User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
biensur22 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Best pegs for vibrations?

I have a 98 620 adventure and I'm considering the sxc peg hanger mod to fit up some new footrests. I'm wondering what are the best pegs at reducing vibrations. I'm considering the fastways for sheer acreage, but my primary consideration is making highway speeds less uncomfortable, noting that anything I get will be bigger and better for standing. Any advice?
biensur22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #2
gunnerbuck
Island Hopper

Oddometer: 3,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by biensur22 View Post
I have a 98 620 adventure and I'm considering the sxc peg hanger mod to fit up some new footrests. I'm wondering what are the best pegs at reducing vibrations. I'm considering the fastways for sheer acreage, but my primary consideration is making highway speeds less uncomfortable, noting that anything I get will be bigger and better for standing. Any advice?
For both the small early model pegs and larger late model pegs you can get rubber dampers through KTM parts that bolt on top of the pegs... These rubber dampers seem to take out quite a bit of the felt vibes and while still leaving a bit of the cleated part of the peg exposed to grip the boot...
gunnerbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
biensur22 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Thanks for the suggestion. I've considered popping a paid of those on however I do a great deal of dirt riding and they just don't leave even exposure from the teeth to provide enough bite for my liking. I can deal with the vibrations most of the time, but I wonder if some of the aftermarket pegs are better than others in this regard.

Past Rides: 1994 KTM 400 EXC WP/D LC4 - Plated; 2001 BMW F650GS Thumper; 1970 CB175; 2003 KLR250
biensur22 is offline   Reply With Quote