Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #3646
WacoDirtryder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
I would love to have my CBR1100XX over in Europe. The BMW is a great bike but it rides like an SUV. And it cruises at 80 where as the Honda loves to be up in the triple digit speeds. In Spain and Portugal, I am getting blown off the road by little four cylinder cars.
Maybe next year if I come back, I can do Europe on a bike with some bigger balls.
It could be worse you could be riding a KTM and be broke down 40 times in the last 40k miles you have rode at least your running 80.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #3647
TomsFunMachine
Apprentice Adventure

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
I stopped at Hess in Mt Veeder at the beginning of my trip.
Nice area to live
Enjoy the Silver Oak, especially the Napa (the Alexander valley, not so much).
Jealous
Next time I am up that way we can meet up for a glass of wine
Mt. Veeder is a great little ride. To tell you the truth, I'm not a huge fan of Hess's wines, or the art collection. I'm not sure why, I guess it's not really my style. That said, it's a cool place to visit and bring friends. My new local favorite is Artesa, a couple miles south of our home. Stunning views of the north bay on a clear day from their deck, awesome wines, great tasting room.

Meeting up for a glass of wine sometime after your adventure would be perfect... it's the least I could do for the hours of entertainment you've provided with with your blog! If you have time and I can arrange it in advance, you'd enjoy tasting and pairing at Palmaz on the south east side of the valley. 99% of the winery, operation and tasting room is as much as 7 stories underground, the place is a lot of fun. Julio Palmaz has an amazing private collection of vintage Porsches perfect for car guys like me, most of with have raced at LeMans at one time. If you know to ask, the room can be made part of the tour, I've been there a few times for private functions and tasting with friends, no disappointments.

Winery:
http://www.palmazvineyards.com/

Cars:
https://www.google.com/search?q=palm...w=1049&bih=452

My GF's magazine:
http://www.napavalleylifemagazine.com/
Old 08-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #3648
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsFunMachine View Post
Mt. Veeder is a great little ride. To tell you the truth, I'm not a huge fan of Hess's wines, or the art collection. I'm not sure why, I guess it's not really my style. That said, it's a cool place to visit and bring friends. My new local favorite is Artesa, a couple miles south of our home. Stunning views of the north bay on a clear day from their deck, awesome wines, great tasting room.

Meeting up for a glass of wine sometime after your adventure would be perfect... it's the least I could do for the hours of entertainment you've provided with with your blog! If you have time and I can arrange it in advance, you'd enjoy tasting and pairing at Palmaz on the south east side of the valley. 99% of the winery, operation and tasting room is as much as 7 stories underground, the place is a lot of fun. Julio Palmaz has an amazing private collection of vintage Porsches perfect for car guys like me, most of with have raced at LeMans at one time. If you know to ask, the room can be made part of the tour, I've been there a few times for private functions and tasting with friends, no disappointments.

Winery:
http://www.palmazvineyards.com/

Cars:
https://www.google.com/search?q=palm...w=1049&bih=452

My GF's magazine:
http://www.napavalleylifemagazine.com/

Holy Shit
Please tell me those re not all his cars
How many 917's does a man need?
I think we would get along well as I am big car guy and have a few cool cars but nothing like this guy.
I like Hess wines but only their good single vineyard stuff.
And if you want a cool ride, head out to Colome in Northern Argentina.
I have pictures of my visit here on my blog and it is owned by Donald Hess.
Artesa is a wonderful winery. For the price, it is hard to beat.
We will stay in touch and I would very much like to visit the winery and see the cars.
I have gone to the Pebble Beach/Laguna Seca Classic Car weekend every year for the past 20 years but sadly I will be missing it this year.
They are going to have up to 30 Alfa Romeo 8C cars there and then after that, they are going on a 1000 mile drive around the Rockies.
Too much fun
Old 08-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #3649
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Still sick

Well, I missed my flight last night - this time by choice. I still had a 100 degree temp. Plus I would have probably spent most of the flight on the toilet seat. Kathe insisted I not go and just stay an extra day. But Kathe flew out to Miami late last night so I am here at the house without her. I have her mom taking car of me. It is really nice.
I didn't feel like eating much yesterday. And this morning, my stomach was hurting me. I am not sure if I was just hungry or it was feeling sick.
I went to the store on the corner and bought all the wrong stuff to eat with a sick stomach. But that ice cream tasted sooooooo good.
Take THAT stomach!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:01 AM   #3650
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 840
Hope you get well soon! Nice of Kathe and her family to take you in!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #3651
Patrol
VALE 46!

