Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #106
Mrs1911fan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 View Post

She returned with a huge grin. I like seeing people with big grins after they experience their first ride or their first dirt ride. It’s good fun when it’s one of the guys and even better when it’s a gal. There aren’t many women that ride especially dual sport or dirt so I always enjoy seeing another gal joining in on the fun. Tori took to idea of riding off road.
Thanks to you Ladybug, not only did I love it, but on the way home from Hell's Canyon Mike and I decided to sell his KTM 990 and my Moto Guzzi and buy us each a BMW F650GS. The trailer is hooked up to the truck and we're leaving tomorrow to go pick up our new bikes! I have definitely gone over to the dirty side!! Can't wait to start exploring!!

Tori (Mrs1911fan)
Old 06-29-2012, 09:50 PM   #107
Special Ed_65
A.K.A. Special Ed

Oddometer: 169
Idaho Sam's side trip part 2

Trying to get out of Hell-scanyon was going to be a chore, so we came up with our master plan. Since it was ~90° and it was the hottest part of the day we decided to eat, drink, and get rested for the trip out, hoping it would cool off a little. Sam on his DRZ was first then Ewood on his GS 800 that way we had a little muscle behind him just in case, Sutterman, DanD, then me. We only had 1 real bad section and it was only about ¼ mile as Sam reinsured us.

Off we went making stops often so not to wear ourselves out before the steep and rocky section.

Ewood had a little problem just before the bad spot, he hit a rock and it bounced him off his line causing him to go down. After Ewood got going again we did not see him untill we got through the bad section.

Since I was in the rear of the pack I waited a while before I headed out. As I came around the first bend of the bad section I spotted Dan standing there looking at his KTM taking a nap. He had given me just enough room to get around. As I set my sights up the trial I could see Shutterman watching his DRZ napping too. He did not leave much room for me to get by, but I was able to make it around him on the high side. I went through the first switchback and the trail leveled out enough for me to stop my bike and give them a hand.

On my way down to help I saw Dan had made his way over to Sutterman downed DRZ.

I had to laugh because Sam was up the hill yelling to us asking if we were having problems, but all I could hear was Charlie Brown’s teacher going WA WA WAA WAAA WA WAA WA WAAAA and I think he kept it up the whole time.

Sam's view

We were able to get Shutterman up and going, then we turned to the KTM. After a few attempts we were able to get it headed up the trail again. I was a little busy and tired, so I did not get any more pictures. I really enjoyed this side trip, it would have been a little easier if we dropped our camping gear before heading down. I would defiantly do it again.

Here are a few more picture on our way to White bird were we spent the first night...

Hammer creek camp ground

http://www.motoidaho.com/
Special Ed_65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #108
smilin jack
Grandpa Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,225
Loved all the pictures

Loved all the pictures, and here are mine (already posted in the Hells Canyon thread).

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...734889&page=69

Got thru all the wind on the way home (just under 500 miles=the long way home). Even got the new chain and sprockets installed after work today. Maybe tomorrow will be the new rear tire... it's been a long work week.

Dave
smilin jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #109
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs1911fan View Post
Thanks to you Ladybug, not only did I love it, but on the way home from Hell's Canyon Mike and I decided to sell his KTM 990 and my Moto Guzzi and buy us each a BMW F650GS. The trailer is hooked up to the truck and we're leaving tomorrow to go pick up our new bikes! I have definitely gone over to the dirty side!! Can't wait to start exploring!!

Tori (Mrs1911fan)
Nice to know you found bikes for both of you so quickly. Just as soon as you can please post pictures of the new bikes.

Welcome to the dirty side and I will be looking forward to your first ride report.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote