n00b

Oddometer: 2
Great idea Tam...

Sign me up for 3 shirts
Old 06-29-2014, 12:46 AM   #7397
Farway
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
No chance in hell will I wear a shirt with a gs on it....
Old 06-29-2014, 01:20 AM   #7398
GSBruce
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
[QUOTE=Tamaralunar;24494315]........Or don’t......../QUOTE]

I won't. Ed's writings have no tangible value; he comes across as some sort of obnoxious egotist/jerk/asshole/legend in his own mind (which he has himself copped to, seemingly proudly, in the past). He has little respect for private property and law and order. His photos are among the worst quality of any in Ride Reports and his posing in the photos screams douche bag or tool or both. All in all, his Ride Report falls way short of many others here. I'll still check in occasionally - for free. I predict you'll get a gutfull of Ed soon yourself, Tamara, as did QHFAN2 and Kathe and you'll be left wondering "WTF was I thinking?". Cheers.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:41 AM   #7399
legasea
Ape on wheels

Oddometer: 102
"I won't. Ed's writings have no tangible value; he comes across as some sort of obnoxious egotist/jerk/asshole/legend in his own mind (which he has himself copped to, seemingly proudly, in the past). He has little respect for private property and law and order. His photos are among the worst quality of any in Ride Reports and his posing in the photos screams douche bag or tool or both. All in all, his Ride Report falls way short of many others here. I'll still check in occasionally - for free. I predict you'll get a gutfull of Ed soon yourself, Tamara, as did QHFAN2 and Kathe and you'll be left wondering "WTF was I thinking?"

Wonderfull work for Ed's cause.

It's God's fault if atheism is growing
Old 06-29-2014, 03:18 AM   #7400
Woody2
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Your're kidding right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by legasea View Post
"I won't. Ed's writings have no tangible value; he comes across as some sort of obnoxious egotist/jerk/asshole/legend in his own mind (which he has himself copped to, seemingly proudly, in the past). He has little respect for private property and law and order. His photos are among the worst quality of any in Ride Reports and his posing in the photos screams douche bag or tool or both. All in all, his Ride Report falls way short of many others here. I'll still check in occasionally - for free. I predict you'll get a gutfull of Ed soon yourself, Tamara, as did QHFAN2 and Kathe and you'll be left wondering "WTF was I thinking?"

"Everything is so bad" about Eds reports yet you will still "check in occasionally." Please don't, as you do have a choice, if you don't like it, don't read it or waste my time with your negative opinion or commenting on their relationship as it's none of your business (or mine for that matter), even though Ed posts freely about such matters.

Tamara, I like the T-Shirt designs and would happily purchase a couple.

Ed if you hit NZ (Wellington) again and need a place to stay, plenty of room & a spare garage for parking a bike.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:48 AM   #7401
stromsavard
Sergio

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by legasea View Post

Dumm ass!! that's what you are... Don't come back here please....Respect for Ed and others who likes this thread like I do!!
Old 06-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #7402
BigMan73
Binary Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaralunar View Post
Someone mentioned selling t-shirts. So I've been busy! Haha!!

Be honest, would anyone actually ever wear one of these??!!
Tam,
Glad that at least one of you is listening.
As I advised before, you could open a 'product shop' (it is free) with a vendor like zazzle.com and put all your products there for sale.
You should carefully set the profit level on the products. i.e. if you set it too low then you make virtually no money.

Then people don't order from you but directly from the site. All the details (size, color, shirt type/product type, shipping address) are none of your concern. So readers stop polluting this thread with "great, 1 3XL for me please!" and instead just go the shop directly and order.
Also you could put a reference to the 'product shop' in your signature (and Ed's as well), though I'm not sure what ADVRider rules are regarding this.

One last word - This is a free world and everybody can do what ever they want to do, as long as it is legal and doesn't hurt someone else. The inner circle is bad idea for many reasons, but NOT because Ed is trying to make money. It is primarily bad IMO because Ed would be blocking information. Sell products and services (e.g. shirts or be a tour guide) and make as much $$$ as you want, and spend it on what ever you want. None of our fucking business. Your cars and other assets are none of our business either. But please don't mask info for $ - it pretty much violates the spirit of ADVRider RRs and even if legally 'kosher' smells like rotten salmon fish...

