ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #886
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaccassi View Post
Saw this in a local online news article.....



"The Sequoia National Forest and Giant Sequoia National Monument are seeking public comment on a preliminary grant application to the state’s Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division for the 2012-13 cycle.
The Forest Service is submitting the grant application to focus on improvements to off-road vehicle routes, facilities, signage, developing an off-highway vehicle staging area on the Hume Lake Ranger District, law enforcement and education.
The public review and comment period for California’s Grants and Cooperative Agreement Program begins today and ends April 1. State regulations require public participation in the funding allocation process. The final application must be submitted by the May 6 deadline. The public may view and comment on the preliminary application at www.ohv.parks.ca.gov and selecting the grants tab."
Good stuff JP,
Now if we could convince the forest service to cut in some more single track trails up there...in the Hume ranger district and fix Verplank, Davis and Crabtree.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST

pcvance screwed with this post 03-05-2013 at 04:51 PM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #887
Rearsteer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Rearsteer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Close to Merced, Ca.
Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by junglemototours View Post
Riding buddies flaked on me, I stayed home and worked.

First weekend I've been home since I don't know when, wierd....
Bikes and truck are ready, the lady is sick of me, braaappp!

Who is in for a pre spring K-Ville campout 3/16 & 17?

Bring your own carne asada

Tell Rearsteer I found the trail
Let me gess, go down towards the river insted of going up the hill? The hill was fun though!
__________________
02 BMW 650GS DAKAR
02 YAMAHA WR 426 Plated
Rearsteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #888
Rearsteer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Rearsteer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Close to Merced, Ca.
Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
YaHOO!

I left a message for Rearsteer.

Catfish ...
Thanks for the call Catfish, don't think I can pull that ride off but I will see. Gmototours is a mad dog, don't let him bite you! He knows that area well, have fun.
__________________
02 BMW 650GS DAKAR
02 YAMAHA WR 426 Plated

Rearsteer screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 08:47 PM
Rearsteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #889
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider
 
HAPPYTRAILSINC's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: lost in space
Oddometer: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rearsteer View Post
. Gmototours is a mad dog, don't let him bite you! He knows that area well, have fun.
bite you, ahhh, he's a puppy dog
????
he's usuall floowoing me around , but yes he is getting better lots more to see and find this year
__________________
HAPPYTRAILS
Scott

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #890
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,408
Cool2 Mountainmototours

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post
bite you, ahhh, he's a puppy dog
????
he's usuall floowoing me around , but yes he is getting better lots more to see and find this year

No, he won't bite you , but he Will lead you somewhere high up on Piute mountain and not be heading for camp till dark....LOL
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST

pcvance screwed with this post 03-06-2013 at 07:38 PM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #891
catfish
Squidicus Adventurous
 
catfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: Morgan Territory, CA
Oddometer: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rearsteer View Post
Thanks for the call Catfish, don't think I can pull that ride off but I see. Gmototours is a mad dog, don't let him bite you! He knows that area well, have fun.

After following you on the JV ride , I doubt he is any madder than YOU!!!

Ms.Beta got some excellent physical therapy for her legs at Dicks Racing last week. And just a wee-bit shorter.

Catfish ...
catfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #892
Rearsteer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Rearsteer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Close to Merced, Ca.
Oddometer: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
After following you on the JV ride , I doubt he is any madder than YOU!!!

Ms.Beta got some excellent physical therapy for her legs at Dicks Racing last week. And just a wee-bit shorter.

Catfish ...
Sweet!
__________________
02 BMW 650GS DAKAR
02 YAMAHA WR 426 Plated
Rearsteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #893
Windrat
just a poser
 
Windrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The Beach
Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPYTRAILSINC View Post
bite you, ahhh, he's a puppy dog
????
he's usuall floowoing me around , but yes he is getting better lots more to see and find this year
johns a fast puppy ... your the baddog and alot smarter when it comes to group leading

taking a group of nuts out on hard st can be fun...or it can turn to crap

ive been on both...

now where's the start button on my keyboard I want'a ride
__________________
I wanted one last view for the day... A place where I could see the water
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #894
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrat View Post
johns a fast puppy ... your the baddog and alot smarter when it comes to group leading

taking a group of nuts out on hard st can be fun...or it can turn to crap

ive been on both...

now where's the start button on my keyboard I want'a ride
Next week @ K-ville Bob, PM for details...fun group of nuts on A ST spring ride.

