User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #76
RUNDCM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
brake fluid appears clear in the resvoir -

mine is not filled to very top --I can see the fluid level, however the fluid itself is quite clear in appearence.
RUNDCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #77
roninracer
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYourOwn View Post
Just picked up a red one at my local dealer here in NC. 3770.00 out the door including tax and tag. Looking forward to breaking it in and putting some miles on it.
I'm so envious of the OTD prices that I'm hearing...I haven't visited a dealer yet as I just started looking into buying a scooter, but here in SoCal I have a feeling that I'd be pretty hard to get an OTD price for less than 4K.
roninracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #78
Dirtgrain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
I would love to see some more ride reports. I'm thinking of buying a PCX 150 and using it to commute to work (15 miles to work, on country roads--50-55 mph speed limits).
Old 08-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #79
InlineSkate
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtgrain View Post
I would love to see some more ride reports. I'm thinking of buying a PCX 150 and using it to commute to work (15 miles to work, on country roads--50-55 mph speed limits).

I've taken it down M-13 and US-24 for about a total of 400 miles now. Will handle those speeds easily.
InlineSkate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #80
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
Do Honda dealers get "hold back" money like the car dealers? A Mercedes dealer can earn 5-7% hold back money so that even if they really sell the car at cost, they can still make 7% later if their scores are up.
My dealer put a PCX125 scooter on the floor for the first time a couple months ago that I am interested in if I can get a good deal on it. Which right now is nowhere near sticker because it has been made obsolete by the PCX150 which has 15% more power and has the speed limiter increased or removed so that people are 9 mph faster to 71 mph.
I hang out there on Saturdays as an amateur salesman and talk to the working owner. I was surprised when he even ordered the 125 and he eluded to getting a big discount on it from Honda to help get rid of them before word of the upgrade to 150 spread. I think he paid around $2500 for it but they are telling me I can have it for "cost" at $3100 which is too high right now. Individuals selling them on Craig's list with 500 miles can't even get $2500 because everyone that knows, wants the newer engine. Should I be an ass to my friends and beat them up for another $300 off? They will undoubtedly be stuck with the PCX125 all winter if I don't buy it. This is small town farm country and nobody rides scooters. I was very surprised to see the owner order one. Either Honda crammed it down his throat like the NT700 and the Interceptor they made him sell, or Honda realized the urgency in clearing the 125 out and offered a ridiculous discount. I think he really bought it at the $2200-2500 range. The 125 is a dead duck now that there are numerous, important upgrades in the new 150.
sendler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #81
Timmygp
n00b

200 miles on my pcx 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by InlineSkate View Post
I've taken it down M-13 and US-24 for about a total of 400 miles now. Will handle those speeds easily.
I got my black pcx 150 about 2 weeks ago. It's my first motorcycle or scooter - I bought it as a second vehicle just to goof off on - take to the gym (12 mile trip) and to work now and then. As of right now I am not comfortable going over 55 miles an hour on it - at that speed or any faster it doesn't feel safe, the wind really buffers you around and maybe it's just me getting used to the bike but I am definitely not comfortable going any faster than that right now. I have gotten it up to about 65 but that was for a brief time only. I am 5' 8" and 180 lbs. I only have 200 miles on it because it's been so damn hot and when it's not hot as hell it seems to be raining. Hopefully with more miles I can get more comfortable and give you a little more feedback I am really happy with the miles per gallon I seem to be getting about 70 miles per gallon right now which isn't bad, as I break in the engine I'm hoping to get near 100 which he claims to get.

Timmygp screwed with this post 08-05-2012 at 10:49 PM Reason: Add pics
Timmygp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #82
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmygp View Post
I got my black pcx 150 about 2 weeks ago. It's my first motorcycle or scooter
Just take your time getting used to riding. Stay in your comfort zone. Soon enough you will get accustomed to the sensations of speed and wind. Do some reading to build your knowledge and take a class. There is a lot that can be learned. Before you know it you will be a solid rider.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #83
wannabe1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe1 View Post
After you 150 owners get'em broken in, I would like to know the true GPS verified top speed. Based on my zuma 125 I figure 5 mph under top speed would be a good safe cruising speed without sounding like its gonna blow up.

