Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 06:17 PM   #301
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 12,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPillion View Post
UH-MAZING group of photos!
New growth after a fire is a beautiful thing. I am glad you included it in the thread!
+1
WOW... as always, thank you Dave!!
I'm enjoying the moment again and again.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:51 PM   #302
bkg123
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 211
Dave, your pictures are like medicine for me right now. 79 more days till I head that way. Vacation cant get here soon enough.
Thanks
Old 02-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #303
TheVeeBumbleBee
Grasshopper

Oddometer: 34
Always love seeing your images (and following he cool concept of an ongoing ride report). Well done!!!
TheVeeBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:36 AM   #304
HoJoOkie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Dave,

When I see your postings I'm ready for a great ride. Of all those on AR it yours that I go to. So glad you're taken up photography. All the snaps are so well composed, saturated with beautiful color and razor sharp. Don't know how you do it.

Hope you get around to making a book of your travels. I'd buy one.

Joe
HoJoOkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:08 PM   #305
Desert Dave OP
Enjoying the moment

Oddometer: 2,709
Like always guys, appreciate the feedback glad you're enjoying the ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed View Post
+1

I'm enjoying the moment again and again.
You get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg123 View Post
Dave, your pictures are like medicine for me right now. 79 more days till I head that way. Vacation cant get here soon enough.
Thanks
I never forget that my "regular" stuff is somebody else' s vacation spot. Then again, I suppose that could be said about so many places, the trick is to appreciate while you're there In 79 days you can appreciate it here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVeeBumbleBee View Post
Always love seeing your images (and following he cool concept of an ongoing ride report). Well done!!!
Yeah I love the ongoing ride report concept. I don't feel I need to have a full story for each segment, more like a "highlights" reel Plus it takes away any pressure while out doing it to get "enough" material...I just do what feels good at the moment.

Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #306
Desert Dave OP
Enjoying the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJoOkie View Post
Dave,

When I see your postings I'm ready for a great ride. Of all those on AR it yours that I go to. So glad you're taken up photography. All the snaps are so well composed, saturated with beautiful color and razor sharp. Don't know how you do it.

Hope you get around to making a book of your travels. I'd buy one.

Joe
That's so cool to hear, thanks Man.

Right now it's all about the passion...if you want to buy something I'll let you buy me a beer

Old 02-05-2014, 06:15 PM   #307
RustySpokes
Two-bit throttle bum

Oddometer: 1,032
That little lake hidden under the waterfall is amazing! Glad you got to see it, and share it with us "groupies"
Old 02-05-2014, 07:02 PM   #308
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,793
Thumb Damn...

I've said it before but I think I need to say it again, you've got quite the talent for photography and I really appreciate you sharing it with us. If our paths ever cross, I'd gladly buy you a beer.
Old 02-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #309
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Dave View Post

If you're following this thread, you're doomed to see many more photos like this. This day just inspired me to get to some more spots around Yosemite that I haven't already...when the time is right

Isn't great how a ride to a beautiful spot inspires more? Looking forward to what you will show us next.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #310
Geology Rocks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 486
being that I have a 14 day trip through the tahoe, the coast, and the northern mountains of California planned this post needs a bump. More pictures please!

The "Suicide Disease" - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. The pain never ends
http://www.rsds.org/2/what_is_rsd_crps/
Geology Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:34 PM   #311
Desert Dave OP
Enjoying the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geology Rocks View Post
being that I have a 14 day trip through the tahoe, the coast, and the northern mountains of California planned this post needs a bump. More pictures please!

G.Rocks --you better do a ride report so we can compare notes!
....and thanks for the perfect lead in for a few photos. I've been getting in some good ridng for the last month or two, but not so many photos. See what happens when I just get the wanderlust? Got a few that stand out, to me at least. I'll start with last weekend.

FINALLY some more rain. I've been wanting to ride the redwoods while it is wet but haven't had many opportunities this year. Sometimes I laugh at myself, Saturday morning looking for rain on the weather radar so I can see where I want to ride. The fun is to try and ride right at the edge of the weather. Yes, you're gonna get wet, but the sights and smells are worth it. Besides 50% showers also means 50% dry, right??

Riding west out of the central valley the 50% thing lives up to it's prediction. At the edge of the coastal hills I look up , saw this and decided I wanted to be right in the middle of it.

Of course the roads getting up the hill are what it's all about.

Everywhere the rising fog looks surreal.

Telephone poles usually ruin a photo, but in this case the moss that adapted to it just adds to the rainforest type feel, even if it is just in my head.

This weather is all about filtered light.

Mid afternoon a burger at Alices sounds perfect. Not a bike in sight, don't these people know what they are missing?? I guess not. In short time another lone biker stops in for grub, being that we are the only two in the place he sits at the counter with an instant connection, knowing we are enjoying what most miss. The rare opportunity to see this part of the Bay Area and not be a circus. Had to take the obligatory shot of Ross's sweet R1100S.

One more view you just don't get to experience in the "good" weather.

I really think I might branch out into more wildlife photography. Here's a couple of opportunities I've had since the last installment to this thread.

In the Central Valley, a couple of Burrowing Owls, which is what I assumed since they were, well, burrowing. I'm not a bird nerd or anything, but birds of prey are just so cool. Funny, standing on the side of a country road pointing my camera out into a ranchers property, the few cars that passed slowed down to like 10 mph with confused looks on their faces, like they were thinking "Is he really taking photos of Horse Shit?"

A couple weeks before that a Bobcat crossed the road right in front of me behind Mt. Hamilton. He disappeard into the brush, but I figured I should try every time as I might get lucky and get a glimpse right? Seems I'm becoming quite the Bobcat tracker By the time I had my camera out I guessed where he might have headed and I took a course through the bushes to the side of that, in case he bedded down instead of running. He new right where I was, but man was I surprised when I spotted him in the grass , between bushes,maybe 30 yards away. So cool making eye contact with a cat like this.

And just because we all like bike sunset photos, here's a couple from the Sierras foothills the week before.

What the heck, I like em both

Desert Dave screwed with this post 03-06-2014 at 08:40 PM
Old 03-06-2014, 08:46 PM   #312
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,337
Always great stuff...

I'm doing a fly and ride up to San Francisco this weekend to buy a bike and I'm taking country roads back. I'll pass Alices on the way back for sure.

Thanks again for the great stuff.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:59 PM   #313
Desert Dave OP
Enjoying the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
I'm doing a fly and ride up to San Francisco this weekend to buy a bike and I'm taking country roads back. I'll pass Alices on the way back for sure.

Thanks again for the great stuff.

If I didn't have my arm twisted in to working this weekend I'd meet you for a burger Enjoy the ride man, what great roads for a new bike!

Old 03-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #314
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
Great pics DD. The owls and Bobcat are pretty cool.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #315
PatSmith
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
BTW, what are your thoughts on the S10. I have a GSA that I like but this bike intrigues me.