Bigman
Suzuki V-Strom (Stromtrooper) Wiki

BigMan73 screwed with this post 06-29-2014 at 05:22 AM
Old 06-29-2014, 06:50 AM   #7403
ADV67
Alsace rider

Oddometer: 79
After a long time lurking in this thread and spending many long nights reading Ed's great RR I find it sad to see how the thread falls apart with flamewars and negative comments.
This is certainly not how Ed intended his RR to be and it's not because he is away offline on a fishing gig in Alaska saving up money to continue that this thread needs to be spammed with offtopic Junk posts.

If you don't like it or don't like Ed's way of being and travelling: leave it and just move on! And no, you don't need to slam the door on your way out.

I am no fan of Facebook myself and I won't spend money there for Ed.
But if Ed comes around on his trip thru the triangle border area of Switzerland/Germany/France he is really welcome to stay at my place. I live just in the wine yards in the Alsace and I will be happy to open a few bottles together with him in exchange for some fresh crispy travel stories.

So keep up your great posts Ed, they are highly entertaining for me and give me plenty of travel ideas. And don't hesitate to PM me for a place to stay on your next trip.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:49 AM   #7404
rossphoto
GDTRFB

Oddometer: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by adv67 View Post
after a long time lurking in this thread and spending many long nights reading ed's great rr i find it sad to see how the thread falls apart with flamewars and negative comments.
This is certainly not how ed intended his rr to be and it's not because he is away offline on a fishing gig in alaska saving up money to continue that this thread needs to be spammed with offtopic junk posts.

If you don't like it or don't like ed's way of being and travelling: Leave it and just move on! And no, you don't need to slam the door on your way out.

i am no fan of facebook myself and i won't spend money there for ed.
But if ed comes around on his trip thru the triangle border area of switzerland/germany/france he is really welcome to stay at my place. I live just in the wine yards in the alsace and i will be happy to open a few bottles together with him in exchange for some fresh crispy travel stories.

so keep up your great posts ed, they are highly entertaining for me and give me plenty of travel ideas. And don't hesitate to pm me for a place to stay on your next trip.

+1
Old 06-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #7405
Shapi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Ed has caught the Howard Stern Magic

someone used the word "sheeple" earlier....love it! Take a step back and reread the last 15 pr so pages it's great and it is exactly why this blog is successful and should be moved to a more prominent and profitable media. Half the folks express a tone of affinity for Eduardo and the other half clearly display their disdain. Either way dude has 500 pages of commentary and only about half of which he has actually generated through actual writings. End point being people tune in because they love him, hate him, or can't wait to see the drama between Inmates.

My $.02 Big Fella is all square in my book and I get his point. Ed probably can and very well may do more that we see, maybe not. Either way I respect his call to action and for what it's worth I have seen the kindness Ed displays and the way he is received in Baja, which is no Beverly Hills. Point is people don't gravitate to you if you have a bad heart!

Tam-love the shirts. I am however a small logo on the front and bigger statement on the back kinda guy....but count me in for something!

Ed-you do need to do your part and keep this thing going. Think big picture....
Old 06-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #7406
JMB_ADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
some walk the walk some Talk the talk New you decide who is who
Old 06-29-2014, 08:54 AM   #7407
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,165
I don't think anyone else's suggestions will change the course of his life.

Still in.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:55 AM   #7408
colemadad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
This site and Ed are a lot of things...

but boring isn't one of them
Old 06-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #7409
twflybum
Prodigal Biker

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapi View Post
Tam-love the shirts. I am however a small logo on the front and bigger statement on the back kinda guy....
+1

In the event shirt production gets up and running..
Old 06-29-2014, 09:10 AM   #7410
FlyingDutchman
Dirt Biker

Oddometer: 774
I love Ed's report and l hope he posts up the stats on his 'donations'.

He has been open about everything and if we are going to be asked to pay, we should get to see the numbers.

I am skeptical that many of the inmates will search for a new source of entertainment as Ed is not the first with this idea...l think my first attraction to advrider was a thread called Quit my Job and Going for a Ride in 2007. The author asked for money when it ran out and the followers dissapated pretty fast.

More to come...

Ed earns...
Ed sells Mercedes 500sl?
Ed sells bikes collection?
Ed sells wine cellar?
Ed gets donation from me?