I'm with Alex and Kim. Bad water.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #1547
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Tallahassee View Post
I'm with Alex and Kim. Bad water.
But I filtered it down to point three microns and then added iodine.
So I don't think it was the water.
But regardless, I am dumping out the rest of the water I got from the well.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #1548
Voidrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 992
I'm also thinking water...but not necessarily from that holding tank.

I'm thinking maybe from one of your swimming holes. All it takes is a few drops, if its got the bad bugs in it.

You're dealing with one of my more serious travel concerns. I've been sidelined by regular city water just in the W. US. Do not even get me started on the "greasy spoons" so many are enamored with. The consistency of regular fast food type chains for me is less interesting, but it does tend to allow me to travel without digestive disturbances.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #1549
Shapi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
As a side note, the owner of the hostel told me the my feet and clothes sink so bad that he wants all that stuff out of his house in the morning. I guess its time to clean up my act. I also made a mess of the bathroom room but I cleaned that up.......trust me, you don't want to know the details[/QUOTE]

Damn barnacles
Old 03-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #1550
Bgunn
Mucha distancia

Oddometer: 1,338
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
With my stomach issues, the fun has ground to a halt for me. I have been in bed (at a nice farm hostel) sleeping and resting. I don't want to be too far from the bathroom....

I'm not a doctor, but I play one one ADVrider

Wondering if a course of Zithromax may be in order for "adios amebas "
Old 03-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #1551
MotoGypsy
Occasional rambler

Oddometer: 35
Sorry Lalo, one more adv'er in the nasty water camp. That stuff looked putrid! See a Doc if it continues. I got the runs once on bike trip so I found a good little motel and laid around for a couple of days. Felt way better once I got back on the bike. Good luck!
-steve
Old 03-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #1552
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

On the road again

I am feeling a bit better this morning so I am going to leave my bed and head to Villa de Leiva.
Then Bogota tomorrow
Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #1553
watatoo
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hola Lalo,

Its Derek, the KLR rider, from the Independence. Ever think that maybe you illness is a "Cold War" sabotage from your riding partner Alex, eh? Otherwise looks like Colombia is treating you well. Melissa and I are in Medellin outfitting the bikes with some new parts. Then off to the coffee country. Heard some rumors that the highway was closed due to the coffee workers strike. Guess ill find out in a day or two. Ill keep and eye out for the Flying Dutchman in the country side.

For you other readers. I thought I would add that along with the allegations of Lalo destroying the Kuna Islands, there were rumors that a "white devil" burnt down the local orphanage. Still no evidence....

Here are a few photos i had on my camera:

Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #1554
gbacque
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by watatoo View Post

For you other readers. I thought I would add that along with the allegations of Lalo destroying the Kuna Islands, there were rumors that a "white devil" burnt down the local orphanage. Still no evidence....

Don't know man, that is the face of an orphanage burning white devil if I ever saw one.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #1555
quimexa
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Bravo!!! BRAVO!!!!!! hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
MY FAVORITE COUNTRY
The Golden Globe goes to Costa Rica.
Hope you feel better soon.......
Old 03-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #1556
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by watatoo View Post
Hola Lalo,

Its Derek, the KLR rider, from the Independence. Ever think that maybe you illness is a "Cold War" sabotage from your riding partner Alex, eh? Otherwise looks like Colombia is treating you well. Melissa and I are in Medellin outfitting the bikes with some new parts. Then off to the coffee country. Heard some rumors that the highway was closed due to the coffee workers strike. Guess ill find out in a day or two. Ill keep and eye out for the Flying Dutchman in the country side.

Here are a few photos i had on my camera:

Derek, great to hear from you.
And thanks for posting those pictures of our bikes being loaded on to the boat in San Blas. It really captures the moment and it is a moment I will not soon forget.
As for that last picture..........well, it just shows two guys smiling for the camera and having a sip of rum. There is no proof that I had anything to do with the fire that destroyed the island. And the Indians could not demonstrate that I was the one that took TV and cartoons away from the orphans. They could not produce the stick weapon that I allegedly used to cause the catastrophic damage to said island.
The white devil is just one of their demons that lives in their minds brought about from their continuous drunkenness.
I am in Villa de Levya now.
Heading to Bogota tomorrow
I hear those coffee strikers mean business. Be careful
I hope to meet up with you two in Ecuador.
Say hi to Mel
And see you both down the road
Lalo
Old 03-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #1557
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbacque View Post
Don't know man, that is the face of an orphanage burning white devil if I ever saw one.

I am innocent!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is my hair sticking up.........they are not horns
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #1558
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quimexa View Post
Bravo!!! BRAVO!!!!!! hahahaha

Hope you feel better soon.......

Thanks, feeling much better
I have my energy back
Old 03-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #1559
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Feeling much better!!

Wow, what a difference a day makes.
I am in Villa de Levya Colombia right now.
For the past 2 days, some alien bug entered my body and took every last ounce of energy from me.
But I have my energy back and got back on the bike to explore more of this beautiful country.
I didn’t know it, but Colombia makes wine. I figured it was too tropical to make any good here but I found a winery and thought I would give it a try.
To make a long story short, I met with the owner and he opened up all kinds of different kinds of wine for me. And some of it was pretty good to my surprise. The winery is at 8500 in elevation.
His brother stopped by with his wife and we were all drinking wine together. It was his birthday. I was carrying a Lan Reserva from Rioja Spain with me that I bought in Panama so I opened it up for the group. It was amazing.
Then they invited me to stay and have dinner with the them. It was lamb, potatoes, veggies and pasta. And it was probably the best meal I had the entire trip. I had three plates. We had even more wine and I had some new Colombian friends.
What made this day so special was the fact that no amount of money can buy this type of thing. It is incredible how much you can receive with a smile and some kindness in this world. It’s priceless!

Pictures to follow
Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #1560
hankgs
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,815
^^^^^

That is SUCH a great story... That is what it's all about! Thanks for representing man!
Closed Thread