The fast puppy in the lead.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #895
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays
 
Jeff aka BOLT's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Lost in the Mojave
Oddometer: 1,224
Perry I wannna come up and see you... do some riding... and pick up some toys

I can be there Apr 6; Apr 13; Apr 27.

I'd head up Friday night... head home Sat night or Sun morning.

Let me know of any of those dates work for you.
__________________
Jeff aka BOLT
RIDERS - Just a bunch of guys that wanna go riding !

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #896
Windrat
just a poser
 
Windrat's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: The Beach
Oddometer: 1,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Next week @ K-ville Bob, PM for details...fun group of nuts on A ST spring ride.

The fast puppy in the lead.
I wish I could... my knee is still sore... i hoping to get out for some eazy
stuff at the end of march
__________________
I wanted one last view for the day... A place where I could see the water
Windrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #897
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,408
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
Perry I wannna come up and see you... do some riding... and pick up some toys

I can be there Apr 6; Apr 13; Apr 27.

I'd head up Friday night... head home Sat night or Sun morning.

Let me know of any of those dates work for you.

Hey Jeff, that's a long haul for a One day ride, but ok let's go. I'll figure out the dates and let you know.

A question for you, how do you adopt a trail in the national forest?
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #898
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrat View Post
I wish I could... my knee is still sore... i hoping to get out for some eazy
stuff at the end of march
Ok, heal up and we'll RIDE.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #899
Jeff aka BOLT
Prefer Saturdays
 
Jeff aka BOLT's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Lost in the Mojave
Oddometer: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Hey Jeff, that's a long haul for a One day ride, but ok let's go. I'll figure out the dates and let you know.

A question for you, how do you adopt a trail in the national forest?
Actually you just have to express some interest and sign up. I can get you to the right peeps up there. Depends on if you are feeling like giving back quietly... or want your name on a sign on the trail.

Once you go all legal... you never go back... and your friends will all leave you. Cool factor cannot exist when your are part of the man's system.

Second option: If you just wanna give back quietly... just ride and clear a trail that needs it. The only thanks you'll ever get is from the satifaction of keep trails open and usable. You'll fly under the radar and keep your Boyscout Cool Badge.

A third option: is to jump on the Stewards of the Sequoia volunteer days and work with Chris Horgan to build volunteer hours. You do the work... they wear the nerd badge. The forest also earns Green Sticker Dollars for grants based on your volunteer hours. It's well organized.

If you decide you want contacts with the Nat' Forest Folks to formally Adopt-a-trail PM me for details.
__________________
Jeff aka BOLT
RIDERS - Just a bunch of guys that wanna go riding !

Guests are encouraged.
Jeff aka BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #900
pcvance OP
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 5,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff aka BOLT View Post
Actually you just have to express some interest and sign up. I can get you to the right peeps up there. Depends on if you are feeling like giving back quietly... or want your name on a sign on the trail.

Once you go all legal... you never go back... and your friends will all leave you. Cool factor cannot exist when your are part of the man's system.

Second option: If you just wanna give back quietly... just ride and clear a trail that needs it. The only thanks you'll ever get is from the satifaction of keep trails open and usable. You'll fly under the radar and keep your Boyscout Cool Badge.

A third option: is to jump on the Stewards of the Sequoia volunteer days and work with Chris Horgan to build volunteer hours. You do the work... they wear the nerd badge. The forest also earns Green Sticker Dollars for grants based on your volunteer hours. It's well organized.

If you decide you want contacts with the Nat' Forest Folks to formally Adopt-a-trail PM me for details.

Thanks Jeff,
Already in, doing it quietly.
I'll let you and Chris wear the nerd badges....lol
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST

pcvance screwed with this post 03-07-2013 at 09:09 AM
pcvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014