-exclusive system. As far as I can make out, it will be an adventure onto itself. So first valves, then oil and now the chain.

Anybody who accuses KTM of following the crowd is clearly insane.
What's so hard and/or different about adjusting the chain?
__________________
Arch
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:57 AM   #73
meat popsicle
Ignostic
 
meat popsicle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Circumlocution Office of Little Dorrit
Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch
What's so hard and/or different about adjusting the chain?


loosen bolts adjust, measure, tighten, measure, un-tighten, adjust, measure, tighten, measure, un-tighten, adjust, measure, tighten, measure, un-tighten, adjust, measure, tighten, measure, un-tighten, adjust, measure, tighten, measure, un-tighten, adjust, measure, tighten, measure, un-tighten, adjust, measure, tighten, give up...

__________________
Kronreif Trunkenpolz Mattighofen LC4 640

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:59 AM   #74
scottcolbath
Beastly Adventurer
 
scottcolbath's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: The north edge of 85050
Oddometer: 6,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch
What's so hard and/or different about adjusting the chain?
Well, it seems to me that the big difference is that you first must post here, asking how much tension is just right, which is quickly followed by a grumpy old dude yelling at you for posting such drivel.

No other chain adjustment process is like that.

S.C.
scottcolbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 10:46 AM   #75
slide
A nation in despair
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: NM, USA
Oddometer: 21,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch
What's so hard and/or different about adjusting the chain?
MP said it all.
slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014