User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #1531
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,408
The hot springs was just a big swimming pool full of hot water and noisy kids. I was really starting to feel bad so I left to find a room

Old 03-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #1532
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I arrived at Finca San Pedro and received a warm welcom by the son of the owner......Juan. I told him that I was not feeling well and he asked his mom to make me some herbal tea. At that point, i was feeling really bad and went to lie down.
30 minutes later, I spent most of the evening in the bathroom as the rest of the group staying there made fun at how bad my shoes smelled.
But it is just what the doctor ordered. I have a warm bed, hot shower and a nice family looking after me here. I am staying another night so I can stay close to a toliet

Old 03-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #1533
AT86
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 152
Wow, again great stuff and phantastic pictures. Hope you are doing better in the meantime. Still reading your posts very impressed of your travel. And glad I took my GSA yesterday out for the first ride this year because we have the first days sun here again felt since october.
So take care of yourself, beer and wine is still here waiting for you
Old 03-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #1534
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

The envelope please

I thought I would sum up my trip thru Mexico and Central America by giving awards to my favorite places along the way.
So, without any further delay.........The envelope please........

The best motorcycle road (paved):
The award goes to Copper Canyon in Mexico.......light traffic, incredible scenary and nice pavement make this the best road so far. I will be back. Honorable mention goes to the road from Durango to the Pacific Coast in Mexico. This road is carved out of the Devil's backbone and hugs the cliffs 8000 feet above sea level

THE BEST MOTORCYCLE ROAD (UNPAVED)
The award goes to the road to Semuc Champay in Guatemala.........challenging and scenic. But what made it memorible for me was riding out in the rain on that slip and slide road. Honorable mention goes to the Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica.....rugged, remote and beautiful

COUNTRY WITH THE BEST ROAD CONDITIONS
And the award goes to Mexico and Nicaragua. Modern roads and improvements make these easy countries to visit even on a Goldwing

COUNTRY WITH THE WORST ROADS:
This one is easy.......Honduras!

COUNTRY WITH THE BEST SIGNAGE
And the award goes to Mexico with honorable mention to Nicaragua

COUNTRY WITH THE WORST SIGNAGE
Guatemala. Good luck finding your way around there

COUNTRY WITH THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN
Hands down........Costa Rica. I noticed a difference as soon as I crossed the border. Honerable mention goes to Guatemala

COUNTRY WITH THE UGLIEST WOMEN
Probably not being fair here, but I would have to give that to Panama because a lot of them look like Rod Carew (monkey face)

BEST FOOD
This one is easy.....Mexico......hands down winner

BEST BEER
Again Mexico with Belize a close second. The Bohemia Chocolate Stout rocks. The Belikin Seasonal Stout is very tasty too.

WORST BEER
Take your pick of any of the light beers in Central America. They are all bad unless you are really thirsty and they are served ice cold

BEST SURF BEACH
Pavones Costa Rica. Santa Catalina Panama is a close second.

BEST PARTY TOWN
Tamarindo Costa Rica

BIGGEST HIPPY TOWN
Montezuma Costa Rica

UNSAFEST COUNTRY
All the countries I felt safe in but from some of the stories I have heard, be extra careful in El Salvador

FRIENDLIEST PEOPLE
eight way tie.......all places seem to welcome visitors with open arms but if I had to pick one, I would have to say Belize

BEST RUINS
Uxmal in Mexico because it was not as touristy as some of the other more famous ones

MOST EXPENSIVE COUNTRY
Costa Rica with Panama a close second

LEAST EXPENSIVE COUNTRY
Nicaragua, El Salvador and Guatemala. Places in Mexico are cheap too, but mostly in the southern part

MY FAVORITE COUNTRY
The Golden Globe goes to Costa Rica. I know, it was a surprise for me too. It is expensive there. It is crowded in places. It has lots of tourist. It remonds me a lot of the US in ways (bad).
But it also has everything you are looking for all in one country.
And the best looking girls seal the deal. The beaches are some the best in Central America. It has good roads. Secluded places to hide. Big volcanos to climb or drive too.
Nicaragua is a place I would like to explore more of. It is a beauiful country. Maybe like Costa Rica was 20 years ago. And Guatemala is probably the country that I am most excited to come back to. I could see myself spending more time there. And Mexico will always be a favorite of mine. It has everything you could ever want....culture, history, food, wine, beer, etc

