Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #751
ianbh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
I'm in the middle of my second trip with the Kevlar mesh long jacket and pants. I'm pretty happy so far but if I had it to do over again, I would do the following:
get a waist length jacket and be firmer about the sizing (smaller)
delete the two side pockets (hip pockets?) in the pants, they're almost impossible to get into
have the pant legs cut a little shorter (1"?) than Wayne recommends.
It's been in the 90s for the whole trip and it's nice to have the ventilation!
Ian, Iowa
ianbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #752
Mr Ogmore
no u

Oddometer: 427
humm the motosport website is down
Mr Ogmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:54 PM   #753
DrFaulken
Luck Bucket

Oddometer: 206
It's back up .... For those of you who missed it, their domain Web control panel was the only thing displaying. I wonder if they had a file system error or recently moved hosts. Who knows.

I had one of my blog readers get ahold of me last night wondering WTF was up with the site. Motoport seriously needs someone else to design and maintain their Web presence for them. It hurts their credibility to have such a weak site.
DrFaulken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #754
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaulken
...It hurts their credibility to have such a weak site.

You should have seen their previous site.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:25 PM   #755
DrFaulken
Luck Bucket

I am not sure which version was up about three years ago when I looked into Motoport the first time, but it turned me off big time.

From a positive point of view, my kevlar mesh pants are, well, THE PANTS. I love them. It was about 67F when I left for work this morning, and 90F when I came home. They flow so much air that I have my work pants on underneath. I'd say even with my "human clothes" on underneath they flow as much air as my Teknic perforated leather pants.

I am very happy with them, even though the knee armor placement is still off. I am considering attaching some sort of velcro strap to keep the bottom from unhooking while walking around and putting the kickstand down.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:42 PM   #756
AdvRydr
De asini vmbra disceptare

Oddometer: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRydr
I received my mesh kevlar pants with the tri-armor about a week and a half ago, and have now spent about 1500 miles in them...
Perhaps early for a crash report? I went down in gravel at about 45mph wearing Motoport mesh kevlar pants and a Santiago jaclet, and not a mark on either of them. My helmet has a good gouge in the back, though... so wear good gear, kids
Old 09-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #757
DrFaulken
Luck Bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRydr
Perhaps early for a crash report? I went down in gravel at about 45mph wearing Motoport mesh kevlar pants and a Santiago jaclet, and not a mark on either of them. My helmet has a good gouge in the back, though... so wear good gear, kids
Wow -- I don't know if I should say, "sorry" or "cool, tell me more!" How far did you slide? Did you have the hip armor installed?

Glad you're okay!
Old 09-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #758
AdvRydr
De asini vmbra disceptare

Oddometer: 3,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaulken
How far did you slide? Did you have the hip armor installed?!
I did not opt for the hip armor, and to be honest I have no idea how far I slid, other than to say that the bike, which was sliding along behind me, thankfully did not catch up to me! This was on dirt and gravel, judging by the gouges on the helmet and scratches on the tank, I would have had some gravel embedded in me had I not been wearing good stuff.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #759
dominatr37
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Motoport gear.

I've been following this thread recently, and I just wanted to say I've been wearing motoport gear for over ten years now. I recently replaced my first ultra II jacket with a new one. Both are the 1000 denier cordura, though I think I should have opted for the stretch kevlar reading about it here. I've never crashed in my gear, but I wore my first jacket until it faded from blue to white. Last weekend at the Killington Classic it rained for two out of the four days up there and with my liner in I was completely dry. Sunday it was also cool riding home, like high 50's. I put in the thermal liner and was comfortable until the temps rose and everything dried up. I removed both liners and was fine with the almost mesh-like qualities of the jackets and pants air flow.
My pants are my original 12 year old set that Wayne recentlty installed all new zippers and velcro in and replaced a few pieces of armor that had seperated over time. They stand behind their product. I have to say I am totally pleased and happy with all my motoport gear. I've worn my original jacket in 102 degree heat while making a run down from Rochester, NY to Long Island and fared better then others with other brand riding gear. The stuff flows air, period. I liekd it so much the first time around that when it came time to buy a new jacket I didn't hesitate and look at anything less expensive. Motoport is the best as far as I'm concerned.
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:44 PM   #760
gssurfer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominatr37
Motoport is the best as far as I'm concerned.
+1
gssurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #761
Effervescent
Sexiest ADVrider '13

Oddometer: 1,797
+ II

-Eff
Old 09-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #762
beck49
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
groundhog takedown

Another vote for Motoport. Groundhog jumps out of the weeds, I'm down going 40-50mph. Stretch Kevlar pants had a few small tears, all repaired by Wayne. I had no tears or damage on my legs or hips (hip pads). Replaced my Rev'it jacket (which did okay and I really liked) with the Riva Kevlar jacket from Motoport for more protection. Aside from the oustanding protection what I like about this gear is that, at least for the stetch Kevlar gear, it is incredible comfortable. And it becomes even more comfortable the more you wear it.
beck49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #763
wrigmanG/S
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
MAN! Tom Petty is right!!

The waiting is the hardest part!
wrigmanG/S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:56 AM   #764
Boon Booni
Red Clay Halo

Oddometer: 13,112
So all of you fellas with Motoport, what do you think of the liners? I just got the rain liners for the jacket and pants. I haven't had a chance to ride in the rain with them, but it's been pretty cool here, and have been using them because the mesh is too cool below 65 degrees.

My impression so far is that they fit the garmets very well. With everything attached it's like getting into the pants twice. Same ease of entry as just the pants, but you've got to two twice the number of zippers, and make sure the velcro storm flaps are done up.

I'm not sure the Airmesh with rain liner will be as good in the winter as my Darien Jacket and pants, but the liners really increase the flexibility of the Airmesh gear non the less.
Where the fuck is the road?
Boon Booni is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #765
ianbh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
liners

I bought the liners but haven't taken them on a trip-they take up a lot of room! I wouldn't buy them. I bought a set of FrogTogs at Bass Pro Shop for $40 and like them a lot better. They probably won't be as warm as the Cycleport liners. Ian, Iowa
ianbh is offline   Reply With Quote