Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:12 AM   #7276
The Bigfella
Big Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
Well, evidently, i am not as popular as i had hoped.
I contacted five major tire companies and six helmet companies looking for sponsorship. Not cash....just some tires and a helmet and not one of them has sent me a reply. And that was a week ago.
I even contacted my buddies at Chimay and so far........crickets.
I have a cool plan for the next two years - maybe four if it all comes together. I was hoping to score some free tires and garb though.
A penny saved is a penny earned
I am sure Brad pitt could make it happen. But not Lalo
Maybe i should just move to the Bay of Fundy, watch the 50 foot tide go up and down from my rocking chair and wait for some company to sponsor me with some fresh rubber so i can burn rubber for the next few years

Excellent. Guys scamming suppliers for freebies just drives the price up for everyone else. Glad to see they aren't an easy touch.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:59 AM   #7277
BigMan73
Binary Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Quote:
Well, evidently, i am not as popular as i had hoped.
I contacted five major tire companies and six helmet companies looking for sponsorship. Not cash....just some tires and a helmet and not one of them has sent me a reply. And that was a week ago.
I even contacted my buddies at Chimay and so far........crickets.
I have a cool plan for the next two years - maybe four if it all comes together. I was hoping to score some free tires and garb though.
A penny saved is a penny earned
I am sure Brad pitt could make it happen. But not Lalo
Maybe i should just move to the Bay of Fundy, watch the 50 foot tide go up and down from my rocking chair and wait for some company to sponsor me with some fresh rubber so i can burn rubber for the next few years
Assuming you have 10,000 distinct viewers, note that 1.7M views *doesn't* mean 1.7M people, and 10% of that (1000 viewers) donate you $20 (a very reasonable amount) then you have $20K. You won't be rich from that but you can travel with it for some time, of course without expensive cruises!
Other ideas can be selling products like shirts (e.g. "World Of Ed - 800 days or more around the world") for higher amounts. You can for example use a vendor like Zazzle.com to have your own shop of products, with your design, and then decide the margin of 'profit' which is actually the donation the person is making. This has ZERO risk to you and people can choose what ever product , size, color and shipping details.
Regd the 'Inner Circle Blog' - I'm confused if that is going to be a public blog which is simply uncensored, or a limited audience blog for those you decide are close enough to you. If the latter, then I think it is a marketing mistake. You would have posted in here ADVRider everything if you could, including the donation requests. So limiting your audience doesn't make sense to me. You're so transparent as it is, some say TMI.., so what the hell have you got to hide or fear from?

I just came back from a one week business visit in Paris and managed to complete another of the Chimay Trio The Blue went very well with moules!
This beer is indeed epic.

You could ask your viewers to send you photos with Chimay, and then send all these to Chimay HQ and ask them to make you the Chimay factory bike (you already have my two photos to start with). If you send them 1000 photos, I think that then they will listen.

EDIT: 1/1 Israeli tank commanders recommends this thread.
Suzuki V-Strom (Stromtrooper) Wiki
Old 06-22-2014, 06:28 AM   #7278
Tomaso
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Wise words from BigMan73! Well worth consideration.

I'd be more than happy to scope out some Chimay (shouldn't be too difficult here in the Hamptons) and shoot some pics!

And since I'm greedy for my 800 fix, I'll gladly kick in some bucks for a few tanks of gas, bottles of wine, bribes to border guards.

Whatever the big plan shapes up to be, and wherever it takes you, you've got some committed fans who enjoy reading your adventures, Ed!

(Hello! to Tank Commander BigMan73 from Tomaso (gravel face) Psykledelic. Hope your Paris trip was a success on every front!)
Old 06-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #7279
squawk77
Dreamer

Oddometer: 496
Chimay blue does go well with moules-frites

Old 06-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #7280
G-Mac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Great now I'm on the hunt for Chimay. Does anyone know if I can get it in ontario Canada.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
2002 XR250R Dirty Girl so fun to ride
1997 KLR 650 miss the old girl. Never washed!
Old 06-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #7281
Jick Magger
Exile on Main Street

Oddometer: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mac View Post
Great now I'm on the hunt for Chimay. Does anyone know if I can get it in ontario Canada.

Call your local Liberal MLA. Isn't all your beer still controlled by big brother? They probably don't think it's good for you. 😄

RIde Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...t=Rolling+jick
Old 06-22-2014, 03:50 PM   #7282
Snobike Mike
Mediumfastguy

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
If you do ever make it out there visit Hopewell Rocks. Pretty cool place for eastern canada and yes, you can watch the 16 meter tides there.
Old 06-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #7283
G-Mac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick Magger View Post
Call your local Liberal MLA. Isn't all your beer still controlled by big brother? They probably don't think it's good for you. 😄
Yes yes we are still controlled by big brutha. But aren't we all? ?
The good news is our version of your corner liquor store is the LCBO and they have it. So tomorrow I'm heading over to get a taste of the good stuff.

2002 XR250R Dirty Girl so fun to ride
1997 KLR 650 miss the old girl. Never washed!
Old 06-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #7284
mirtna
Magrambalgue

Oddometer: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralunar View Post
I can't say too much right now, I think Ed will be putting in an appearance shortly....... :)
Then post a picture of your sister. We're getting tired of fish stories!
Old 06-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #7285
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralunar View Post
Yeah ok
No beating about the bush here, I thought Ed was a bit of a douche when we first met.
Yeah, this how most of us feel about Ed in the beginning, but he does grow on you after a while.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Old 06-22-2014, 09:26 PM   #7286
Billb596
Rocky Mtn High

Oddometer: 7
Lol yes he does grow on us. I look forward to more edventures! Best of luck to you Ed!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2014, 06:38 AM   #7287
Scubalong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Thumb Tamaralunar

Thanks for the first chapter Looking forward to the rest of the story
I am sure Ed will when he is done with fishing and his Inner Circle blog
Old 06-23-2014, 06:51 AM   #7288
rossphoto
GDTRFB

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
Excellent. Guys scamming suppliers for freebies just drives the price up for everyone else. Glad to see they aren't an easy touch.
Excellent??? Why is it excellent that a company won't sponsor a guy whose been out riding the world for two years??? What the hell are you talking about? I hardly think Ed is scamming for freebies and I'm certain if a tire company gave him a few tires your prices wouldn't be affected. Lighten up bigfella
Old 06-23-2014, 08:41 AM   #7289
Rough ride
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossphoto View Post
Excellent??? Why is it excellent that a company won't sponsor a guy whose been out riding the world for two years??? What the hell are you talking about? I hardly think Ed is scamming for freebies and I'm certain if a tire company gave him a few tires your prices wouldn't be affected. Lighten up bigfella

I smell smoke!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:54 AM   #7290
rossphoto
GDTRFB

Oddometer: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rough ride View Post
I smell smoke!
What? Then maybe you should quit smoking...