Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #7186
TortugaRolling
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Living the dream..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortugaRolling View Post
Tam arrives on the island. Ed dies. The end.
Eddie,
You know I don't want you dead! What else would all of us wanna be's do without your stories? Just saying that a women who is cool with you spawning a bunch of rug rats with other women is rare. Most would kill you. So... if Tam is cool with that ..maybe she's cool with other things?? Just sayin
Old 06-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #7187
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,628
I still need to do Africa too......the right way.....from top to bottom. Or bottom to top.

Then there is Australia, Indonesia, India and Nepal.

And The Stans

But i need to time the seasons. Or at least i want to so i get the most out of it.

For Africa, i wanto start in S Africa around March at the end of their summer, get to Namibia while the desert is cooling down in April, Botswana by May/June for their dry season, Kenya in summer and Ethiopia by October in time for their dry season.

Australia would start in January in the south and ride north as the season cools.
Indonesia, their dry season starts in June. And India/Nepal, September thru November.

I think i have my next four years planned out.

And as long as i am not dead, i am going to make it all happen.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:24 PM   #7188
The Bigfella
Big Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,293
Time the seasons? Why? Get out there and ride it....

Asia, for example, is much better in the wet season

Look.... no dust.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:18 AM   #7189
OK Lucinda
n00b

Oddometer: 200
[QUOTE=flyingdutchman177;24375558]I still need to do Africa too......the right way.....from top to bottom. Or bottom to top./QUOTE]

The right way? Humility isn't your thing. There have been many solo rtw riders who have lapped and explored Africa through the worst of DRC etc and you are telling us that you are going to do it the 'right way'? What way is that? What did these guys before you not understand that you do?
Old 06-12-2014, 04:23 AM   #7190
nameless
100% recyclable

Oddometer: 127
Thumb

[QUOTE=OK Lucinda;24376425]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
I still need to do Africa too......the right way.....from top to bottom. Or bottom to top./QUOTE]

The right way? Humility isn't your thing. There have been many solo rtw riders who have lapped and explored Africa through the worst of DRC etc and you are telling us that you are going to do it the 'right way'? What way is that? What did these guys before you not understand that you do?
I'll go on a limb here and say that you did not understand that not everything you read on the inter webs is to be taken so literally.

'13 Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré
Keep Calm
and
Carry On
Old 06-12-2014, 04:24 AM   #7191
Johnny Locks
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Quote:
I still need to do Africa too......the right way.....from top to bottom. Or bottom to top.

Then there is Australia, Indonesia, India and Nepal.

And The Stans

But i need to time the seasons. Or at least i want to so i get the most out of it.

For Africa, i wanto start in S Africa around March at the end of their summer, get to Namibia while the desert is cooling down in April, Botswana by May/June for their dry season, Kenya in summer and Ethiopia by October in time for their dry season.

Australia would start in January in the south and ride north as the season cools.
Indonesia, their dry season starts in June. And India/Nepal, September thru November.

I think i have my next four years planned out.

And as long as i am not dead, i am going to make it all happen.
You might have the change the title of the ride report to "Around the World in 8000 Days."
Old 06-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #7192
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,730
Quote:
I still need to do Africa too......the right way.....from top to bottom. Or bottom to top./QUOTE]

Calm down Lucy, untwist your panties and take a deep breath. My guess is he's saying the "right way" being to explore more of the Africa continent than just the safari/resort/safe/touristy areas.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Old 06-12-2014, 01:00 PM   #7193
Billb596
Rocky Mtn High

Oddometer: 7
Or mabey the right way is the way he wants to do it. There is always three ways to do it. The right way, the wrong way and my way

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #7194
M.Khan
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hey been following you for a while now. loving it. keep on going.
Check this guy out. my brother might be able to help you out. for this part of the world.

Thank you May God bless you. enjoy.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:17 PM   #7195
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Geeeeez
All i was getting at is i plan to visit Tunisia and Morocco first with my BMW. And then come back at some time later and do it "right" by seeing all of it..... from top to bottom.
Is that ok with you?

If there is one thing i learned from traveling is everyone has their own way
I am not ever saying my way is right or better. It is just my way and it is right for me.
Even when i say belgium beer is the best in the world, it is just my opinion (and everyone else that knows anything about good beer).
And that last comment was supposed to be funny because i like to joke around
Hey, do i really need to explain myself here?
Old 06-12-2014, 02:19 PM   #7196
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Khan View Post
Hey been following you for a while now. loving it. keep on going.
Check this guy out. my brother might be able to help you out. for this part of the world.

Thank you May God bless you. enjoy.
What guy?
No link attached
Old 06-12-2014, 06:34 PM   #7197
lqgsrider
LQDesert Rider

Oddometer: 324
Ed,

Sounds like a good plan - four more years!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:39 PM   #7198
AKMotorbiker
Searching for sanity

Oddometer: 238
If you keep working the fishery you can work two months and ride ten for the rest of your life!
Searching for Sanity: Newest Chapter- Sequoia National Park
Old 06-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #7199
Ratman
Lucky Rider

Oddometer: 1,118
Fish crane

How you doing with the fish crane, Poin? Have you spent any time practicing with that toy?

Will you be in Wifi range for the whole 2 months?
p.ratfab@gmail.com
Old 06-12-2014, 07:50 PM   #7200
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
How you doing with the fish crane, Poin? Have you spent any time practicing with that toy?

Will you be in Wifi range for the whole 2 months?
You must be watching or reading my mind.
I practiced a bit on the crane yesterday but the true test will be next week when they have half ton bags of fresh salmon in them and i try to pick them up from off the fishing boats and in the tanks of our tender. I am looking forward to getting good at it. But right now, i don't know what in the hell i am doing

And starting this monday, i will be on the boat almost full time so i will be without wifi. As it is now, to get wifi, i have to climb up this wall and reset the router every time. There are so many people here using the system that it locks you out all the time. So if i go dark next week, i am probably not dead, i am just on the boat doing my thing with the cranes
Closed Thread