Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #1591
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,424
This spot is called Salto de Angel.
It is a trail on a ridge. It is about 100 feet down on one side and 500 feet down the other.
And there is a narrow part that is only one foot wide that you have to walk across.
If you fall......you die!

Old 03-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #1592
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Video

Click on the picture below to watch the VIDEO of me walking across the Salto de Angel. This was more scary than it looks on video. If I fell off the edge, I would be dead for sure. And my crazy Colombian friend rode his dirt bike across it when he was a kid.......now that's nutz!

Old 03-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #1593
lqgsrider
LQDesert Rider

Oddometer: 323
Lalo,

Good pics. I'm glad you are feeling better. What brand of tires are you using and how are they wearing?

Cheers,

Mark
Old 03-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #1594
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqgsrider View Post
Lalo,

Good pics. I'm glad you are feeling better. What brand of tires are you using and how are they wearing?

Cheers,

Mark
I am using the Heidenau K60's
I like them and hoping to buy some here in Bogota
Old 03-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #1595
Travelin
Girl

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
With my stomach issues, the fun has ground to a halt for me. I have been in bed (at a nice farm hostel) sleeping and resting. I don't want to be too far from the bathroom......trust me on that one. Usually I have tons of energy, but I am feeling very weak. I might have to go to the doctor if things don't improve by tomorrow. I just had a chili dog for lunch.......this will be the ultimate test to see what my stomach does with it.....wish me and the farm's plumbing system luck here
Glad you are feeling better, and back to exploring. I feel so bad for the winery owner that you spoke about, how disheartening that someone would do that to a family, and their livelihood.

I would never walk across that thin trail...give me a plane to jump out of, or a class 5 rapids, but that doesn't look like fun to me.

Thanks for the photos..

Cheers!
Old 03-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #1596
Eagletalon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Great pics keep them coming man

Later
John
Old 03-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #1597
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Glad you are feeling better, and back to exploring. I feel so bad for the winery owner that you spoke about, how disheartening that someone would do that to a family, and their livelihood.

I would never walk across that thin trail...give me a plane to jump out of, or a class 5 rapids, but that doesn't look like fun to me.

Thanks for the photos..

Cheers!
I had a little relapse yesterday.
But I took some drugs (finally) to kill those bugs in my stomach
Feeling better today.

That Salto de Angel was scary. I saw pictures of it and it looked fun. When I got there, at first I wasn't sure I could do it. But it was just like walking down a narrow sidewalk. The wind made it even more scary
Old 03-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #1598
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagletalon View Post
Great pics keep them coming man

Later
John
I will keep posting um when I can
Internet speed in sketchy here
Thanks
lalo
Old 03-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #1599
Krime
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Incredible adventure! Finally caught up after reading through every post. Look forward to following for many months to come.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:29 AM   #1600
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Bogota

It's a city of 10,000,000 people.
First thing I noticed about Colombia is the people drive much more aggressively here.
And there are a lot more cars and motorcycles on the road.
Going back to the beginnig of my blog, I met 13 guys from Colombia on one of by Baja tours. So I stayed in contact with them.
I am staying with one of the guys at his place.......and wow! What a place.
It is a high-rise apartment over-looking the entire city. And from this prospective, its a big city. There are high-rise building everywhere. They are slowly tearing down all the single and double story buildings and putting up 8 to 15 story buildings everywhere. there is no more land to build outside the city because the mountains enclose the boundries of the city. I think this might be the fate of Los Angeles as well- high rise building everywhere!
The first day, Sabastian took me to his club where I got a well needed 1 hour massage. After that, a breakfast buffet with all the bacon I could eat (no wonder I get sick). Then he and I drove out of town with Luis and his beautiful GF to Sabastian's property in the mountains. He owns about 15 acres on top of this mountain over looking a huge lake at 10,000 fet in elevation. It was absolutely beautiful. He goes there on weekends to escape the city.
Then we had dinner at a cool restaurant just outside of town. It was very popular and busy on that Saturday night. I was amazed how many people both luis and Sabastian know in town.
On Sunday, we rode mountain bikes around town and then had dinner at a nice Italian restaurant with his family (mom, dad, wife and 2 sisters)
I have been putting off doing my bike maintenance but today is the day I am going to serviice the bike and get it ready for my trip south to Argentina. That is if I make it out of Bogota.......did I mention they drive insane here????
Old 03-11-2013, 05:33 AM   #1601
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krime View Post
Incredible adventure! Finally caught up after reading through every post. Look forward to following for many months to come.
Thanks for the kind words
I am curious......how long did it take you to read my entire RR now that it is over 100 pages?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #1602
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Dinner

Sabastian and I at dinner with Luis and his GF

Old 03-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #1603
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Lifting 50 kilos of potatoes

Old 03-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #1604
Krime
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words
I am curious......how long did it take you to read my entire RR now that it is over 100 pages?
It's tough to say as I broke it up over a few days but I'd estimate about 8-10 hours in total. ;)
Old 03-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #1605
Travelin
Girl

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Click on the picture below to watch the VIDEO of me walking across the Salto de Angel. This was more scary than it looks on video. If I fell off the edge, I would be dead for sure. And my crazy Colombian friend rode his dirt bike across it when he was a kid.......now that's nutz!

I had missed the video....you are insane! You were walking across and looking down and all around. I wouldn't have been able to do it!
Closed Thread