Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #91
Tessitori
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott_PDX View Post
Terry, don't know you, but have been moved by your tale. I don't have any words that will help you out of your situation, but you are in my thoughts and I wish you the best in your recovery efforts. Hang in there, and keep us in the loop.

-= Scott
X2
I just finished reading the whole thread and I am moved by your strength and by the ADVrider community who is here to support you even though some of us have never met you!

Andrew
Old 07-27-2012, 06:44 PM   #92
gfloyd2002
Title Free Since '12

Oddometer: 139
Thanks for sharing, Mr. DTM. Would be great to have a big turnout of inmates there. I probably won't be able to make it, but nothing can stop me from contributing. I might be able to find a check with my 8-track tapes and typewriter. Paypal?
Old 08-01-2012, 09:25 AM   #93
not2fast OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 697
Update- I am home

I am now back at my home in Lititz. It has been a big transition from hospital to home. My wonderful wife is my support. She has been exposed to more than I ever thought she would ever have to do for me and does it without complaint.

Adapting to home has its challenges. I have limited space to travel in. At least the internet will give me an outlet to the rest of the world.

The support from Adv Rider continues to help me overcome my situation. It is wonderful to get your words of support for someone you have never met.

I am getting home therapy for my mobility training and improved self-support. My wounds are just about fully healed too so hopefully I will be able to get more time out side to "ride the world".

Best wishes,
Terry
Old 08-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #94
MTKNZ
Touring Kiwi

Oddometer: 104
CONGRATULATIONS Terry,
So glad to hear you have made it home, great news.
IMHO, there is nothing in the world as wonderful as a good wife, and it sounds like you have a truly great one.
Much respect to both of you.
Good luck with your recovery and mobility training, keep us informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not2fast View Post
I am now back at my home in Lititz. It has been a big transition from hospital to home. My wonderful wife is my support. She has been exposed to more than I ever thought she would ever have to do for me and does it without complaint.

Adapting to home has its challenges. I have limited space to travel in. At least the internet will give me an outlet to the rest of the world.

The support from Adv Rider continues to help me overcome my situation. It is wonderful to get your words of support for someone you have never met.

I am getting home therapy for my mobility training and improved self-support. My wounds are just about fully healed too so hopefully I will be able to get more time out side to "ride the world".

Best wishes,
Terry
Old 08-01-2012, 11:46 AM   #95
bhorocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Welcome home. Get some of that home cookin!
bhorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #96
YOUNZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Thank you for posting the donation information. Remember folks, whatever you give to help a man when he is down, comes back to you, many fold over. Ride safe. RP
YOUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #97
Rick G
Ranger Rick

Oddometer: 1,988
So sorry to hear this. I am at a loss for words. I wish you all the best and am glad you are alive.

Peace,

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #98
Snr Moment
Unafarkler

Oddometer: 2,202
Good to see my computer screen light up with post notifications that you're back home. Congrats.
There's a lot of adjustment to that and a strong family speeds the recovery process.

FWIW, I'm a remodeling contractor by trade and the first job I did after getting sufficient strength back this spring was to rebuild a wheel chair access bathroom for a group home care facility. It was the third one I've done for them and have built others for private use clients. If you have questions, or need info, feel free to contact me.

Again, congrats on getting home.

YAAK
Snr Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #99
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,410
Quote:

Best wishes,
Terry

Progress man...

Good to see you posting.

Jerry

TrashCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:31 AM   #100
diesel1959
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Hello,
Some of you know me from rides and Ephrata cycle gatherings. On May 11 I was involved in a collison with a Jeep. I had the right of way when the jeepdriver drove into me from my right side. The outcome for me was not so good. I spent two weeks in intesive care in Phila HUP and then was then sent to Magee Rehab in Phila where I am now.

The accident has cost me my right leg above the knee and I am now a paraplegic. This is a dissapointment for a guy who has ridden for almost 40 years. I wanted to share this with the people who know me so they will know why I am not around.

The wreck distroyed my new 2012 DL650 which was a 60th birthday present to myself.

I am still around and able to communicate because of my newer HJC full face helmet and Olympia long jacket. That safety gear left the upper body totally intact and undamaged. Buy the best gear you can. It works, I can attest to that. The hospital said that jacket was the most difficult they ever had to cut apart.

So for now its rehab to get back to my new normal.

Be careful out there. and keep me in your thoughts.

Terry
12 DL650 destroyed
02 DL 1000 - For sale
99 Dr650- For Sale
Terry, you have plenty of thoughts and prayers coming your way. So many have sent them my way since my accident, I can do no less than spread the feeling. I'm sorry about your leg--I came very, very close to losing one of mine too. Hang in there, brother, and embrace the new normal. Cheers!

diesel1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #101
BelizeRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Hey Terry-
Sent a check out to you this weekend, along with positive thoughts for your continued recovery. Wish I could participate in the ride this Sunday - I'm sure it will be attended by many supportive friends as well as strangers who share a common hope for your well-being. Your friends on the forum will be thinking about you!
Take Care,
Jim

p.s. If there is someone who can set-up a paypal site on your behalf, that may make it easier for some to contribute. Many of us have provided funds to support riders on their challenging trips, I would say that your current journey falls into that category.
BelizeRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:41 PM   #102
not2fast OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 697
Thanks to all who helped me

Well I am home again after another hospital stay. 10 days this time for an infection. Thank you to everyone who supported my benrfit ride. I am blessed to have you all as friends.

Keep me in your thoughts,

Terry
Old 08-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #103
ZugBug
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Hey Terry,
Good to see you back on line. Sorry I missed you on Sunday but I did get to meet a bunch of nice folks who think you're a pretty great guy. Take care and keep us posted on your progress.
Paul
Old 08-17-2012, 01:17 AM   #104
2handedSpey
bunned

Oddometer: 237
May peace be in your heart.

Keep on keepin on, buddy!
2handedSpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #105
morena67
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
-Wish you all the best, My love and respect for you.