ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #3901
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes
 
wrk2surf's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
Oddometer: 6,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post

No sidecars? Really? WTF. Who's the genius that wrote that rule?

I think it reads no side BY sides never seen a no sidecar rule

we should resurect that TT thread
__________________
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:33 PM   #3902
Hesaid
Beastly Adventurer
 
Hesaid's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Central CA
Oddometer: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
I think it reads no side BY sides never seen a no sidecar rule

we should resurect that TT thread
Nope. No sidecars. Spelled right out:



I'm telling you, those Forest people know their stuff...

MV
__________________
DR Feelgood , Tipsy Wombat, Pinkfoot, FatCat, and how they got their names: What the hell is a wombat? And now, the tales of their adventures.
Hesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #3903
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,913
if it was written decades ago that could be why it says no sidecars.
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #3904
theGrinch
SNF Dream Riders
 
theGrinch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: On the move
Oddometer: 1,975
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap View Post
My last ride I had three flats, rear flats, all within an hour. Went to see a local legend, Chris Blaise, he had the answer. He has been stuffing Mousse tubes in trials tires lately. Hooked me up. Can you say, no more fucking flats. Woohoo.
Is that a tube as in there is air in it or that foam thing?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Who's the clueless noob?
theGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #3905
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2003
Location: Carson City/Ridgecrest
Oddometer: 5,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
Nope. No sidecars. Spelled right out:



I'm telling you, those Forest people know their stuff... MV
Actually it is accurate. Some people may think a motorcycle with a side car (we call them side hacks in the dirt) is still a motorcycle so they can take it on a single track. For the past several years the forest has just switched to say vehicles less than 12" in tread width.
__________________
Jerry Counts
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #3906
Kap
Single Track Scalpel
 
Kap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Apple Valley Ca.
Oddometer: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
Is that a tube as in there is air in it or that foam thing?
It's the foam thing.
__________________
This shit aint checkers, its chess !!
Kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #3907
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGrinch View Post
Is that a tube as in there is air in it or that foam thing?
Yeah you know, like chocolate mousse. That's what John needs...
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:35 AM   #3908
notmybikemodelname
KOTW is a myth!
 
notmybikemodelname's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: I'm in jail Dad, and I like it here.............
Oddometer: 7,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap View Post
My last ride I had three flats, rear flats, all within an hour. Went to see a local legend, Chris Blaise, he had the answer. He has been stuffing Mousse tubes in trials tires lately. Hooked me up. Can you say, no more fucking flats. Woohoo.
They work great, but don't try to take it on the highway/roads over 55mph, they melt.
Dunerat uses the Tubliss system and likes it.....
notmybikemodelname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #3909
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider
 
HAPPYTRAILSINC's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: lost in space
Oddometer: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
They work great, but don't try to take it on the highway/roads over 55mph, they melt.
Dunerat uses the Tubliss system and likes it.....

BUTTT, you wont get a flat w/mouse tube
Ive used tubliss twice, got un-repairable sidewall cuts both times
__________________
HAPPYTRAILS
Scott

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #3910
Kap
Single Track Scalpel
 
Kap's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Apple Valley Ca.
Oddometer: 341
I used to do dual sport rides with Mousse. Your right Rob, as long as you keep it under 55 on the pavement it's no problem.
__________________
This shit aint checkers, its chess !!
Kap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:54 PM   #3911
1224R
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Oddometer: 1,939
Mousse is great you do have to grease up up good..

Tubliss has a new design and tire selection is important.

Tire selections with tubliss

 Pirelli MT-43 trials tire with TUbliss insert at 6-9 PSI
o Long-life application
 Maxxis Desert IT front with TUbliss insert at 7-10 PSI  Maxxis Desert IT rear with TUbliss insert at 7-10 PSI
Heavyweight riders (>220 lb. rider weight or >260 lb. bike weight) o Dunlop 908RR front with TUbliss insert at 4-8 PSI recco 5psi
Bridgestone ED 78
o Dunlop 739AT rear with TUbliss insert at 4-8 PSI or 1psi
Sedona 907 rear

You gatta have a tire with a stiff sidewall. Then the tire can take the hits with low pressure....
__________________
I thought YOU had the map......
1224R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #3912
McKay
Studly Adventurer
 
McKay's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Clovis, Ca.
Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1224R View Post
Mousse is great you do have to grease up up good..

Tubliss has a new design and tire selection is important.

Tire selections with tubliss

 Pirelli MT-43 trials tire with TUbliss insert at 6-9 PSI
o Long-life application
 Maxxis Desert IT front with TUbliss insert at 7-10 PSI  Maxxis Desert IT rear with TUbliss insert at 7-10 PSI
• Heavyweight riders (>220 lb. rider weight or >260 lb. bike weight) o Dunlop 908RR front with TUbliss insert at 4-8 PSI recco 5psi
Bridgestone ED 78
o Dunlop 739AT rear with TUbliss insert at 4-8 PSI or 1psi
Sedona 907 rear

You gatta have a tire with a stiff sidewall. Then the tire can take the hits with low pressure....
Yup.
I run Kenda Parker DT and can run at zero psi on back if need be. Front needs some air, 6-12 works nice.
__________________
Jeff

McKay screwed with this post 06-11-2014 at 11:52 AM
McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #3913
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist
 
RAZR's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Silver Lake (L.A.)
Oddometer: 8,913
fuuuuuuuck


fire near Alta Sierra in Greenhorns

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.co...ar-Alta-Sierra
__________________
"when there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"
YOUTUBE
SPOT
RAZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:29 PM   #3914
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
fuuuuuuuck


fire near Alta Sierra in Greenhorns

http://www.bakersfieldcalifornian.co...ar-Alta-Sierra
Lets hope they get this under control QUICK!
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #3915
dzrtracin
ride'n 2 live
 
dzrtracin's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: the garage
Oddometer: 2,714
Ain't no lighting fire, muther phuck

RIDE ON!
__________________
Content, NEVER!
dzrtracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014