Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #1831
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,444
Video

CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW TO WATCH THE VIDEO

It's me and my Russian friend Alex flying thru Colombia at 100 mph. You have to check out his fully loaded bike complete with a wench and kiteboard

Old 03-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #1832
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Video

CLICK ON THE PICTURE BELOW TO WATCH THE VIDEO
It shows some of the beautiful back roads in Colombia

Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 AM   #1833
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

That fateful night

I met some friends from Colombia and Mexico the night I got robbed. They were staying in a hotel across from where I was camped. We went to dinner and had some fun on the beach. Here is a picture that shows the spot that I was camped when I was robbed by the 3 punks. BTW, the Mexican girl next to me was a hottie.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #1834
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Playing on the beach with some new friends

Old 03-29-2013, 08:14 AM   #1835
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I've got the world AND the sun in the palm of my hands

Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #1836
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

What do they say about red skies at night?
With all the smoke in the air here, ever night has a red sky.
This was taken the night I got robbed.
I actually got my phone back so I really didn't get robbed. I wasn't assulted because they never touched me. My tent got ripped so I guess you can say I got vandlized

Old 03-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #1837
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Here is where it all happened. You can see my little Palapa on the beach that I paid the old man $2 so I could use it. It was in town. There were people near by. I am glad all that happened was my tent got vandlized and I got a good workout in my underwear running after the bad guys

Old 03-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #1838
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

The morning after the attack, I went to the Machalilla National Park and did some body surfing and just hung out on the beach there

Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #1839
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I dropped off my tent at a sewing shop in Puerto Lopez. She wanted $5 to fix my tent. I handed her $10 and told he to do a good job. I returned after my day at the beach and my tent is back in one piece again. They did a great job. The one black panel is not see thru mesh but it looks great, it seems strong and it will keep the bugs out. When I look at this one black panel, I will remember the night that the 3 jerks tried to rob me.
I got my phone back, my tent repaired and it makes a great story how I chased them down in my underwear

Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #1840
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgindy View Post
Dang. Shitty about the tent but better they didn't try to come after you. Props for choosing the fight side of flight or fight. Showed those pussies.
I am about a foot taller than just about everyone here. And I carry a big knife too. If those guys didn't run so fast away from the scene and would have had some balls and stood their ground, I might have had second thoughts about chasing after them. But they were little chicken shits and it turns out, they were more scared than me
Old 03-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #1841
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimj View Post
Man, sorry to hear of this misadventure. I hope this will not give you some sort of trauma. Fortunately you didn't get physicially hurt. Wishing you all the best!
I am going to sleep in my tent again soon. Next time in a more secure environment.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #1842
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
That's a bummer, but don't let that ruin your trip, and remember, heroes die faster...you've got a knife, the guy might have a gun. The you might see yourself in one of these :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE

anyway, you were bound to run into guys like that sooner or later, it's good it was in such an uneventful way, i mean, you could easily been harmed and see all your stuff vanish instead of only a phone :)
I was thinking, if I had a gun with me, those guys would be dead. It was dark and one of the guys was holding something like a gun. I couldn't actually see what it was. It all happened so fast. I was watching all three guys at the same time. But I was mostly focused on the knife plunging in to my tent. That is what really pissed me off. If they didn't rip my tent, I might have just handed them my phone.
I love my tent!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #1843
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT86 View Post
Sorry to hear about your nightmare adventure. I would have expected stuff like that more in Colombia then down there.
Take care and be good to your body.
Colombia was good. But I didn't camp much there either

It could happen anywhere

I just need to watch my back better

It was a good learning experience
Old 03-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #1844
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
I've been following this thread for a while and I'm sorry to see this happen to you. Your trip through the Americas has been both amazing and inspirational. Getting robbed sucks, but you've accomplished a lot already and don't let this speed bump ruin the rest of your trip. Be well!
That same night, a fellow traveler got their car keyed in front of their hotel about 100 yards from where I was camped. It appears the bad guys tried to break in to the car, and out of frustration, they keyed the car.
If they did something to hurt my motorcycle, then I might have not stopped to pick up my phone and just beat the shit out of the guy instead. My tent is one thing, but my bike is a completely different story. Don't mess with my GS
Old 03-29-2013, 08:55 AM   #1845
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagespeed View Post
aww man, that sucks. :( the tent can be stitched up & sealed though, much easier & cheaper than you can.
$10 and it is good as new
And even with insurance and co pays, it would have been much more if that blade came just about a foot closer
Closed Thread