Still no GPS certified top speed? or will it cruise easily at 60 mph actual?
wannabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #84
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabe1 View Post
Still no GPS certified top speed? or will it cruise easily at 60 mph actual?
ClubPCX forum member traded his 125 for a PCX150 and clocked a GPS top speed of 71.2 mph. Says steep hills that used to top out at 45 are now 50. Should cruise at 60 in poor conditions. 125 was speed limited to 62mph but was also power limited at that speed in poor conditions. 1.9 extra hp make a difference.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #85
roninracer
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Do Honda dealers get "hold back" money like the car dealers? A Mercedes dealer can earn 5-7% hold back money so that even if they really sell the car at cost, they can still make 7% later if their scores are up.
My dealer put a PCX125 scooter on the floor for the first time a couple months ago that I am interested in if I can get a good deal on it. Which right now is nowhere near sticker because it has been made obsolete by the PCX150 which has 15% more power and has the speed limiter increased or removed so that people are 9 mph faster to 71 mph.
I hang out there on Saturdays as an amateur salesman and talk to the working owner. I was surprised when he even ordered the 125 and he eluded to getting a big discount on it from Honda to help get rid of them before word of the upgrade to 150 spread. I think he paid around $2500 for it but they are telling me I can have it for "cost" at $3100 which is too high right now. Individuals selling them on Craig's list with 500 miles can't even get $2500 because everyone that knows, wants the newer engine. Should I be an ass to my friends and beat them up for another $300 off? They will undoubtedly be stuck with the PCX125 all winter if I don't buy it. This is small town farm country and nobody rides scooters. I was very surprised to see the owner order one. Either Honda crammed it down his throat like the NT700 and the Interceptor they made him sell, or Honda realized the urgency in clearing the 125 out and offered a ridiculous discount. I think he really bought it at the $2200-2500 range. The 125 is a dead duck now that there are numerous, important upgrades in the new 150.
Considering some of the OTD prices some of the members are getting for the 150, $2,800 + tax and license, does not seem unreasonable for a 125.
roninracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #86
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roninracer View Post
Considering some of the OTD prices some of the members are getting for the 150, $2,800 + tax and license, does not seem unreasonable for a 125.
Where in the USA can anyone get a discount on the PCX150? I know they are cheap in Thailand with a list price of $2600.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #87
Scootervillain
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Just take your time getting used to riding. Stay in your comfort zone. Soon enough you will get accustomed to the sensations of speed and wind. Do some reading to build your knowledge and take a class. There is a lot that can be learned. Before you know it you will be a solid rider.
Timmygp,

Congrats on the new bike! I love the pics of your two black Hondas

+1 to everything Sendler just said... Take the MSF class as soon as you can, and check out the book "Proficient Motorcycling" by David Hough. Your library should have it, or you can get used it on Amazon for $3.
Scootervillain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #88
sendler
Studly Adventurer

I just got back from test riding a left over PCX125. It's hard to tell how much a 0 mile bike will change with some break in and as the fuel injection adapts ( my CBR250R ran weak for the first 20 miles). It could use the couple more ponies that the 150 got. One of the steeper hills in town leading up to the High School had me stuck at 42 mph. The seat will have to have a hump ectomy and I will also level out the front with some foam as well to keep from sliding forward while I am at it. I would also probably change the front brake pad to something grippier. The ride is very dialed in and nice over all but the fastest sharp edged bumps and the handling feels perfectly stable at the top speed I saw of 60 mph indicated. The low speed parking lot handling is very quick and takes some getting used to. Styling, fit and finish is great. I had them dealer trade for a red PCX150 which I will pick up next Saturday. My Salesman busted his ass on the phone to find me the bike I wanted so I gave them $50 over list to split the cost of going after the bike, $50 doc fee and $100 title and tag fee which is about the same as it would have cost me if I had taken the day off to go to DMV. 8% sales tax takes me to $3900 and change out the door with 0 down and 1.99% interest for 3 years. I will also be adding a larger windscreen.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #89
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,555
congrats on the 150. I am sure you will like it. I put 2400 miles on a PCX 125 in the year I owned it. Couple 400 mile weekends and the rest was on my commute.

The PCX oozes Honda quality and yes I have drank the Honda koolaid my whole life. I bought one Kawasaki never again,,,,,
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #90
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Aggressive lane splitting video on a Honda PCX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9hIsiVhQUQ