Oddometer: 1,366
I'm up to page 204 but I snuck ahead to make sure the Peruvian Bombshell is still around. Good catch!

Back to 204.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #3652
Patrol
VALE 46!

+1 for Lalo replacing the Dos Equis guy.

I don't always hook up with stunning Peruvian bikini models, but when I do, I do it after chasing armed robbers in my underwear while riding a motorcycle around the world. Stay thirsty my friend.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #3653
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,729
Quote:
....Take THAT stomach!!!!!!!!!!
haha, beat that fucker into submission! just like something else that i'm sure you're beating into submission...

get well man, take ur time and heal up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol View Post
...I don't always hook up with stunning Peruvian bikini models, but when I do, I do it after chasing armed robbers in my underwear while riding a motorcycle around the world. Stay thirsty my friend.
haha, awesome! +1

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
Old 08-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #3654
Patrol
VALE 46!

I'm caught up! What a roller coaster. Part of the problem for me has been as I followed along I watched the videos, then Googled locations, looked at them on Google Earth, dug out my own pictures of my own visits to some of these spots, and frequently uncorked wine after reading your thoughts on various wines. Rothchild Mouton Cadet at the moment.

I completely relate to you ex-GF/property situation. I had a former step-father throw all of my family photos/heirlooms/yearbooks/letters in the garbage when I refused his blackmail demands. At some point you have to say screw it, it's all just stuff.

Hoping you're feeling better.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #3655
Patrol
VALE 46!

When you were in Andorra I was praying you were going to bump into Cyril Despres but of course he was away preparing for Rallye Dos Sertoes. That's about the only thing this RR is missing.

I'm 3/4 through this bottle of Mouton Cadet. I better stop typing now or it'll be all swearing and spelling mistakes. "Hey Patrol types with Tourettes". Grrr dirty shit donkey fuck lol.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:13 AM   #3656
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

The hospital

yesterday, I woke up feeling like shit.
My temperature went up to 101 F
I was dizzy and my body was sore all over.
Plus I was very weak.
I don't think I have ever gone to the hospital for an illness, at least not as an adult. I have had to go to the hospital for injuries but not because I was feeling bad. And because it was getting worse after 2 days, I had Kathe's mom take me.
First off, let me say that I hate hospitals. I don't like being around a bunch of sick people. And why do all hospitals have that certain small???
Well, I have to say, this hospital was pretty nice. And it was busy too.
Within about 5 minutes, they put me in my own room. The first order of business was to start an IV. My body drank up a whole liter of fluid. I am still not sure if there was medicine in that IV or not. I was at the hospital for about 2 hours and I left with some Pepto and a liter of red fluid to drink. The doctor says I have Enterecolitis...... Inflammation and infection of the intestines (enterocolitis)
As I am just waking up this morning, I am not sure it is working yet. I still feel terrible and weak.
On the bright side, Kathe comes home this evening. I am looking forward to getting back to my moto but I am staying put here until I am sure I am feeling better. I am far too dizzy and weak to be riding a motorcycle. And besides, I surely would soil my nice Rev'it pants........yeah, it's that bad!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #3657
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrol View Post
+1 for Lalo replacing the Dos Equis guy.

I don't always hook up with stunning Peruvian bikini models, but when I do, I do it after chasing armed robbers in my underwear while riding a motorcycle around the world. Stay thirsty my friend.
I am not feeling so tough right now with these little bugs in my stomach kicking my ass
Old 08-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #3658
Patrol
VALE 46!

That sucks. Is the red potion a liquid antibiotic? Better be.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #3659
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Get Well Card

Hey Ed-

WTF? This getting sick thing was not part of the script? Bummer Dude! I know we have the same type humor. So, here's something to cheer you up....................

Get well soon amigo!

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Old 08-03-2013, 09:52 AM   #3660
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker747 View Post
Hey Ed-

WTF? This getting sick thing was not part of the script? Bummer Dude! I know we have the same type humor. So, here's something to cheer you up....................

Get well soon amigo!

Thanks Milk Face
That's a classic
Loved it
And it was my first smile in two days
Closed Thread