Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2012, 10:12 PM   #241
Safariaddict
Safari 2010 FINISHED

Oddometer: 166
[
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy safari carpente

And judging by the #38 start number he got... Grabbo' has been put on as well...?

QUOTE=SafariBerg;19937829]Grabbo's number is not confirmed yet, it may be 50+ since the lower ones go to Elite riders, 38 was for graphic effect ![/QUOTE]

I'll think you find that the number 38 is the number Grabbo traditionally used in domestic races for as long as I can remember. Don't get to excited yet ?
Safariaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:54 PM   #242
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Speedbrain's Mat Fish is showing his class back in aus, taking out the prolog at the GAS DASH yesterday and should be underway right now.

http://www.gasdash.com/contents/results.htm?id=8

Not a navigational rally but a good test of outright speed.

GO BRO GO.......
topo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:03 AM   #243
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Mat cleaned up on today's stage finishing almost 2min clear of second place

results

GO BRO GO.......
topo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:38 AM   #244
Aussie66
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 786
Just confirmed by Sherco , another UAE resident competing, good old James West.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #245
Gian
dreamer

Oddometer: 1,102
Just heard no Bordone Ferrari Team at Merzouga Rally ... just hope they are "saving" for the Dakar
Gian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #246
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian View Post
Just heard no Bordone Ferrari Team at Merzouga Rally ... just hope they are "saving" for the Dakar
Even Sardegna next June is looking doubtfull the way things are going

Wonder it there is anyway to find out if they have paid the entries - from comments on ADV it sound like Chaleco has paid (or someone has) for his entry, although the application/invite would have been for the team, although I am sure that ASO would be flexible under such circumstances? - but to predict them is a bit of a muddy task!

Maybe we will just have to wait for the entry list next month unless there are any snippets of leaked info coming out from the various sources?

too old screwed with this post 11-03-2012 at 12:27 PM
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #247
Gian
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
Even Sardegna next June is looking doubtfull the way things are going

Wonder it there is anyway to find out if they have paid the entries - from comments on ADV it sound like Chaleco has paid (or someone has) for his entry, although the application/invite would have been for the team, although I am sure that ASO would be flexible under such circumstances? - but to predict them is a bit of a muddy task!

Maybe we will just have to wait for the entry list next month unless there are any snippets of leaked info coming out from the various sources?
Don't see the connection between the BF Team and Sardegna Rally, unless you write about the general crisis period of course. No idea if there will be space enough for 2 big events like the Sardegna Rally and the 6th Days Enduro, even if in different periods... this could be a problem
Old 11-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #248
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,555
Quote:
Don't see the connection between the BF Team and Sardegna Rally, unless you write about the general crisis period of course. No idea if there will be space enough for 2 big events like the Sardegna Rally and the 6th Days Enduro, even if in different periods... this could be a problem
It was just that Sargegna is on the WRC calendar and is in Italy and their home patch, so if they can't afford that then there is no hope for BF.

Not sure about the 2 race ref though, Sardegna in June is a rally, but also similar to enduro, with many teams running enduro bikes with bigger fuel tanks on the tighter and
shorter track
too old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #249
Dread Pendragon
Slartibartfast

Oddometer: 2,206
Here's Kevin Muggleton's FB page, and his webpage.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:13 AM   #250
Gian
dreamer

Alex Zanotti is in, with an almost completely new TM, which will be showed next week at the Eicma in Milan. The engine has been tested all season during the various Baja (new gear and various other modifies), but the fairing is completely new and maybe a bit different from the usual on this kind of bikes, especially on the back ... I'm very curious
Old 11-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #251
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,766
Quote:
Alex Zanotti is in, with an almost completely new TM, which will be showed next week at the Eicma in Milan. The engine has been tested all season during the various Baja (new gear and various other modifies), but the fairing is completely new and maybe a bit different from the usual on this kind of bikes, especially on the back ... I'm very curious
Come on, show us some pics!!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #252
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 22,906
It seems to me that Bordone Ferrari is done. I would be surprised to see them re-emerge, at least anytime soon. I would be stunned to see them at Dakar. I have it on good authority that the Mi1 never test and the bike released was display only, a non working prototype. Chaleco has secured financing outside of BF for his own push to Dakar. Details are slim but as it has been mentioned, he paid upwards of $150K for a factory KTM package, which, as far as I can conclude, includes support from KTM as well. I wouldn't go as far as to say he is a full factory rider such as Coma or Despres or even Pedrero or Faria, but I believe he has put together a significant effort for himself.

Farres is gone. Non-payment seems to be the word and look for some news regarding Viladoms should things fall into place. Botturi is the unknown, but news on him is always slim. I would expect most of the equipment goes up for auction, though I would love to see Fernando Prades get the bikes, the 10 frames, and get some backing to continue development as that Mi1 is a sexy machine.

RallyRaidReview - @RallyRaidReview
doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #253
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Craig Bounds

Spoke to Craig earlier today he's going malle moto at the dakar this time round. his site is http://www.craigboundsdakar.com/
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #254
Gian
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdutchie View Post
None so far, hopefully next week, and the TM Rally should be on sale next year!
In the meantime, Manuel is still without a bike! I wonder what happened with Husaberg, he got some nice results so far. Or maybe is why Husby is now just a Ktm with different plastics, so no more interested in Rally Raid?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:15 PM   #255
pebble35
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,418
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdutchie View Post
If it is at the Milan show I will try and get some pics to post up on Tuesday or Wednesday next week !

www.bikersjersey.com for all your KTM parts
A 2,400 KM ride around Egypt by Scooter - ride report here
pebble35 is offline   Reply With Quote