Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #6256
nameless
100% recyclable

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
I went to the war museum in Ho Chi Minh City
And if ever, as an American, i wanted to crawl in to a hole and hide, it was here.
It was by far the most moving museum i have ever been to
The killing fields.........no way
Auswitz in poland.....not even close

And before be send our troops off to war again somewhere in the world and start bombing the hell out of a country, it might be
This is the best reason to travel, to see things with our own eyes. It is probably very difficult to find a country in the world that doesn't have something to be ashamed 't some point or the other so in a way we are all to blame, and all responsible to do better.
Great posts as always, riding a motorbike through those streets is an intense
experience :) i've only experienced it in a Tuk-tuk but could tell that it's an organized chaos , and yes, all of a sudden there would come a girl, with a baby on her lap, riding while on the phone....and i'm not exaggerating...F* yeah heheh

'13 Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré
Keep Calm
and
Carry On
Old 03-21-2014, 10:01 AM   #6257
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,377
same same

The one thing that i learned from traveling is that everyone in the world is the same
Yeah, there are little differences like what colors their skin is or what color their favorite motorcycle is..........but the basics are the same. And that is good.
Here i am in Vietnam.......a communist country half away around the world from mine.......the people look different........they speak a language where i can not even come close to knowing what they are saying...........but down stairs in the hotel i am staying, they have live music playing to a predominately local crowd that sounds a lot like Linkin Park and Stone Temple Pilots. People are drinking and laughing on this Friday night here in Da Lat. The guys are checking out the girls and hoping to get lucky tonight. And the girls are doing their best to pretend not to notice or care even though they spent over an hour doing their nails, hair and choosing what to wear so they would be noticed. Between songs, they go on to the i phones and check their facebook page
They worked hard all day and it time for a little fun. The people here in Vietnam want peace, love, food, drink, shelter and inspire to own nice things. Really no difference from us America who want life liberty and our pursuit for happiness.
We are all the same.
Ok, back to the music.
I love Linkin Park
Old 03-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #6258
Long Trail
adv dreamer

Oddometer: 51
In your travels to many different countries have you ran into any anti-American cultures? I just wonder if there are people who openly resent Americans when you come through their country.

Reading about that museum, it brings to light the suffering innocent people had to endure due to the war effort. Does it seem like the people as a majority have moved on and forgiven the things that transpired?
Old 03-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #6259
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Trail View Post
In your travels to many different countries have you ran into any anti-American cultures? I just wonder if there are people who openly resent Americans when you come through their country.

Reading about that museum, it brings to light the suffering innocent people had to endure due to the war effort. Does it seem like the people as a majority have moved on and forgiven the things that transpired?
I have met some travelers that have had a bad taste in their mouth for Americans but it was just a few rare examples
But people that travel usually judge the individual and not by the passport they carry.....which has been great.
So far, i have not run across anyone that lives locally that has hated Americans in general. If anywhere, i would expect to find it here in Vietnam, but so far it's been just the opposite.
But i am heading north still.......we will see what happens when in cross the DMZ
Old 03-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #6260
VietHorse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,382
Sometimes, surfing on non-Vietnamese site, I'd like to talk, to share with the world about Vietnam which very much different from what people normally "think" of.
Well, I don't want to judge people, who just "think" or "heard" about Vietnam and Vietnamese, and never seen, never met by themselves.
Thanks Ed for bringing something which I may spent hours to say, but may be not many people listen.
Sorry if those words hurt someone. It's now almost 01:00AM Saturday. And I will go for a ride out with my son in next 5 hours - yes, riding in our beautiful and friendly Vietnam.

P/s: I don't feel shame to add this thread to my topic All about Vietnam. I will pick up from page #411.

Old 03-22-2014, 03:18 AM   #6261
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,857
Well I rarely read ride reports anymore, but this one just grabbed me. After many marathon reading sessions I'm caught up and just blown away. This ranks among the best from StrikingViking, Colebatch and RTWDoug.

Thank you for sharing the ups and downs and incredible luck you are having. Carry on!
Old 03-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #6262
prooney377
Pete Rooney

Oddometer: 46
We are all the same

Globally we may have different colours of skin, we may be raised differently and we may have different beliefs. But ultimately I really believe that people are fundamentally the same; they just want to be free to enjoy a peaceful life where they get to raise their kids to enjoy a better life than their own.

It's politicians that start the wars and conflicts that ordinary people have to fight and deal with the consequences of.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:18 PM   #6263
lqgsrider
LQDesert Rider

Oddometer: 356
Keep up the wonderful RR
Old 03-23-2014, 01:03 AM   #6264
VietHorse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,382
Just done a 400km trip with my son, to a different destination of Lalo.
I believe my friends in Dalat have shown you all best stuff there. My Friends in Nha Trang also great!
Stay tune, he will have so much to share from Dalat and Nha Trang.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:31 AM   #6265
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

After leaving Saigon, my first stop was the beach town Mui Ne.
Lots of travelers there, especially Russians.
Beautiful beaches

Old 03-23-2014, 08:34 AM   #6266
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

After spending the night at a family's house that the guys in Ho chi Minh City set me up with, i spent most of the next day just relaxing on the beach.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:37 AM   #6267
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

I wasn't sure how much camping i would do here in Vietnam but it is like all the other countries. There are lots of opportunities to free camp. I found this abandoned building on the coast which was perfect for the night

Old 03-23-2014, 08:39 AM   #6268
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

To get my motorcycle inside the building, i had to ride my motorcycle up these stairs

Old 03-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #6269
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Fairy canyon hike

Old 03-23-2014, 01:26 PM   #6270
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Here are some pictures some of you have been waiting fpr

Closed Thread