Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #6811
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBKK View Post
I daresay you seem to be leaving at just the right time! Earlier today on highway 118 between Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai-

Happy Trails dude!!
Wow, yet another earthquake......still going as i am typing this
Old 05-05-2014, 06:04 PM   #6812
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3horsepack View Post
Hey Ed, thank you for taking the time to put this on your blog. I know it means the world to them and others who see this. I made a donation to the orphanage and hope others do too. Think were how far Ed is out of the way this place is. Just a thought. Thanks Ed and keep on going.
So cool
The kids will be so happy
Old 05-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #6813
8lives
Oops I fell again

Oddometer: 1,730
Keep us on your list when the trip resumes
Old 05-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #6814
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
2 Questions

Hey Ed -

1. R u heading back to SoCal and hang'n it up for a while? I must have missed something in the R/R..........

2. Is it just me? Or is Lalo a splitt'n image of Michael Hall from Dexter?

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

Creeker747 screwed with this post 05-05-2014 at 07:58 PM
Old 05-06-2014, 02:01 AM   #6815
Wimke1971
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Hi Lalo, i had the last westvleteren yesterday!

We all thought of you here in Belgium while drinking it.

Have fun wherever you go!
In the summer we all go to calglary and then to san francisco, california, vegas and new york (21 days, peanuts compaired to your trip, but i ll hope it will be fun too)

Enjoy the ride and stay safe!!!
Wim and kristien, karen and Ellen (they all love u)!
Old 05-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #6816
Stonedude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Like many others I will be waiting impatiently till you resume your journey. (it is THAT good)

Good luck on the travels and take care Lalo!

13' Tiger 800xc
Old 05-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #6817
redwine65
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
when your able to resume your adventure, where will you ride next? russia?africa? or parts of europe or south asia, you didn't go?
Old 05-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #6818
mary
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
Forget Thailand..........this beach is only a day's drive from the San Diego border. I have even made it there in time for lunch

appears the bird are curious about you....

nice photos!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:47 AM   #6819
mary
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
There is this town in Thailand called Lopburi that you would swear was being run by monkeys......real monkeys

Actually they are mostly in just one area around the old temples, but there are literally thousands of monkeys running around

And it stinks like monkey piss

sounds like our Administration here in the US... sheesh
Old 05-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #6820
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

the lesser of all evils

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary View Post
sounds like our Administration here in the US... sheesh
It's fun to joke about it and it is by no means perfect, but the American government is the best governmental system in the world. And in my experience, it cetainly could be much worse judging from some of the countries i visited. And that is not just my opinion, it is how the world feels as well. And there is no better proof of this than the world's confidence in the almighty dollar. The dollar is the world's currency and accepted and trusted as a store of value more than any other currency in the world. And that is a fact. Some countries even use it as their own currency or base the value of their currency using the dollar as a benchmark.
On a micro level, there is room for improvement in our system of government (i.e. it's foreign policy, health care, etc.), but that is just one man's opinion. But on a macro level, the world has confidence and trust in our government like no other and as Americans, we should feel proud of that.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #6821
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,321
Quote:
It's fun to joke about it and it is by no means perfect, but the American government is the best governmental system in the world. And in my experience, it cetainly could be much worse judging from some of the countries i visited. And that is not just my opinion, it is how the world feels as well. And there is no better proof of this than the world's confidence in the almighty dollar. The dollar is the world's currency and accepted and trusted as a store of value more than any other currency in the world. And that is a fact. Some countries even use it as their own currency or base the value of their currency using the dollar as a benchmark.
On a micro level, there is room for improvement in our system of government (i.e. it's foreign policy, health care, etc.), but that is just one man's opinion. But on a macro level, the world has confidence and trust in our government like no other and as Americans, we should feel proud of that.
Thanks for the reminder Lalo. Sometimes it's all too easy to get spun up by all the political hate in this country.

So, we going to drink some Belgians while you're here?
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Old 05-07-2014, 10:17 AM   #6822
3horsepack
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 49
Thanks for being American with a spine.

Quote:
Ed, it is nice to see what not watching US Cable News i,e. Fox news will do for someone. Unfortunately many people in the US that have never traveled outside of its border do not get to see the difference. They don't know how good we have it. Keep on traveling.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #6823
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3horsepack View Post
Ed, it is nice to see what not watching US Cable News i,e. Fox news will do for someone. Unfortunately many people in the US that have never traveled outside of its border do not get to see the difference. They don't know how good we have it. Keep on traveling.
Another area where Americans have it good is our taxes are relatively low. I know it is counter intuitive from what most people think, but as consumers, no other country that i know of has it better than the US consumer.

Right now i am drinking a bottle of Pellegrino water. In Peru, Laos or Canada, that same bottle of water would be 150 to 200% more. Same holds true for cars, motorcycles, computers or just about anything imported.
My Honda CRF that is built in Thailand costs roughly the same in Thailand as it does in the US because the consumer taxes are nearly zero for each country. But a Harley Davidson built in the US costs twice as much in Thailand because there is a nearly 100 % tax in Thailand on such motorcycles. Not really fair from a producer's standpoint, but for the consumer in the US, we never had it so good.
At the US airport, i could see people checking in their luggage with new big screen tv's and expensive mountain bikes bought in the US and bringing it all back to their foreign country. And their saving could just about pay for their plane ticket home.
How crazy is that?
And all the hassles that i have gone thru at each border when temporarily importing my motorcycle is because of that country's fear that i will sell my bike there and no taxes would be paid.
But that is one reason our country is so wealthy because we have a consumer driven economy. As long as we keep on spending, everything will be ok
Old 05-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #6824
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Thanks for the reminder Lalo. Sometimes it's all too easy to get spun up by all the political hate in this country.

So, we going to drink some Belgians while you're here?
I got warmed up on my last day in Thailand and i am looking forward to putting back some more........so any time, i am ready

Old 05-07-2014, 01:09 PM   #6825
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,321
Quote:
I got warmed up on my last day in Thailand and i am looking forward to putting back some more........so any time, i am ready

That's the one beer I still haven't been able to find.

PM me when you're back and let's get together for a couple (or more) beers!
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Closed Thread