LEAST FAVORITE COUNTRY
Not one of them (unless you count the territory of the Kuna Indians in San Blas). But the islands are so beautiful, I would go back anyway. Actually, the Indians are great when you get to the more remote islands. But the Islands near the coastal area all the Indians have their hands out looking for your money
Old 03-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #1535
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Big bikes......little boat.....THE VIDEO

Click on the picture below to watch the video
It shows my bike loaded on to a very little boat heading out to San Blas Island where it was loaded on to a bigger boat......the 75 foot Independence sailboat

Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #1536
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

True story

My Russian friend hates cockroaches.
So we went looking for a cheap hotel room in Santa Marta and he asked the guy showing us the room if the hotel had cockroaches. You should have seen the guys face. He was disgusted that he even asked that question. His reply was .........of course not!
No more than two seconds had passed and the biggest cockroach you have even seen runs across the floor right in front of our feet.
Now it was our turn for a look of disgust. Needless to say, we didnt stay there that night
Old 03-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #1537
2rock
Motoholic

Oddometer: 44
what a ride! I'm here late, but finally caught up! I'm just gonna ship my bike to Costa Rica, and call it good!!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #1538
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

feeling better?

I think I am on the road to recovery...........I just farted and I didn't have to change my underwear this time
It's the little things in life that go unnoticed like a hot shower, a healthy body and of course........a safe fart
Old 03-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #1539
Johnnydarock
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 239
BEST and WORST

Loved your "list" of BEST and WORST! Looking forward to the South American section of your report. Hope you can fart with confidence soon.

Johnnydarock
Old 03-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #1540
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2rock View Post
what a ride! I'm here late, but finally caught up! I'm just gonna ship my bike to Costa Rica, and call it good!!
Good call
Find one of those sexy Costa Rican chicas and you will be set
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #1541
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnydarock View Post
Loved your "list" of BEST and WORST! Looking forward to the South American section of your report. Hope you can fart with confidence soon.

Johnnydarock
Me too...........I am almost out of clean underwear
Old 03-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #1542
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT86 View Post
Wow, again great stuff and phantastic pictures. Hope you are doing better in the meantime. Still reading your posts very impressed of your travel. And glad I took my GSA yesterday out for the first ride this year because we have the first days sun here again felt since october.
So take care of yourself, beer and wine is still here waiting for you
Some good beer and wine might help me feel better right now. And nothing else, it would lift my spirits. See you soon.
PS a 1959 Chateau La Mission Haut Brion is my favorite
Old 03-06-2013, 04:38 AM   #1543
estebansos
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
Here's the old well that we got our water from. I pumped it thru my MSR filter and then added iodine tablets to make sure it was ok to drink. Alex thinks this is what made me sick the next day. I don't think so. I have not been feeling 100 percent since I got to Colombia. I hope what ever it is, has worked thry my system.

Alex +1
Old 03-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #1544
Travelin
Girl

Oddometer: 14
Ok, it is obviously time to step in as the testosterone is at a a critical level here. Geez....I think there are far more exciting things to talk about from your trip other than underwear and farts. REALLY?

For starters, I love this waterfall. Very cool. I think you may be a little bit off on the Vanna White thing Lalo...her shoes don't stink and she probably doesn't even wear underwear

Hope you are feeling better, but I think I would have to now make that Alex +2 on the water you drank.

Have fun, and stay safe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
Just outside of San Gil is a nice waterfall called Juan Curi. I lost Alex in the heavy traffic in town. He is not able to split thru traffic as easy as I can since his bike is as wide as a car. But we met up later at this waterfall.

Looking like Vanna White

The water was chily

Old 03-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #1545
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Ok, it is obviously time to step in as the testosterone is at a a critical level here. Geez....I think there are far more exciting things to talk about from your trip other than underwear and farts. REALLY?

For starters, I love this waterfall. Very cool. I think you may be a little bit off on the Vanna White thing Lalo...her shoes don't stink and she probably doesn't even wear underwear

Hope you are feeling better, but I think I would have to now make that Alex +2 on the water you drank.

Have fun, and stay safe...
With my stomach issues, the fun has ground to a halt for me. I have been in bed (at a nice farm hostel) sleeping and resting. I don't want to be too far from the bathroom......trust me on that one. Usually I have tons of energy, but I am feeling very weak. I might have to go to the doctor if things don't improve by tomorrow. I just had a chili dog for lunch.......this will be the ultimate test to see what my stomach does with it.....wish me and the farm's plumbing system luck here
Closed Thread