Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 07:59 AM   #31
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,450
Live'n every childs dream that ever grew up on a bike. Way to help make it happen for him, and strong work to him, for make'n it happen!!!!!!!!!

Cant wait to see his move!

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #32
moto soto
avg underachiever

Oddometer: 17
Excellent Narrative

Subscribed. Good luck Josh and family!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #33
dmaxmike
former quadtard.

Oddometer: 745
man that has got to be one of the coolest things i have read on here, right up there with the guys who say " i think im going to race baja" and do it! so cool for you to be able to do that with your son and family!
dmaxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #34
Destry
n00b

Oddometer: 1
So Happy for you guys!!! You guys were awesome down in Mexico and it's great to see you going back. I'm sure Josh will do great and tell him to have fun! Hope to be able to share this race with my son one day! I'll be sure to keep an eye on the results!
Destry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #35
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destry View Post
So Happy for you guys!!! You guys were awesome down in Mexico and it's great to see you going back. I'm sure Josh will do great and tell him to have fun! Hope to be able to share this race with my son one day! I'll be sure to keep an eye on the results!
Thanks Destry. You have been a big influence/example for Josh and we're hoping for a positive experience in Germany.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:57 PM   #36
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by mknight View Post
Kenny, "you da man". Thank you! I got confirmation from Burt regarding your order. He's been out of town and doesn't even have the official link up on his page yet, but is working on it. Thanks.

No problem , I drop my bike alot and need the tuggers . My last enduro while I was contemplating just laying down and dying I decided that maybe I could just find some young kid who was in a lot better shape than me and help him out. That way I could still be involved in racing with out the pain and suffering. Being half German as well makes this one a no brainer in my book. Im not ready to throw in my racing towel yet but I think a tugger or T shirt purchase is a good investment in your kid. Good luck and Good Riding
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #37
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Well, we now have a little more orange in the garage. Picked up the bike (2012 KTM 250 XCFW) tonight.

The UPS guy has been dropping off goodies at our house each day and we’ve got a lot of work to do. My dog doesn’t even bark at the UPS guy anymore because he comes so often.

Unfortunately, we also have a KX250F to rebuild at the same time so he has a reliable practice bike between now and then, so we’ll be busy, busy, busy, in the garage but we’ll be having a lot of quality father/son time.

Josh also had an interesting experience yesterday. A good friend owns a local radio station and he called to see if Josh wanted to do an interview for their Sports show. Last week they interviewed Shane Watts. Shane’s wife is from the same town (Price, Utah) where the radio station is located, and then this week they interviewed Josh about his qualifying, planning, and preparation for the ISDE. It was really great to hear a radio station give air time to enduro in the same breath as the NBA Finals.

Here’s a link to the interview if anyone is interested in listening (titled “Ogden Rider, Josh Knight”).

http://www.radiop1.com/mediacenter.aspx?stationid=56&

Thanks for all the positive comments so far.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 PM   #38
jtb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,096
Shane WATTS. Now there's an Aussie who can ride! Too bad the two of them couldn't have been in the same room for some insiders tips and tricks

SOFT TO THE CORE OUTBACK NSW & SA RIDE REPORT JULY 2014
jtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:46 AM   #39
Tbone
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,249
Nothing better than bringing home a new bike!
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #40
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,073
Yeah there is nothing better than a new motorcycle. Too bad they never again look as good as rolling onto that truck the first time.

Great story. Go Josh!
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #41
jtb
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Yeah there is nothing better than a new motorcycle. Too bad they never again look as good as rolling onto that truck the first time.
But that's why we buy them... to and occasionally

If we wanted stuff to look the same as the day we bought it we'd be into art and that's just :ymca

SOFT TO THE CORE OUTBACK NSW & SA RIDE REPORT JULY 2014
jtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #42
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

We’ve been working closely with “Local Hero MX” (http://www.localheromx.com/) on a T-shirt design. It’s been a lot of work coordinating details with sponsors but we’re happy to share the final design. There are a few more sponsor logos (Rocky Mountain MC, Marc Barlage Insurance, etc.) that will be included, that aren’t on this sample, but this should give you an idea of how the shirts will look.

The image above shows the design on the front, but we’re thinking we’ll print it on the back instead (what do you all think?).

Several people have already requested shirts and we’ve got you on the list. We are really only able to make one run of these shirts, so we would appreciate any feedback if you are interested in purchasing one so we can better gauge how many to print.

We will sell these shirts at the fundraiser at OCA MX Track on July 21st, and continue to sell them up until the time we leave for Germany based on availability. Huge thanks to Jon at Local Hero MX for all his help.

You can purchase a shirt by sending me a PM or e-mail to JoshKnightISDE@gmail.com (that is also our PayPal account so you can submit payment electronically).

Josh rode the new bike last Friday at our local track and really loved it. It’s definitely setup soft for MX, but he rode it like it didn’t matter. He loved the ergonomics of the bike and said he could turn it even better and could really get up on the tank to rail the corners. He also practiced bib mousse tire changes for a few hours on Saturday with the help of multi-time ISDE participant and medalist Greg Gillian. The focus is on technique right now and dealing with the unexpected. The speed will come later.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #43
Gotlabs
Killing with kindness

Oddometer: 654
I think that would be better on the back of the shirt. Maybe the Josh to Germany, ISDE 2012 on the front left breast pocket area.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #44
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,101
Good luck Josh!
You are doing what I never could.
I tried qualifing in the late 90's,couldn't quite make the team.

I will be following your progress.

Congratulations.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #45
mknight OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlabs View Post
I think that would be better on the back of the shirt. Maybe the Josh to Germany, ISDE 2012 on the front left breast pocket area.
Thanks. We are actually going to print the entire design on the back of the shirt. The sample provided by our T-shirt guy showed it on the front. It takes him twice as much time to print front AND back and he is donating his time and design to help make this as profitable as possible, so we agreed to do the design all one side. It seems unanimous from feedback we've received that it should go on the back.