ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #1906
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemototours View Post
They don't appear to have any KTM Orange ones.
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #1907
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemototours View Post
John, that depends on where you insert them.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #1908
Cannabinoid
Banned
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Confined in the physical world
Oddometer: 739
this message is self destructing...

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 01-01-2014 at 10:58 AM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #1909
Kali Trailrider
PLATED X2
 
Kali Trailrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Murrieta, CA
Oddometer: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Mike,
Have you tried a Rekluse yet? This is just a test for me, I'm installing one on the 450 to see if I like it.

Perry
Perry congrats on the upgrade.
But the Z pro is old technology.
The core EXP is the way to go.

Just my two cents.

Enjoy!!
__________________
Let's roll...
Kali Trailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #1910
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Trailrider View Post
Perry congrats on the upgrade.
But the Z pro is old technology.
The core EXP is the way to go.

Just my two cents.

Enjoy!!
Its not thats its OLD technology, the 2 are actually very different from each other. The EXP is more motocross applicable compared to the Z start pro. If you have ridden a bike with each one you'd know what i mean. Talk with patrick over @ rekluse if you have any questions.

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #1911
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Trailrider View Post
Perry congrats on the upgrade.
But the Z pro is old technology.
The core EXP is the way to go.

Just my two cents.

Enjoy!!
Pros & cons..... $300.00 bucks is a big pro vs $800+!
I also heard the Exp needs to be rebuilt more often than the Z start. $130 bucks for the EXP clutch pack. We shall see...I don't even know if I'll like it yet. Everyone else that has one does.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST

pcvance screwed with this post 06-28-2013 at 03:22 PM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #1912
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Pros & cons..... $300.00 bucks is a big pro vs $800+!
I also heard the Exp needs to be rebuilt more often than the Z start. $130 bucks for the EXP clutch pack. We shall see...I don't even know if I'll like it yet. Everyone else that has one does.
+ 1 ... Z start pro = bullet proof

__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #1913
mr. thumbs
Studly Adventurer
 
mr. thumbs's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Orange County
Oddometer: 990
I had the Z-pro on my 200mxc, loved it.
mr. thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:56 PM   #1914
1224R
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 1,894
I have a auto clutch too it's my fucking left index finger.. Fuck all you guys.. Autofingers rule!!!!!

After a great weekend with all you fine gentlemen, I spent a week up in Yosemite... It was great. Before entering the park I saw a lot of trails off the sides of the road and bikes loading and unloading.... We all need to check out that area sometime... Nice moist wet.....uh trails.... Yeah trails...
__________________
I thought YOU had the map......
1224R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #1915
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays
 
Jeff aka BOLT's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Lost in the Mojave
Oddometer: 1,224
Spent a lot of time on the phone with Rekluse yesterday.

EXP has some advantages. But Z series is less fussy... lasts years instead of 150-200 hours between replacements... and doesn't need to be adjusted all the time during break in and beyond to get max life.

Got a lot of money... want the lastest stuff all the time... wanna adjust clutch slave regularly... wanna pay $139 for a new EXP + cost of a clutch pack every 150 hours then the EXP CORE is for you.
__________________
Jeff aka BOLT
RIDERS - Just a bunch of guys that wanna go riding !

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #1916
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,407
Talking Shorai

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1224R View Post
I have a auto clutch too it's my fucking left index finger.. Fuck all you guys.. Autofingers rule!!!!!

After a great weekend with all you fine gentlemen, I spent a week up in Yosemite... It was great. Before entering the park I saw a lot of trails off the sides of the road and bikes loading and unloading.... We all need to check out that area sometime... Nice moist wet.....uh trails.... Yeah trails...
Fuck you right back buddy. We all know where you stick your fingers.
Or was it Johns toes?

Trails around Yosemite. Been there, some good stuff, but nothing like the"closer" to you fucks stuff.

Can you PM some prices on the Shorai battery's ?

12AH
14AH
18AH
Thanks Jimmy!
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #1917
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
Spent a lot of time on the phone with Rekluse yesterday.

EXP has some advantages. But Z series is less fussy... lasts years instead of 150-200 hours between replacements... and doesn't need to be adjusted all the time during break in and beyond to get max life.

Got a lot of money... want the lastest stuff all the time... wanna adjust clutch slave regularly... wanna pay $139 for a new EXP + cost of a clutch pack every 150 hours then the EXP CORE is for you.
Ok Jerry, there you go, fuck the "new" technology, I'll take the old school reliability. At less than 1/2 the price.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #1918
Kali Trailrider
PLATED X2
 
Kali Trailrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Murrieta, CA
Oddometer: 460
It's all good

Enjoy!!


It's EXP Core for me...
Fancy spider side cover included in the kit.

Mine kicks ass!!


MF ReKluse!!!

Let's get back to the regular BS now!!

__________________
Let's roll...

Kali Trailrider screwed with this post 06-28-2013 at 06:03 PM
Kali Trailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #1919
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays
 
Jeff aka BOLT's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Lost in the Mojave
Oddometer: 1,224
Perry just picked one up on Ebay... $139 delivered via Fed EX out of Vegas... no tax no shipping. Ordered last night... guy emailed me at 8AM today with a tracking number.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHORAI-Lithi...item3a827458be
__________________
Jeff aka BOLT
RIDERS - Just a bunch of guys that wanna go riding !

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #1920
mr. thumbs
Studly Adventurer
 
mr. thumbs's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Orange County
Oddometer: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
Perry just picked one up on Ebay... $139 delivered via Fed EX out of Vegas... no tax no shipping. Ordered last night... guy emailed me at 8AM today with a tracking number.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHORAI-Lithi...item3a827458be
Hahaha, I thought you were speaking about a Rekluse for $139 on ebay. I was clicking on that link like no tomorrow only to see a friggen battery.
mr. thumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014